• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So how much weight do you think I need to lose?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First of all, let me just tell you, I don't know my weight, and I don't really want to find out because it'll discourage me from developing better habits, but based on the recent photos in the member picture thread, how much more weight do you think I need to lose to be attractive?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Weight is less important than BMI, (Body Mass Index). BMI is a measurement of body fat as a percentage.

If you're looking to be more visually attractive it will likely require intense exercising. And exercising can change body composition.

To avoid frustration with scales and lbs. (which can vary with salt intake etc.) I'd suggest a good scale with BMI measurement. That way you know how much fat there is/can decide how much more to take off as you watch your progress.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
First of all, let me just tell you, I don't know my weight, and I don't really want to find out because it'll discourage me from developing better habits, but based on the recent photos in the member picture thread, how much more weight do you think I need to lose to be attractive?

You don't need to lose any weight at all. You look great in those pictures. That's my honest opinion.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weight is less important than BMI, (Body Mass Index). BMI is a measurement of body fat as a percentage.

If you're looking to be more visually attractive it will likely require intense exercising. And exercising can change body composition.

To avoid frustration with scales and lbs. (which can vary with salt intake etc.) I'd suggest a good scale with BMI measurement. That way you know how much fat there is/can decide how much more to take off as you watch your progress.

What kind of exercise is considered intense? I mean, I am able to run (I'm not that fat), although I hear the sprinting is actually better for the same reason doing ten push-ups every half hour is better than doing 30 every five minutes (I think I read it was something about it tricking the body into making it stronger, but I'm not exactly sure).

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What kind of exercise is considered intense? I mean, I am able to run (I'm not that fat), although I hear the sprinting is actually better for the same reason doing ten push-ups every half hour is better than doing 30 every five minutes (I think I read it was something about it tricking the body into making it stronger, but I'm not exactly sure).

Really one way is to use varied exercise. Crossfit is awesome. I did not see your pictures. These are a couple ideas that work tho.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
dear god uber... sometimes you make me feel like you got all of the lady genes that I should have instead! :laugh:

you're fine! if you feel the need for an ego boost hit the gym a bit more often... more muscle definition always seems to make men feel more manly AND exercise can be a nice outlet :)

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP

I don't think you need to lose weight.

I can't see your gut there...a gut is not attractive from a woman's perspective...so maybe lose gut if you have one...but upper bodywise, if anything, put ON weight, pump some more iron, eat some egg-shakes + protein powder, steaks for dinner...low carb intake...to build muscle and lose body fat at the same time.

In any case, I would say otherwise, if you just have no gut (which I can't tell from the photo), then your face does not need to lose weight.

If I had a sister I wouldn't object to you dating her.

/Not Gay.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You look ok to me. As for slimming, that depends on the amount of body fat you have.

If you want to lose fat and burn calories. Do intervals. Don't feel like quoting your other post, but yes, intervals "trick" your body. BUT, if you want to tone your muscles along with losing fat, do interval training with weight training.

In interval training, your heart pumps faster because it is not used to the faster speed but your heart also works a little bit more to get back to your normal heartbeat. So even hours after you stop your interval training, your body still expends quite a bit of calories. Because of this, lots of runners have lower (some of them VERY low) blood pressure. Interval training can involve anything you find "fun" to do, running, cycling, etc, as long as you can go your normal speed one moment and speed up considerably the next. It can be intense as long as you are willing to expend a "good" amount of energy when running the upper interval speed (say 60-90% speed for 30 seconds.) You can spend 30 every-other-day doing interval training and start seeing results in weeks :)

There are all these other extra benefits that interval training has on your body too, like lowing blood pressure and increasing your running speed.

Interesting enough, I was researching intervals for my own benefit and found that intervals lowered blood pressure faster while continuous runners increased HDL the best.

NYtimes Article.
National Center for Biotechnology Information

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Virtually none, given that picture. You look good. The posture/pose makes it hard to tell though, but absolutely no sign of needing it.

The only exception would be if you have good muscle definition under the normal level of fat. If so, then you might as well cut the fat to highlight the awesomeness under it... but realistically, unless you are constantly working out, you are already in the top percentages of weight-looks scales. There would be only marginal gains in attractiveness in direct weight loss here.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An hour at your therapist will make you 1000x more attractive than an hour at the gym. Seriously.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An hour at your therapist will make you 1000x more attractive than an hour at the gym. Seriously.

I don't think I'm really out of shape enough to need a physical therapist. I can still move. Maybe a personal trainer, but not a physical therapist.

gromit

likes this
a gut is not attractive from a woman's perspective...

Speak for yourself! A little bit of a gut for squeezing can actually be quite nice.

I don't think I'm really out of shape enough to need a physical therapist. I can still move. Maybe a personal trainer, but not a physical therapist.

I believe [MENTION=206]Randomnity[/MENTION] is talking about a therapist as in psychologist or counselor, that it might be a self-esteem or self-image issue rather than anything to do with your body.

Anyway strength and aerobic training are good for health for anybody, so if that's something you're interested in, go for it. But I wouldn't say you need to lose weight. Since there has been confusion in the past, I am not a dude.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Speak for yourself! A little bit of a gut for squeezing can actually be quite nice.

If every woman was like you, my life would be a lot easier, as it's easier for me to have a gut than to not have one, and I have to work to keep it off. I think I :wubbie: you.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the only thing you need is to clean that mirror