• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm fat and need to lose 30lbs

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe we could work together on this? :p My goal is to lose about 20 at this point, already down 5.

Learned to make my coffee a whole lot more plain than I used to. Still need to cut down my soda and fast food a lot. And I need to find my key for the gym....

You can try out Zumba if you find fun in ridulousness.... I found it fun as well as funny. Stationary bikes can be great too because sometimes you can set your laptop (or phone, music, tv whatever) on them ;)

EddieJohnson

If you really want to lose weight then you need to make some changes in your lifestyle.
• Cut back on sugars
• Eat more Protein
• Lift Weights 3 Times Per Week

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In my book making a artificial deal about losing weight is a bad way to do it. The best is to genuinely increase physical activity and cut the most high calorie foods (and sugared drinks). Fix something in a physical way with tools, go somewhere where you can walk for long and that it is interesting (outdoors, zoo, mall, museum ... etc), order your own place regularly, .... and be like that every day.

I have spent in life zero hours in a gym while I bought zero books and recreational stuff, but I was never fat. The best is old school way where you don't really think about if you are really losing wight at the moment. It is the best to just mix it with other activities: it can save time, nerves, money and it feels less stupid in general.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think this is an old thread, but I got my genetic results back and apparently I have no genetic inclination towards being thin, but high anxiety is the reason I lose weight because my stomach feels sick.

Just on a practical level, I think it helps to cut out unnecessary calories without getting too picky. One of the simplest things is to not have calorie drinks. I use slightly flavored zero calorie waters and coffee which is also very low calorie when just black or with milk. It also helps to use oil/vinegar dressing instead of ranch and other milk and cheese based items. Avoiding alcohol when eating fat is important because the body metabolizes the alcohol first, so the fat doesn't get processed. Trying to only eat nutrient rich foods like proteins and vegetables and fruits and minimizing the carbs is also important.

I think it's a mistake to obsess over food in the negative because it can make you crave it more. I can't be like that or suddenly I want to eat too much. Cutting out calorie drinks and minimizing carbs is a simple way to start.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this is an old thread, but I got my genetic results back and apparently I have no genetic inclination towards being thin, but high anxiety is the reason I lose weight because my stomach feels sick.

I can see it now: I'll be awakened in the middle of the night to the testimony part of a weight loss infomercial, as a paid actor flaunts their before and after progress and raves about how I, too, could get my beach body ready for the summer by seeking out a high-stress career path and a toxic relationship.

Move over, South Beach Diet -- The new "it" weight loss fad is here, yet in reality it really never left...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't even remember making this thread, and i no longer care. so talk amongst yourselves