• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sleepy or not?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found an interesting link from a page about sleep cycles--

BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Sheep Dash!

The "Sheep Dash Test"
This little applet will time your responses (you have to click a "tranquilizer" button every time you see a sheep dash out into the yard) and determine roughly how sleepy you are.

It's 12:01AM here, I'm totally ready for bed, and I got the "Bobbin' Bobcat" rating.

The original link I was viewing, for anyone who's interested, is this: Sleeping Well: Understanding Sleep Needs, Cycles and Stages

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
spirilis, you fiend! Don't you know something like this will keep me up all night? :doh: :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I WILL get the cheetah! I MUST!

Agh! Rabbit again! :cry:

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love the BBC site! I got bobbing bobcat... I never pay attention to when I'm tired though when there's other things to be done...the internet kills me there's too much stuff on it

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
It's late (or actually early in the morning) and I got bobbing bobcat. Excited to see if I can improve it after sleep.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Took it five times and got this on my fifth try.

Avg: .1798 seconds

Sheep 1: .180 secs
Sheep 2: .179 secs
Sheep 3: .179 secs
Sheep 4: .180 secs
Sheep 5: .181 secs

I'm a FPS player and I'm a rocketing rabbit!

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
first try:

average: 0.1468 seconds

sheep1: 0.228 seconds
sheep2: 0.100 seconds
sheep3: 0.231 seconds
sheep4: 0.118 seconds
sheep5: 0.057 seconds

rocketing rabbit

cheers,
Ian

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I really don't think sleepiness will determine how you do on this test so much as just basic reflexes. The more you do it the better you'll get... I don't think it'd matter if I was wide awake or ready to sleep.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
first bobbing bobcat 0.224
next time rocketing rabbit 0.168

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I just wanna say that I just pulled off my first successful allnighter, a triumph that eluded me throughout college. Not only did I spend the last 14 hours straight typing up med school shit, I also only got 3 hrs. of sleep the night before. I can't type grammatically correct sentences. I wonder what I wrote. I'm withering away at work. Oh my...

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just wanna say that I just pulled off my first successful allnighter, a triumph that eluded me throughout college. Not only did I spend the last 14 hours straight typing up med school shit, I also only got 3 hrs. of sleep the night before. I can't type grammatically correct sentences. I wonder what I wrote. I'm withering away at work. Oh my...

Dang, you're hardcore :D Get some sleep!!

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Dang, you're hardcore :D Get some sleep!!

Not only am I hardcore, but I'm dorky as well. I feel refreshed and energized. Was it coffee? crack? No, I got high training a colleague to grade prostate tumors. There have been days were I've done nothing but look through a microscope and grade tumor slide after tumor slide. I friggin' get off on it. It's like sweet nectar to my Ne. God, I'm being dramatic. Sorry, I'm gonna go eat a sandwich.

By the way, my boss wants to meet with me to discuss the next step for my laaammmmme frozen slide project. I mean... what the hell ever happened to giving me a day to prepare? I'm practically intoxicated. I'm not inhibiting my urge to ramble. There is no censorship in this post. BAhhhhhh. Yeah, I'll be sleeping well tonight.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not only am I hardcore, but I'm dorky as well. I feel refreshed and energized. Was it coffee? crack? No, I got high training a colleague to grade prostate tumors. There have been days were I've done nothing but look through a microscope and grade tumor slide after tumor slide. I friggin' get off on it. It's like sweet nectar to my Ne. God, I'm being dramatic. Sorry, I'm gonna go eat a sandwich.

By the way, my boss wants to meet with me to discuss the next step for my laaammmmme frozen slide project. I mean... what the hell ever happened to giving me a day to prepare? I'm practically intoxicated. I'm not inhibiting my urge to ramble. There is no censorship in this post. BAhhhhhh. Yeah, I'll be sleeping well tonight.

Either that, or you'll have kentucky fried prostate tumors on the brain all night long. Yikes!

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Woohoo! I got 1 sheep at 0.0000 seconds! However, I totally jumped the gun and got lucky...

I'm consistently a bobbing bobcat. The sheep that run across the very bottom are cheaters IMO because you can't really even see them until they get out of the shrubbery that's at the bottom of the screen...and by that point you're already at .2 seconds.