• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I can't stop smoking

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm not concerned about getting off the gum. As long as I'm not smoking, I don't care if I chew the gum till I die. :smile:
Just as an experiment you should try replacing your nicotine gum with regular, sugar-free chewing gum. Maybe it's more of an oral fixation thing.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
When I quit smoking, it was easy because I never felt any addiction even while I was a smoker. I simply stopped. Now I only smoke them when I am in a situation in which a cigarette would be irresistible. Which is when drinking.

So I guess what I recommend is paying attention to when you really, really can't resist a cigarette, and then figure out creative ways to keep yourself from smoking for each of those situations. But really it will just come down to willpower. You have to remind yourself that you have control over your actions, and you can direct your mind, not be a slave to it.

Your mind becomes such a slave to them it really feels like something is missing when you don't have them.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just as an experiment you should try replacing your nicotine gum with regular, sugar-free chewing gum. Maybe it's more of an oral fixation thing.

No. It isn't. Chewing gum is cheaper and easier to buy in flavors that I like. It's not the gum, it's the nicotine.