• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suction lipectomy...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Or simply known as liposuction.

Has anyone ever had this procedure done? Or does anyone know anyone who has had this procedure done?

I always hear that it's one of the riskier surgeries (I don't know if that necessarily means it's a deadly procedure or just that it has the same risks as any form of cosmetic surgery), despite it being done mostly at the surface area of the body.

Anyway, if anyone had or knows anyone who had it done, was it a good decision in hindsight or not?

Why is it considered any riskier than any other surgery?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever watched liposuction on TV? It's not a passive, delicate procedure -- they basically take this long tube and RAM it under the skin over and over again. I was kind of surprised as how physically brutal it looked. The type of energy going into the thrusting was like stabbing a pig to death.

The larger the area to suck, the more dangerous the procedure can be. There is risk of infection and allergic reaction. Organs could be perforated if the doctor is not careful. There is also a risk of blood clots.

All that being said, I'd considered transplanting my fat cells in my mid-section (I was heavy at one point and had accumulated a bunch there, even when they are depleted they fill back up again first when I gain weight) -- having them removed from there and moved to my hips/butt to create more shape. (Nowadays they're aware of how to connect blood supply so the cells simply aren't absorbed again.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I've watched liposuctions before, I didn't think it would be that dangerous since body fat rests at the surface.

What would cause the allergic reaction? The anesthesia? Do they use a different type of anesthesia for this kind of operation?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I've watched liposuctions before, I didn't think it would be that dangerous since body fat rests at the surface.

What would cause the allergic reaction? The anesthesia? Do they use a different type of anesthesia for this kind of operation?

Yeah. Anesthesia. I wouldn't consider that a major risk, although any time you sedate someone enough to put them under, there is some level of risk that the doctor is obligated to warn you about and that you have to sign off on.

See:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/75029-side-effects-lipo/