• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ultimate shaving thread

Lark

For all things shaving.

What would your ideal shaving set or case contain and were you able to purchase it or did you build it up over time?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:popc1:

Watching a man shave his face (especially in nothing but a towel) has to be one of the sexiest things in the world to witness.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still working on my shaving kit.. I've got an antique double edged safety razor. I want to upgrade my brush eventually to badger.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a simple wahl trimmer that I got on clearance for $7.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bought a shaving kit for about $70. It has 6 alternate clippers.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Still working on my shaving kit.. I've got an antique double edged safety razor. I want to upgrade my brush eventually to badger.
Awhile back I got an Omega badger hair brush and shaving soap (both made in Italy) my birthday. I also use Proraso aftershave. When I finish my current shaving soap I think I'll try the Proraso shaving cream that comes in a toothpaste-style tube.

I shave with a Merkur 180: http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Model-180-Handled-Safety/dp/B000NL0T1G

Hyena

MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha oh man - right now I use some cheap as hell electric razor. My facial hair grows so fast that I need to shave twice a day to stay clean. Hence...I always have perpetual stubble. I never really let it get to beard status (only during Novembers, obviously) but there's always something sandpaper-ish there. Girls usually don't like it, but do they expect me to shave every 12 hours?!

R

Riva

:popc1:Watching a man shave his face (especially in nothing but a towel) has to be one of the sexiest things in the world to witness.
Well hello thank you for the tip. Fb profile pic here I come. I usually use a trimmer. It's easy on the face and it leaves a bit on facial hair that makes the face look.... good?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
hairy-indian.jpg

+

ghk-gillette-venus-tropical-scented-disposables-razor-mdn.jpg

=

1317867482278.jpg

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
my ideal set = gillette mach 3 turbo and nivea shaving foam. i can buy them from my local grocery store and no, i didnt build them myself, some factory somewhere built them.

T

The Iron Giant

For all things shaving.

What would your ideal shaving set or case contain and were you able to purchase it or did you build it up over time?

I'm not particularly... particular. I have a Mach 3 with spare blades, shaving gel, an electric beard trimmer, tweezers, and a fine trimmer (for nose, etc), brush, um... Oh crap, I am particular... :huh: I guess it built up over time.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Safety razor, dry, never against the grain, with liberal application of 50% isopropyl alcohol and pat dry afterwards. Before anyone says anything, I use alcohol because I have oily skin and I'm prone to acne breakouts so it needs to be dry.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Still working on it.

Currently what I have and will never give up:
- Bay rum shaving bar. Solid shaving soap bar beats those stupid expensive gels any day of the week. No brush, I just spread it on with my hands.
soapdish.jpg

- Personal trimmer. They're cheap and burn out easily, so I have to keep replacing them, but they're so useful for odd situations.
300.JPG

- Baby oil. It's sooo much more soothing for everything than lotions for after shaving.

What I'm trying to find good substitutes for:
- Venus embrace. I use this razor currently and have not found one better for shaving my legs, but the shave irritates my skin after a day or two. Every. Time.
- Electric razor. I'm currently testing the Norelco 2D wet/dry one right now.. if it works well enough it may be an answer to my inability to shave with a Venus everyday and i can just switch constantly between the two. i'm still scared to DEATH of using it on my underarms after a horrible electric-razor-catastrophe last year, though..

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
:popc1:

Watching a man shave his face (especially in nothing but a towel) has to be one of the sexiest things in the world to witness.

:yes: Even if it's crazy early in the morning and I'm still in bed, my husband will open the bathroom door because he knows I will wake up to watch. So sexy.

Anyway, he has a heavy beard and acne scarring on his chin and around his mouth. He likes that Schick Quatro Titanium razor. He uses Nivea shaving products, he says they prevent bumps and cuts better than other brands.