• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Temporomandiblur Disorders

W

WALMART

Fucking worst.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporomandibular_Joint_Disorder

Basically, either the joint or the muscles controlling the joint has something wrong, and it causes pain, popping, or other symptoms of the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ).

Anyone suffer, or have advice?

I used to fuck with it, like picking at a scab, but I've learned if I agitate it persists, as soon as I 'forget' it goes away quickly. Still suffer flare ups. My favorite hobby (eating) is ruined when it comes around =(

Also, I misspelt the title. Temporomandibular. Oops.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION], are you referring to what I refer as jaw locking/popping?

I have that occur on my left side when I open my mouth too wide (no, for you silly people, get your mind out of the gutter.) Things like yawning, would kinda... sorta... lock the left side and when I close my mouth it makes that popping noise.

It doesn't hurt or anything, per se, but it does get annoying.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sometimes when I open my mouth, one of the muscles on the bottom of my chin pinches or something. It causes intense pain for several seconds. It doesn't happen very often, and I have no idea what causes it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
[MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION], are you referring to what I refer as jaw locking/popping?

I have that occur on my left side when I open my mouth too wide (no, for you silly people, get your mind out of the gutter.) Things like yawning, would kinda... sorta... lock the left side and when I close my mouth it makes that popping noise.

It doesn't hurt or anything, per se, but it does get annoying.

same here.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I did have a somewhat minor case of this where the joint would ache and lock up, but it doesn't seem to happen any more after having a tooth pulled. I guess my jaw had some space to realign itself afterwards. It was impacted and only partially erupted and was really kind of a bad thing to begin with so I was glad to finally get rid of it.

W

WALMART

My jaw hurts so fucking bad, still.

Imagine back pain, only on the side of your face. Sigh.

I bet I could get medical marijuana if I lived in a cool state.