• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Three simple "six pack" exercises you can do at home?

Lark

Awesome! Diet doesn't have to be perfect. IF you start stalling with weight loss, then you might want to look into it. But certainly no need to fix whats working.

Well since I developed the type two diabetes I've drank nothing but water, cut down on coffee, ate nothing besides meals and reduced or tailored meals to slow release sugar food stuffs, I'm eating what is a close approximation of the GL diet, I eat blue berries or grapes sometimes but I cant really eat differently because I experience symptoms. Its something which does bother me occasionally but it has resulted in weight loss all by itself. I still attribute my weight loss to exercise and the gym rather than diet because I've been dieting one way or another for years and never lost any weight like I have since I began my latest training programme.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] There is a saying in the fitness world that 'Abs are made in the kitchen"
It is so true. Only way to have a defined six pack is to basically live off lean protein and veg to get your body fat % low enough that your abs become visible.
So if you said you are still a few stone off BMI, your best bet is to keep working on stripping the fat down first. High intensity interval training or sprint type training will shock your body into burning off fat. But these things take time and work.
Any core exercises you do now will strengthen your core but there will not be visible results until your body fat % is significantly lower.

Lark

[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] There is a saying in the fitness world that 'Abs are made in the kitchen"
It is so true. Only way to have a defined six pack is to basically live off lean protein and veg to get your body fat % low enough that your abs become visible.
So if you said you are still a few stone off BMI, your best bet is to keep working on stripping the fat down first. High intensity interval training or sprint type training will shock your body into burning off fat. But these things take time and work.
Any core exercises you do now will strengthen your core but there will not be visible results until your body fat % is significantly lower.

I am no slacker! :laugh:

The time thing is a factor, I want to kill the fat as soon as I possible can because I do not want to suffer with diabetes a day longer than I have to.

I actually dream of a physique like Bruce Lee, guy was supposed to have no body fat, he was all muscle. Mind you its possible part of what killed him but I dont know for sure.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well since I developed the type two diabetes I've drank nothing but water, cut down on coffee, ate nothing besides meals and reduced or tailored meals to slow release sugar food stuffs, I'm eating what is a close approximation of the GL diet, I eat blue berries or grapes sometimes but I cant really eat differently because I experience symptoms. Its something which does bother me occasionally but it has resulted in weight loss all by itself. I still attribute my weight loss to exercise and the gym rather than diet because I've been dieting one way or another for years and never lost any weight like I have since I began my latest training programme.

Wow, very impressive diet. I've had a bit of a crisis moment myself recently (although not anything as serious as Type 2 diabetes), and have been eating much better as well. It's definitely not easy at times, so kudos.

However, your weight loss is almost certainly a combination of your exercise regimen and a low glycemic load diet. With your low GL diet, you aren't consuming the type of foods that normally lead to a blood sugar spike, which prevents the need for high levels of insulin, and in turn helps to negate the fact that your body doesn't quite handle insulin properly. If you were eating high glycemic index foods, your blood sugar would spike, and when your body couldn't put all that excess sugar into the muscles and organs, it would convert it to fat.

In other words, an unhealthy diet, particularly one filled with high GI foods that spike your blood sugar, converts a higher percentage of the calories you eat into fat. Which makes it harder to lose fat.

While I personally believe diet is more important than exercise overall (if you had to choose one), there's room to argue that particular point once you get beyond ridiculously unhealthy diets. However, there's no doubt that diet and exercise go hand in hand, and your best results come from both.

wolfy

awsm
While fat percentage is vital, people often forget that the abs need to hypertrophy to have a six pack effect. You notice with people that have overloaded their abs a lot, like powerlifters, that they have a visible six pack at higher bf percentages than your average gym goer.

Lark

While I personally believe diet is more important than exercise overall (if you had to choose one), there's room to argue that particular point once you get beyond ridiculously unhealthy diets. However, there's no doubt that diet and exercise go hand in hand, and your best results come from both.

I agree most definitely for someone like myself, I've been told that whether I reach BMI or succeed with total fat elimination goal that I'll not be able to handle cake or ice cream or whatever anyway but I've known friends who were really physically fit, "armoured up", who eat absolutely atrocious diets because they know that they are training so hard that they cant possibly put on weight from it all, I mean both the volume that they eat and what sorts of things they eat.

peter_93

Permabanned
There are many simple exercise that could be done at home such as jumping, push up and sit & stand these are very basic types of the workout which are still much effected and could be done at home easily.

Last edited: