• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

More Protein

G

Glycerine

My personal trainer keeps telling me that I NEED to eat 100g of protein a day to gain muscle at 4' 11 and 86-90 lbs. On a good day, when I eat a lot of food, I get about 60-70g. I tend to eat a lot of Greek yogurt with whey powder and fruit/granola, sliced turkey with whole grain crackers, steak/fish/hamburgers/chicken.

Does anyone know any good high protein sources?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Without more supplements that's gonna be tough. You could add casein (slow release protein), preferably before sleep.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Avacados and broccoli are excellent for muscle growth.

netzealot

redundant descriptor
MBTI Type
ISTP
I can get you to 80g in 1.5 meals, after that it's up to you. 100g a day is actually easy if you have the right products. In fact, there are very high quality products specifically designed for just your purposes.

1x serving (2 scoops) of Optimum Nutrition Gainer in a power shake = 60g
Opt-Nutrition-Pro-Gainer.jpg

1x Clif builder bar (I suggest mint, it's delicious) = 20g
clif-builders-web.jpg

1x any natural source (meat, peanut butter, yogurt/milk) = 15g++

1 shake, 1 snack, and 1 "other" protein item... you can easily top 100g a day.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
eggs, tuna, salmon, organic grain fed chicken breast, beans, lentills, chick peas and steak. Eat all those on the regular.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually eat 2 protein bars (around 30 grams apiece) for breakfast every morning and have a nice sized portion of a lean protein for lunch and dinner... I work a very active job though, so I do it to avoid starving :laugh:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sheep's milk
crown prince sardines
chickpeas, as jix noted

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My mom has discovered liquid egg white, which she adds to fried veggies, corn soup, and omelets. My protein intake is about 80-90 grams a day without trying. :)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Protein is good for weight gain and bodybuilding. There are so many sources of protein like egg,fish,meat,chicken,vegetables and milk.

MarkHerry,

Just want to take this moment to give you an official "forum welcome" :eek:)

Is it the weekend yet? lol

G

Glycerine

Thanks for all the tips, I have been able to incorporate more protein into my diet consistently.

Laurence125

100 grams to 150 grams protein in a day is enough to get fat burning and muscles building support.
Use natural and organic proteins foods rather than protein supplements and powder to get more high protein.
Eggs, fish, chicken, meat, cheese, nuts, beans, and green leafy vegetables are the rich sources of high protein.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm little too and was told that I need more protein in my diet too in order to gain weight/muscle.

Does anyone know any good high protein sources?

If you can tolerate Milk, vitamin D milk, as much as you can drink in a day. If you can get down 4 raw eggs in D milk in a blender with peanut butter, NOTHING will put on weight faster.

Granted, this will be MUCH harder to do if you're not lifting weights, or doing some kind of strength resistance.

I'm an ectomorph, skinny guy, and I spent my ENTIRE life stuck at 160-165lbs at 6' until I started doing this at age 29. And I tried EVERYTHING, from squats, to whey, to MASSIVE calorie replacement meals ADDED to regular meals, and beyond. I'm now 180lbs. But I do lift weights.

Recent science has shown that Cholesterol (like in eggs and red meat) is a precursor to testosterone, KEY hormone in building mass.

Noon

I carb cycle when I want to lower my bf and as an herbie the low days are a pita. Often everything either tastes bad or will come with milk or an almost equal amount of carbs, and taste bad. I thought I got a pinch lucky finding Botan once - I haven't been swayed to buy pea protein powder on its own yet. Until I tasted it.

About 108 (for <100 in carbs) is the best number I end up getting. Protein bars, boca, and faux dogs. Thumb-twiddle days.