• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anyone recommend an active health forum?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
hey all.

Haha, this may be a bit blasphemous to ask about a different health forum, but since this is only a sub-forum on what is really a psychological forum, I thought it was apt.

For lent (began in January) I gave up all processed sweeteners and all foods containing processed sweeteners. I tried and failed to give up sugar last year. Turns out you can't give up sugar and not splenda without wanting to kill someone and lick the sugary residue from their intestinal track...Or at least I can't.

I've now been "sweetener free" for a little over 5 months. I've made several other changes as well.

In the mean time I've also been on a journey of sorts; actively making an attempt to change my ideas about beauty, self-value, health, food, and the influence of media and the opinions of others on self-perception and distorted self-perception.

And...I've lost 25 pounds. Mostly because I no longer give a shit about what other people say or think about my body and my mind, and instead I made the effort to love myself and my body as it was/is.

I'd like to chat about these various changes, and pursuing others.

Does anyone know an active health forum, either general or for women, where I could do this?

R

RDF

hey all.

Haha, this may be a bit blasphemous to ask about a different health forum, but since this is only a sub-forum on what is really a psychological forum, I thought it was apt.

For lent (began in January) I gave up all processed sweeteners and all foods containing processed sweeteners. I tried and failed to give up sugar last year. Turns out you can't give up sugar and not splenda without wanting to kill someone and lick the sugary residue from their intestinal track...Or at least I can't.

I've now been "sweetener free" for a little over 5 months. I've made several other changes as well.

In the mean time I've also been on a journey of sorts; actively making an attempt to change my ideas about beauty, self-value, health, food, and the influence of media and the opinions of others on self-perception and distorted self-perception.

And...I've lost 25 pounds. Mostly because I no longer give a shit about what other people say or think about my body and my mind, and instead I made the effort to love myself and my body as it was/is.

I'd like to chat about these various changes, and pursuing others.

Does anyone know an active health forum, either general or for women, where I could do this?

I don’t use those kinds of sites myself, but I’m sure there are lots of them available.

To hunt something like that down, I would go to a newstand or supermarket, write down all the names of popular magazines on health, diet, and fitness, and then go to their websites on the Net. Magazines often have message boards and forums available at their websites. If nothing else, those forums are a cheap way for the magazines to see what kinds of subjects are popular among their readership and to come up with ideas for more articles.

G

Glycerine

MyFitnessPal seems pretty good. They have a food log and a forum community. People range from wanting to lose a lot of pounds to wanting to live more healthily.