• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Recent Illness - SOLVED!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw a "doctor" (PA) a day after reporting to the forum about a mysterious illness that threatened to send me to the ER. After reporting my symptoms, this "doctor" diagnosed me with an upper and lower respiratory infection (i.e., head and chest cold), and then pushed me out the door with a prescription for a few ounces of codeine cough syrup.

Two weeks later, I'm still sick.

Today I went back to the same clinic, a different "doctor" (PA again) this time, who diagnosed bronchitis.

According to the internet, my symptoms from two weeks ago today indicate that it was asthmatic bronchitis. But the asthma has settled down to simple bronchitis.

This "doctor" (or PA, which is some kind of fake doctor), pushed me out the door with a Rx for antibiotics, and nothing for the hoarse cough.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Mal, it looks like your chest has a face on it and you have no neck or head. Maybe that's contributing to the illness?

Seriously, though, I do hope you feel better soon.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mal, it looks like your chest has a face on it and you have no neck or head. Maybe that's contributing to the illness?

Seriously, though, I do hope you feel better soon.

Lol, thanks, it's just very hard to find a real doctor around here.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Lol, thanks, it's just very hard to find a real doctor around here.

I know what you mean. I live in a rural community and sometimes, I wish the vet would just see me. She's the best doctor around and reasonably priced. She has a higher recovery rate than our local hospital, but alas, she only caters to four-legged critters.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I know what you mean. I live in a rural community and sometimes, I wish the vet would just see me. She's the best doctor around and reasonably priced. She has a higher recovery rate than our local hospital, but alas, she only caters to four-legged critters.
I guess squeezing into a dog crate instead of a hospital bed and swallowing some dewormer would be worth it then. :shrug: :D

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I guess squeezing into a dog crate instead of a hospital bed and swallowing some dewormer would be worth it then. :shrug: :D

LOL!

Actually, it might be! I mean I'm sort of petite and very limber, so a crate would be no big deal to me. The dewormer, I mean hey, it's got to taste better than our hospital food here!

So, how about it,
? You up for a visit to a vet way out in the middle of nowhere? I mean since you don't have a head, you could fit into a crate, too. We could pass dog biscuits between our crate bars. Since I'm not sick right now, I'd just be there for comic relief and you'd either get better or laugh yourself to death.