• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone here suffer from seasonal effective disorder?

Little_Sticks

From what I understand about people who live in Alaska during long nights, you need blue light to help you wake up at the right time. It does something to the body clock that helps it adjust that emulates sunrise. Otherwise, you probably feel jet-lagged from not being able to regulate your body's circadian rhythm. Vitamin D might help too if you think you don't get enough. But supposedly a little sunlight, around 30 minutes of sunlight while clothed, produces enough vitamin D for the body. :shrug: But some people who have had really bad acne and gotten plenty of sun have cured themselves by taking vitamin D, which boosts their immune system, including in the skin. So I don't know, everyone is different.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Be a grouchy little bitch about the weather all the time

I always have some shit to pick with the weather. Last week, I almost froze to death and suffered from heat exhaustion because I experience the effects of weather firsthand.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Be a grouchy little bitch about the weather all the time

I always have some shit to pick with the weather. Last week, I almost froze to death and suffered from heat exhaustion because I experience the effects of weather firsthand.

??

jixmixfix

Permabanned
No, but the ol' bipolar gets worse during seasonal changes. I was once thought to have SAD, but patterns developed over years disproved that one.

bipolar sucks.....I never fully understood it but I sympathize for people who have it.

E

Epiphany

I believe I do. I am quite lethargic during the winter and come alive in the springtime. I need to move out of the midwest. Six months of hibernation is too long.