• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

Are you "warm blooded" or "cold blooded"?

• warm, Ti user (user= dom/aux)

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • warm, Fi user

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • warm, Te user

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • warm, Fe user

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • warm, male

• warm, female

• cold, Ti user

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • cold, Fi user

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • cold, Te user

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • cold, Fe user

• cold, male

• cold, female

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't know. I hate all extreme temperatures, but I suppose I react badly to heat more quickly than to cold. I have no idea what that makes me according to this...warm-blooded?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I'm too warm. I'm known by some as "The Radiator." Winter backpacking is one of my favorite things. I was very disappointed that the low temp on my most recent trip only hit 9F. To me, that seems to be just starting to get cold (rather than cool).

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I think I'm the only male who freezes whenever there's air conditioning. I have a 400W radiate heater at work to keep my feet warm. Three times this year, coworkers who came to my desk became alarmed that my computer might be overheating because they sensed something radiating heat. :)

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
Cooooold. I have permacold hands and feet. :( OTOH, I'm not great at really hot weather either - I burn and feel listless and bleurgh, though I love steamrooms. There's a narrow band of temperature where I'm comfortable. Basically I was made for the English climate. :p

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm terrible at regulating body heat - cold all the time unless I'm too hot, get heat stroke way before others, sweat like crazy and still overheat, etc. But I prefer heat to cold, since cold is just miserable.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Women ten to be cold blooded. Our blood pools away from appendages to keep the ovaries and lady bits warm. I noticed this more after dating guys. My hands are apparently always cold.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno. I tend to feel and deal fine in a large temperature range. I'm comfortable with indoor temp ranges from 60F-85F. I'll still go out for a walk in 30F as well as 95F. Anything colder or hotter than that won't keep me in necessarily. Back in Texas, you just sometimes have to deal with doing stuff in 115 degree weather, and here sometimes I just have to go scoop snow in -10 with additional wind chill. :shrug:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't radiate heat so I always feel warm.

Wife radiates all her heat so she complains she is cold all the time.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My hands are almost always warm. I was walking the better part of a mile in 20-degree weather to an NFL game wearing a t-shirt (because the stadium seats have no place to stow a jacket) and my hands kept toasty. How is this possible?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1

Is that what that's about?

I'm apparently warm, but I get cold very easy. SDRT$(9230eijkaf E cold climates. >8(

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Ha! I bet she's a naturally skinny type, too! My friend in college was like this. We shared a dorm bed a couple times and her body was like a freaking furnace! I tried to push her away from me (in a gentle, NF way fo course :p) She complained another time that I stole all the sheets. I dunno why she complained. She didn't need them! Obvious I was the cold one!

I would think though if your body radiates heat like this it's because you're also creating heat internally...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a reptile. My body seems incapable of regulating its temperature properly. In very cold weather I can never seem to be warm, I stay so cold it hurts.. even hours after I've gotten under a heated blanket. Exes would tell me not to touch them because my hands would be so cold. In very extreme heat with high humidity, I cannot cool down for the life of me. Both extreme temperatures also adversely affect my asthma, & it can be rather miserable; the combo of physical discomfort with the temp and not being able to just breathe like a normal human being.

Reptile.jpg

..or not. :c

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
You've met her, freakishly petite.

Well I wanted you to agree with me for the sake of everyone else in the thread who hasn't met her :p. my friend was also Korean. And she was always hungry!

So now when I hear fitness gurus mention "speeding up the metabolism" I think of my friend and how I too can raise my basal metabolic rate in such a way I am a human furnace.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm a reptile. My body seems incapable of regulating its temperature properly. In very cold weather I can never seem to be warm, I stay so cold it hurts.. even hours after I've gotten under a heated blanket. Exes would tell me not to touch them because my hands would be so cold. In very extreme heat with high humidity, I cannot cool down for the life of me. Both extreme temperatures also adversely affect my asthma, & it can be rather miserable; the combo of physical discomfort with the temp and not being able to just breathe like a normal human being.

Omg except for the asthma part I can relate. I HATE the cold. This is a reason I take frequent baths (hot) in the winter. I can't sleep without them because I'm cold. After a vigorous workout especially if its a bit cool outside due to sweat I quickly lose heat and feel cold. Otherwise i overheat very quickly when working out and stay very red. Otherwise I stay room temp or less. This is why I am attracted to warm sunny climates and greatly prefer warm weather, even though I greatly prefer winter and fall fashion.

Ha, I've had complaints about cold hands but only from 1 specific guy with very warm hands. Girls never complain which is another reason I think it's a gendered thing.

That sucks about the asthma? It didnt occur to me that the cold body temp thing could affect health problems.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION] - I'm moving to the west coast soon, so aside from the smog I may encounter around the city, I anticipate being more comfortable-- milder temperature fluctuations, and far less suffocating humidity. :yes:
Funny you mention the color changes in your skin.. in extreme temps my hands and feet display what's known as Raynaud's Phenomenon - the edges of the hands/feet and the fingers/toes get red/blue/purple, at times.. it always freaks people out, but my doctors have all said it's more or less benign.

here's an example I pulled from Google Images [mine don't get THIS bad, fortunately.. turn down the color intensity dial a few notches]

Raynuads2-590x384.jpg

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ooh [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] if you move to SoCal you will LOVE it. I was driving around Thanksgiving and it's so warm and sunny I had to wear shades, wear short sleeves, and crank the A/C. lovely. It's also dry heat in ca. I can handle heat but not a fan of humidity. Ive noticed as I've gotten older the body temp issue has gotten more extreme. I used to dislike heat but now I find I soak it up. I can and do also stay in saunas and steam rooms way longer than most people. I've actually had employees tell me not to overdo it.

Ooh, that finger color changing phenomenon would freak me out too as I'd think you were getting frostbite! I know people with very red or mottled hands, my hands get very red too in extreme cold. I think in Ayurvedic medicine your type is partially determined by body temp.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I'm almost always cold. I always get comments about how cold my hands and feet are ;_;
I need to find someone who can be my personal heater.