• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

curious about your relationship to food

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
to OP, i dont think you have very healthy eating standards.... i'd be worried...!?

I just feel like a fat disgusting slob, so i try not eating, but than i get hungry and end up eating the kitchen. not literally. because i suck at eating healthy

Nicki

Retired
I have a love-hate relationship with food. I love variety and trying out new recipes. I love reading books about the history of certain types of food, how to present food properly, etc. But ingredients cost money and I tend to eat too much when I'm feeling anxious or bored.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Food scares me a little. If I eat what normal college kids do, I turn into a blob of lard and feel super sick, no matter how exercise I get. If I eat only healthy foods, I wind up either not getting enough calories (I suck at volumetric eating) or feeling really emotional. It's complicated.

I struggle with the same thing. I'm not in college, but it's hard for me to find a balance. Our personality lends itself to ups and downs and I think my eating has gotten caught up in that as well. I'm really working hard on trying to just keep everything in moderation and not focus on food. I feel your pain xoxo

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not a big "foodie" type. I wouldn't even eat if I didn't have to. But since I do, I just eat whatever is easiest, cheapest and isn't gross! :)

G

Glycerine

I like it but I am a slight health nut. I try to watch my sugar, salt, fat, and alcohol intake. I mostly drink water and protein smoothies (along with eating one big meal... usually 800-1000+ calories) a day. I typically avoid dessert, alcohol/sugary drinks, junk food, fast food.

I also have a bad habit of undereating or get really finicky with eating when I am stressed.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I find that when I don't eat, I can't do the shit I enjoy, I've intuitively concluded that if I were to do this long enough I would die. So I eat to avoid death and have energy, it's a lot like my cars relationship with fuel, it doesn't really care about how it looks or smells or anything, it just wants me to fill the tank.

Capsaicin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I eat vegetarian, mostly healthy, and as much as I feel like on any given day. I consider myself lucky to have cravings for things like soy milk and mangoes instead of potato chips and fried food. The only things that really tempt me are chilled chocolate, crispy pizza pockets, and coffee.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love food. I love eating, I love snacking. I love comfort food and fancy food. I'm not a great cook, though I pretty good I not get is involved (fancy salads, ceviche) and I doo make a mean veggie medley. I'm a cheap pescetarian which mean I don't eat meat and I don't eat seafood unless its free. I try to be the healthiest vegetarian and stay away from tons of starches. Partly for a balanced diet and partly because I'm grain intolerant. I have horrible sinus blockage constantly and turns out it's because I'm intolerant of basically all grains except barley. So far though I sill eat them. I had a box of Mac and cheese for dinner last night and I can hardly breath this morning.

Anyways I love food and watching it be prepared and learning about its origins and crushing it in my mouth for digestion.

I think chewy foods are best.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I eat to stay alive. Sometimes, I forget to eat until I get all hungry and shaky. Usually, I eat something light every two to three hours. I like lots of kinds of food but I don't like to eat a lot at one time, because it makes me feel sluggish. I move around physically...a lot and I can't handle that slushy feeling. I stay away from lots of pasta, bread and starch. They make me sleepy. I eat lots of protein, fruits and veggies.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love food. Being healthy is one of my top priorities, and I really enjoy it. I like being, as I put it, excessively virtuous.

I eat a lot of food that doesn't have to be cooked, but I cook a lot of things too. It's about half and half. When I cook it's almost never elaborate, it's just simple preparation of one food. I don't ever cook a traditional meal composed of several dishes and then fill a plate; I'll eat one thing and then if I'm still hungry eat another. I will combine grains and legumes. I usually don't combine other things, like put in too many ingredients in a dish, or make salads.

I do eat grains and bread, but I try to always have it be as close to whole grain as possible. I avoid factory farmed meat, and since I don't want to spend money on free range meat most of the time, I end up being a pescetarian, and even eating fish is somewhat rare.

I don't have a problem with eating too much or too little, unless I am absorbed with something, in which case I forget about eating sometimes. I know when I feel hungry, and that is often.

I go through food phases where I'll eat a lot of a few foods for months, and then I'll substitute a new food for one of the old ones, and things will evolve.

I believe saturated fat can be healthy if eaten in moderation, so I eat real butter. As long as it's natural I think it's healthy. The one thing I struggle with is not eating too much sugar. I don't ever have a lot of it at a time, but I crave it frequently. I even gave it up entirely for like a couple of months, and after awhile I no longer craved it, but it was mostly because I didn't think about it; if I did and saw it the craving would come back. There's just no comfortable moderation with it.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I struggle with the same thing. I'm not in college, but it's hard for me to find a balance. Our personality lends itself to ups and downs and I think my eating has gotten caught up in that as well. I'm really working hard on trying to just keep everything in moderation and not focus on food. I feel your pain xoxo

oh...so I am not the only one? Great to know! :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm a total food snob as far as quality of ingredients. I love to cook and I love to eat but as I've gotten older I've had to change the way I eat. I probably eat 6 small meals a day now and about 10 servings of vegetables and fruit a day. Whole grains for the most part and high protein foods like lean meats, Greek yogurt, eggs and nuts. That doesn't mean I don't love a good fruit pie or cheeseburger, I just use moderation.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm okay with food, except when people post pictures of it on Facebook, because that just shows you're a big pussy with no life whatsoever. Unless it's manly food of course, like ribs or hamburgers, because no-lifer pussies never post manly food.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm okay with food, except when people post pictures of it on Facebook, because that just shows you're a big pussy with no life whatsoever. Unless it's manly food of course, like ribs or hamburgers, because no-lifer pussies never post manly food.
this makes no sense it doesnt take a whole day to post food. 10 seconds to snap a pic 40_60 seconds to upload 5 seconds to write tagline . unless your mentally challenged. if you are I'm sorry, there's no hope for you

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this makes no sense it doesnt take a whole day to post food. 10 seconds to snap a pic 40_60 seconds to upload 5 seconds to write tagline . unless your mentally challenged. if you are I'm sorry, there's no hope for you

Most people who post pictures of food barely post anything else, which suggests to me that they don't have anything else interesting in their life. If food is the only interesting thing in their life, I'm sorry, but you don't have a life.