• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

STOP P***ing and S***ing and TEXTING!!!! WTF????

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm too aware of how much that stuff costs to be risky with it like that. I do think it is kinda gross. It also makes life feel really stressed to be multitasking all the time.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
obey

phoca_thumb_l_01_must_600.jpg

G

garbage

Cell phones are a precurser to an ultimate government conspiracy to microchip the masses and thereby troll our every movement and thought!
Yeah, this. And because of this, the bathrooms are among the only places where we're truly safe to use them. Urinals and stalls serve as echo chambers that nullify the magnetowaves. The government's figured this out, but they're not sure what to do about it just yet--they can't exactly retrofit every bathroom in the country or ban restrooms altogether--so we're safe there for now.

If anything, those who use their phones in the bathrooms are those whose hands I'd like to shake most, as they're the ones who are smart enough to avoid the conspiracy.

Also,
I sometimes wonder what the person on the other side of the phone is thinking when they hear gasps of relief, farts, plops of excrement in the water bowl, toilets flushing, etc.
this.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My cellphone lives in my pocket, my purse, or on the headboard of my bed.

I like to ignore it lots :D

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, this. And because of this, the bathrooms are among the only places where we're truly safe to use them. Urinals and stalls serve as echo chambers that nullify the magnetowaves. The government's figured this out, but they're not sure what to do about it just yet--they can't exactly retrofit every bathroom in the country or ban restrooms altogether--so we're safe there for now.

If anything, those who use their phones in the bathrooms are those whose hands I'd like to shake most, as they're the ones who are smart enough to avoid the conspiracy.

Also,

this.

You are hilarious!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
This happens where I work all of the time!
I hear people answer the phone while sitting in a stall. WTF? Then they come out and don't wash either their hands or the phone, which would probably benefit from boiling at that point.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ

LOL that's funny but in my experience, people with vices have a strange ability of manual multitasking. Especially guys it seems. Around here it's pretty stereotypical for the smoker/drinker type.

I see it pretty regularly, juggling a beer and a cigarette in one hand and doing something else complicated at the same time.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Ok, this is a serious public health crisis about to occur.
It is immediately distasteful and filthy, and just plain ignorant.

This has to do with people using their cell phones/ Droids/ iPhones - whatever - in public bathrooms.

(1) Why in the hell would anyone text while pissing at a urinal? There are 3 people in my department who I will not shake hands with EVER again.

(2) Ladies, you might be off the hook for #1 above, but you know you've heard a case or two or more of some gal' taking a whizz or dropping some kids off at the pool while gabbing with someone on thier f&*king cell phone. Dudes, don't tell me you haven't heard the same thing.

WTF is so important that you allow it to compromise your (a) personal hygeine, and (b) dignity as a civilized being capable of conscious thought?

Thoughts?

Bueller?

Am I going fucking bonkers-wacko-insane here, or is the above just plain f**king gross?

Please advise.

:horor:

-Halla74

How is this gross? I just don't see it :shrug: I mean if you're texting and pissing on a urinal this could be a problem because you might piss on yourself or the person next to you, but a toilet is pretty confined space. Texting while driving is totally stupid every time I try it I know I'm in for accident so I just stop and wait.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey Bro! :hifive:

How is this gross? I just don't see it :shrug:

Technology, manners, and hygeine are not often all considered in decision making at once.
Maybe they should be.
It's just weird to me.
For years I've been shocked when people use a public restroom (for whatever reason) and don't wash their hands as they leave.
This just compounds an already existing problem, IMHO.

I mean if you're texting and pissing on a urinal this could be a problem because you might piss on yourself or the person next to you, but a toilet is pretty confined space.

OK, let's simplify my case.
The last place I want to be is in a public restroom, taking a dump, and reading a sweet text message from my beautiful wife.
There's a better place for the message to be read, like at my desk, or as I take a 15 minute walk around my company's campus.
Again, this is my preference.

Texting while driving is totally stupid every time I try it I know I'm in for accident so I just stop and wait.

Texting while driving = FAIL, totally agreed.
I wish more people felt similarly.

:solidarity:

-Halla74

G

garbage

Devil's advocate--is this much different than, you know, the standard "shit while reading a magazine or newspaper"?

I ask because I don't know anything about magazines and newspapers, but I've learned from a sitcom or two that people do that sort of thing.

W

WhoCares

I just don't get why people are permanently attached to their cell phones period. Every time I turn around someone is fondling a cell phone like they've found the holy grail. Does no-one actually take in their surroundings anymore and be fully present in the moment? Is a msg on twitter so important that you should exclude everything else. I must be a special case because I see no point in being on a social networking site....aka gossip site, and no point in using my phone unless someone's calling me or I'm doing my banking. I can't even remember the last time I sent a txt let alone wandered through the streets totally consumed with the contents of my phone. :shock:

wolfy

awsm
Texting while driving is pretty crazy, and illegal here in Japan. I have never seen anyone talking or texting in the toilet, out drinking maybe. Can't remember.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Hey Bro! :hifive:

Technology, manners, and hygeine are not often all considered in decision making at once.
Maybe they should be.
It's just weird to me.
For years I've been shocked when people use a public restroom (for whatever reason) and don't wash their hands as they leave.
This just compounds an already existing problem, IMHO.

OK, let's simplify my case.
The last place I want to be is in a public restroom, taking a dump, and reading a sweet text message from my beautiful wife.
There's a better place for the message to be read, like at my desk, or as I take a 15 minute walk around my company's campus.
Again, this is my preference.

Texting while driving = FAIL, totally agreed.
I wish more people felt similarly.

:solidarity:

-Halla74

My case that halla is ESTJ don't text and sit on the shitter. :)