• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What 200 Calories Looks Like

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I completely agree with that video, people rely on the amount of calories they eat instead of what they are actually eating.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ha I watched it to the end this time, I'm retarded. My bad. Still an awesome website, though. :nice:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's something about the video & its general idea that seems to imply that most people want to eat MORE & that eating healthy allows you to consume MORE food.

Not knocking eating healthy (I prefer it), but I don't like to eat a lot. It takes too much time to eat a lot. Most of the time, eating can feel like a chore. I only really enjoy it when it's an "occasion"; when I have the time to really savor the experience & it's not just a necessity of everyday life. Even if I enjoy the taste of food, having to think about it, prepare it & actually consume it is a chore.

Most of the time I cannot stomach a lot of food & can even get bored of eating before I've eaten enough. This leaves me grazing all day long, and I also require a variety in order to not get bored too fast. I've added up my calories on a few occasions and it seems I come in around 1800 or so, and that's if I remember to eat frequently. I try and snack on healthy fats & protein a lot so as not to have to eat so much (makes you feel full + higher calories).

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's something about the video & its general idea that seems to imply that most people want to eat MORE & that eating healthy allows you to consume MORE food.

Most people do want this (or more accurately, to eat the same amount/feel full while losing weight). Not everyone, but many/most people, yes. Hence obesity epidemic.

It's interesting to hear from a different perspective than the norm, though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Really? I think a lot of poor eating is due to the convenience factor. Fast food is popular because it's fast & relatively cheap. It is still cheaper to prepare your own food, but more time-consuming & you can't be on the go. Perhaps this is my own reason I am projecting (because when I do eat poorly it's due to time/convenience), but I doubt it's uncommon.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I eat fast food because it's convenient and I'm often away from my house.

Occasionally I've gone to the grocery store and bought a bag of mixed salad greens, only to eat the whole bag driving around town.