• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Finding hair in your food.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
How do you react when finding hair in your food? do you pick it out and continue eating? do you vomit? overreact? I usually end up throwing away my entire plate.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It grosses me out but no so much as to toss the plate. So I stop, pull it out, throw up a little in my throat and then continue eating.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
If I'm in a restaurant, I return dat shit.

But if I'm at home and I know it's mine, it's mostly just 'lol whoops' and I remove the hair from my plate. And then I eat my food.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
If it looks like a clean hair, discreetly remove it and continue. Hair itself is inert and won't hurt the food unless something came in on the hair.

A

Anew Leaf

Hair in my food is only surpassed by dirty bathrooms in terms of what grosses me out the most.

I pretty much can't eat anymore of the food. Even if it's my own hair, I can't deal. Even thinking about this I want to gag. I have a story and :sick: no one needs to hear it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At first I am like :ack!:, but then I remove it and keep eating. Wasting food & having to wait even more doesn't sound like a good idea (imo).

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only time I've found it is when it was hair I recognized. I just toss it out and continue eating. Never had this at a resteraunt.

Is there really any disease you can can get from eating hair if it's been properly cooked according to FDA recommendations?

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Finding hair in my food makes me feel embarrassed for the cook, so I remove it as casually as possible and keep eating. I don't want anybody other than myself to even become aware of the fact that there was hair in my food.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Finding hair in my food makes me feel embarrassed for the cook, so I remove it as casually as possible and keep eating. I don't want anybody other than myself to even become aware of the fact that there was hair in my food.

haha really? I was at a restaurant last week and saw a fairly long piece of hair in my food about 3 inches. I knew it wasn't mine because I have a shaved head, so I called the waiter and told him. The restaurant manager came to apologize to me and I really didn't care I just wanted a different plate so they took back the food and let me order something different.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
If I'm in a restaurant, I return dat shit.

But if I'm at home and I know it's mine, it's mostly just 'lol whoops' and I remove the hair from my plate. And then I eat my food.
This. That 'ish could be a pube for all I know and then it makes me wonder what else is in there.

T

The Iron Giant

If it looks like a clean hair, discreetly remove it and continue. Hair itself is inert and won't hurt the food unless something came in on the hair.

This. It's just hair. I've been known to eat that on purpose.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you react when finding hair in your food? do you pick it out and continue eating? do you vomit? overreact? I usually end up throwing away my entire plate.

I hardly go out for food at all- it's usually forced.. so if I have to be somewhere I'd prefer not to be, and spend money on a meal, I'd like it to be free of other humans' personal debris. Seeing hair in my food makes me think they may cut corners with other standards of health code, and it just puts me off. They'd get the doorslam from me.

I don't think my hair's ever been in my food.. but I've occasionally found an airborne cat hair in my plate, at home.
I take it out and keep eating.

...I don't have to make sense.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
now the real question, or another question because the first question was also real, what do you do when you find food in your hair?

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm used to the occasional airborne cat hair landing on my food at home, but I don't think I've ever found a hair in my food at a restaurant. It'd probably unnerve me a little but I suppose there are far worse things to find in one's food... that visual of pulling out a long, stringy hair does disturb me, though, so I'd probably return it if it came to that.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
now the real question, or another question because the first question was also real, what do you do when you find food in your hair?

If it was a piece of popcorn I'd had, I might eat it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find myself very unable to eat an extra bite after finding a hair in my food. It only happened once where I had eaten a dish without careful attention that I pulled a string of hair a few inches long from my mouth. Quite disturbing.

Pinker85

Not an issue. I just move it off to the side. It seems natural that hair is going to end up in food. I mean all precautions should be taken so that hair doesn't end up in food, but when it happens, I don't see the big issue. It isn't like finding a massive log of fecal matter. I lived pretty rough for a while in developing countries. During that period I'd take meals from whomever would give them to me . . . if there was hair, bits of roach, etc. I wasn't going to complain. I think the whole experience has made me really tolerant of non-traditional food items found in my food. It just seems, truth be told, wasteful to throw out food because you find one single hair. If I was at a restaurant I'd finish the food and show the hair to the manager afterward as a prompt to get on their staff about wearing their hairnets.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Amino acids and protein, there are a lot worse things to find in ones food, it's not difficult to just move it off to the side.