• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

curious about your relationship to food

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

However, I do have a diabetes type 2 wife, and the dizziness symptom you describe sounds like a blood sugar issue.

Hmmm, I've been tested recently for diabetes, so I know I don't have that. But I've always had a problem with blood sugar in that if I eat something sugary, I'll get shaky and start getting faint and disoriented if I don't eat something else with sugar a few hours afterward (I've been tested for diabetes several times in my life because of this). So it could be something wrong with my pancreas. Maybe I'll have to look into this more--thanks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hmmm, I've been tested recently for diabetes, so I know I don't have that. But I've always had a problem with blood sugar in that if I eat something sugary, I'll get shaky and start getting faint and disoriented if I don't eat something else with sugar a few hours afterward (this is why I get tested for diabetes a lot). So it could be something wrong with my pancreas. Maybe I'll have to look into this more--thanks.

can the same test, test for hypoglycemia?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, I've been tested recently for diabetes, so I know I don't have that. But I've always had a problem with blood sugar in that if I eat something sugary, I'll get shaky and start getting faint and disoriented if I don't eat something else with sugar a few hours afterward (I've been tested for diabetes several times in my life because of this). So it could be something wrong with my pancreas. Maybe I'll have to look into this more--thanks.

Right, diabetes is caused from under-active or non-active pancreas. Yours sounds over-active, as I said, creating hypoglycemia.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
can the same test, test for hypoglycemia?

I really have no idea if you can tell using the same test--you'd think they would have said something if I had low blood sugar, but maybe having hypoglycemia is tested differently, IDK. I will be looking into it.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm annoying.

Never grew out of childhood pickiness, roaring metabolism. Very exacting about not just having enough to eat, but the right balance of nutrients; I am very sensitive to when something is missing.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Food and I are like peas and carrots. I think people ought to love the things that are important to them--and what's more important than energy!?

I like fresh, cooked, well-made food.. sometimes unhealthy, most of the time I like healthy food though. Fresh fruits, crisp veggies, pickled delights, snacks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts.. they all rock the casbah.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Food and I are like peas and carrots. I think people ought to love the things that are important to them--and what's more important than energy!?

I like fresh, cooked, well-made food.. sometimes unhealthy, most of the time I like healthy food though. Fresh fruits, crisp veggies, pickled delights, snacks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts.. they all rock the casbah.

THIS IS NOT KOSHER!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It's different for everyone, but I know it's common for people to get into the habit of skipping breakfast, being starving by time they eat, and then overeating later in the day. Something to stick to you in the morning can help hunger come on more gradually and naturally for those people, leading to more balanced eating patterns.

It's weird...eating breakfast seems to kick-start my hunger as opposed to not eating anything. In fact, cereal in particular has always seemed to make me way hungrier after eating it. Not skipping lunch I understand, but breakfast? Ehhh.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's weird...eating breakfast seems to kick-start my hunger as opposed to not eating anything. In fact, cereal in particular has always seemed to make me way hungrier after eating it. Not skipping lunch I understand, but breakfast? Ehhh.
I experience exactly the same.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I experience exactly the same.

Oh me too! I thought it's really wierd, but when I eat something light for breakfast I am hungry again an hour after breakfast. When I don't eat anything I can go almost whole day without feeling hungry. But I think small breakfast just starts your metabolism to work so when it's all strated up you feel hungry earlier, than when you don't start your metabolism at all and your body doesn't even know if it's weaken up, or what? :D

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh me too! I thought it's really wierd, but when I eat something light for breakfast I am hungry again an hour after breakfast. When I don't eat anything I can go almost whole day without feeling hungry. But I think small breakfast just starts your metabolism to work so when it's all strated up you feel hungry earlier, than when you don't start your metabolism at all and your body doesn't even know if it's weaken up, or what? :D

Makes sense to me. I started to drink OJ in the mornings.