• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Finding hair in your food.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never had it happen in food I haven't cooked. I guess I'd be a little grossed out - in a restaurant I might send it back or ask for a refund since it implies low health standards in general, and that worries me more than the hair itself. At a friend's I'd probably be very mildly grossed out but say nothing out of politeness.

Happens fairly often with my own hair or cat hair and I'm completely indifferent. I'll pick it out if I'm paying attention but really not a big deal. :shrug:

KDude

Hair isn't really something that grosses me out. Stray hairs are probably everywhere. I'd seperate a section of food maybe. Not throw something out. If it was a fingernail, I wouldn't eat it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Not an issue. I just move it off to the side. It seems natural that hair is going to end up in food. I mean all precautions should be taken so that hair doesn't end up in food, but when it happens, I don't see the big issue. It isn't like finding a massive log of fecal matter. I lived pretty rough for a while in developing countries. During that period I'd take meals from whomever would give them to me . . . if there was hair, bits of roach, etc. I wasn't going to complain. I think the whole experience has made me really tolerant of non-traditional food items found in my food. It just seems, truth be told, wasteful to throw out food because you find one single hair. If I was at a restaurant I'd finish the food and show the hair to the manager afterward as a prompt to get on their staff about wearing their hairnets.

It's funny because at the same time I told my waiter to exchange my plate I felt bad because I knew a whole tray of food went to waste. For me it's not even the hair that's the issue its the restaurants responsibility to keep their foods sanitary.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Hair isn't really something that grosses me out. Stray hairs are probably everywhere. I'd seperate a section of food maybe. Not throw something out. If it was a fingernail, I wouldn't eat it.

I've had other peoples hair go in my mouth in jiu-jitsu while rolling which is much more disgusting. I've also got other peoples blood in my mouth and lips. Yet when I go to a restaurant I don't wanna see hair in my food funny how that works.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I've generally been paranoid that if there's hair in my food the other precautions for food safety may be lax as well... or there's also the fear that there may be more hair in my food and I will choke on it and die or something :shock:

if it's at home I don't care because I know what the kitchen is like and the level of sanitation :laugh:

W

WALMART

the only time ive gotten grossed out was when i ate at this place called the sandwich garden.

first hair grossed me out, but their food is so good i picked it out to keep eating. then i found another one. i opened the sandwich and found a third one.

i returned it and got my money back. ive been eating there a good while but i dont think ill be going back.

If it's been cooked at home, I don't really care, I just pick it out and push it off the plate and that's that. While in a restaurant, it depends on my mood, sometimes I ask the wait staff to replace my order and sometimes I just roll with it. I find it mildly unpleasant, not totally disgusting.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
its just a hair :D

i just take it off and continue eating. but if it looks like some hippie shaved his head on my food, then it might be bit gross

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
since it implies low health standards in general, and that worries me more than the hair itself.

hair isnt an health risk, so it doesent really imply anything about health standards. humans lose hairs all the time and i think most chefs are humans, so its totally natural thing to drop a hair on the food you are cooking. its a different thing if you find something like a finger, tooth, piece of glass or something in that nature in your food, those are health risks and then there would be some reason to be worried about their health standards.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hair isnt an health risk, so it doesent really imply anything about health standards. humans lose hairs all the time and i think most chefs are humans, so its totally natural thing to drop a hair on the food you are cooking. its a different thing if you find something like a finger, tooth, piece of glass or something in that nature in your food, those are health risks and then there would be some reason to be worried about their health standards.

Restaurant workers should be wearing hair nets or something similar - if they aren't following that rule, then I would wonder what other health regulations they are ignoring.

Again, it isn't that the hair is harmful (it isn't), it's that carelessness in one area often correlates with carelessness in other, more important areas.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Restaurant workers should be wearing hair nets or something similar - if they aren't following that rule, then I would wonder what other health regulations they are ignoring.

Again, it isn't that the hair is harmful (it isn't), it's that carelessness in one area often correlates with carelessness in other, more important areas.

sometimes an hair can escape the net or that hair might had come from an arm.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
sometimes an hair can escape the net or that hair might had come from an arm.

02355337.interactive.a.jpg