• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

why does cabbage give you gas?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hmm.. I haven't really noticed that actually. I eat raw cabbage all the time.. I suppose it is a similar situation as with beans: the high fiber content could disrupt your stomach if you are unaccustomed to taking in that much fiber at once. But I haven't consulted the oracle or anything either.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i guess i was eating cooked cabbage and maybe that makes a difference?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Purps: i believe it is what K already addressed, as well as overcooking (which turns a cabbage sour as well), that causes that...stuff.

Yeah, cabbage and cauliflower both make me gassy but I don't care, I love them and I won't stop. :(

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's hard to digest so bacteria produce more gas.

This is fiber plus cabbage/broccoli/other cruciferous vegetables have certain chemicals in them that have this effect. Forget what they're called, wikipedia will probably tell you though.