• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I the only one?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Who notices awkward smelling chicken? My whole family would be enjoying a meal and I would smell it and would gag at the scent sometimes. For the most part the chicken I eat smells good but there would be batch or a certain kind or type where the chicken smells bad or awkward kinda like the barn it was raised in. I'm guessing it's grain fed or maybe it has been out sitting for too long before it was cooked? I feel bad throwing away food especially meat since the poor animal had to die for the sake of my consumption. I need an answer as to why chicken has a tendency to smell bad or awkward, if anyone knows.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Does the smell vary depending on the brand? Because if that's the case you could stick to a brand with nice-smelling chicken.

Or you could plug your nose as you eat it. It's weird, yeah, but at least you'll be able to finish the chicken instead of throwing it away. I don't like to throw meat away either because something died for me to have a good meal. Plus, I think there are some foods out there you're supposed to eat with your nose plugged so it can't be that silly. :alttongue:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like the way chicken smells either, even when very fresh or already cooked. Smells like feet to me. It has to masked with spices & rubs to not be gross. But I don't like chicken that much.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Does the smell vary depending on the brand? Because if that's the case you could stick to a brand with nice-smelling chicken.

Or you could plug your nose as you eat it. It's weird, yeah, but at least you'll be able to finish the chicken instead of throwing it away. I don't like to throw meat away either because something died for me to have a good meal. Plus, I think there are some foods out there you're supposed to eat with your nose plugged so it can't be that silly. :alttongue:

Anything that you have to eat with your nose plugged sounds like something that shouldn't be eaten at all....:sick::ack!:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
OMG yes! The smell of raw chicken straight-up makes me gag, and if the chicken is not spiced right I can still smell...that smell, even when it's cooked. It makes me nauseous.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
OMG yes! The smell of raw chicken straight-up makes me gag, and if the chicken is not spiced right I can still smell...that smell, even when it's cooked. It makes me nauseous.

You know what I'm talking about that "barn" smell, it literally has a "barn" scent to it I can't describe I'm trying to figure out where that smell comes from, not all chickens have it though only some do and it makes me gag.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I used to jog by a supermarket with a hot food bar, and there was a point at which you just got bombarded by the smell of fried chicken. It was sickening, and I always felt like I was going to throw up.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anything that you have to eat with your nose plugged sounds like something that shouldn't be eaten at all....:sick::ack!:

But chicken is good for you! So it is something that should be eaten. :newwink:

Or you could just heat something else up yourself if your stink-senses are tingling. And if they're not, have all the chicken you want!