• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fruit

gromit

likes this
Fruit is so sweet! I used to prefer candy to fruit, but now fruit tastes perfect, and a lot of candy tastes too sweet.

Bowl-of-fruit-salad.jpg

Also, things like onions and peppers, they used to be too strong to eat, but now they are delicious. I like these mature taste buds.

A

Anew Leaf

:) For some fun summer treats you can pop grapes in the freezer, or banana slices. An easy, sweet treat that is good for you.

Frozen grapes are :drool:.

gromit

likes this
Will have to give that a try... have been eating a lot of protein smoothies these days... sweetened with only bananas. It is pretty amazing-tasting.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do love berries! berries with greek yoghurt pecans and honey...yummmmm

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fruit is da bomb especially in summer, there's all these fresh berries and peaches and melons in the store. I love blueberries and blackberries, and sometimes strawberries, and cantaloupe. I consider bananas to be a staple in my diet. I also like fresh cherries and mango, though they both can be a pain in the ass to eat because of the pits.

I tend to cut oranges open and suck the juice out of them, and I'll put lemons or limes in everything, like water, diet soda, beer, soup.

I get in the mood for apples sometimes, but I think I get bored with them because I was made to eat them too much as a child or something, I am not sure what that's about.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh and on the topic of onions and peppers: I think they and garlic are crucial to many dishes.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can always tell when nectarines are in season at the grocery store, the scent is undeniable.

gromit

likes this
Fruit is da bomb especially in summer, there's all these fresh berries and peaches and melons in the store. I love blueberries and blackberries, and sometimes strawberries, and cantaloupe. I consider bananas to be a staple in my diet. I also like fresh cherries and mango, though they both can be a pain in the ass to eat because of the pits.

Just summarize: you have a fruit problem.

gromit

likes this
I do love berries! berries with greek yoghurt pecans and honey...yummmmm

My gramps used to take us berry picking in the Adirondacks. We would have little coffee cans around our necks with strings. One of my fondest childhood memories.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My gramps used to take us berry picking in the Adirondacks. We would have little coffee cans around our necks with strings. One of my fondest childhood memories.

:) so you can pick with two hands ... what a lovely memory.

wolfy

awsm
I love grapefruits in the morning. Peaches and apricots are my favourite fruits.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True it is about what you eat, but it's also about how much you eat.

You should eat small portians frequently, not big portians 3 times a day... If you eat big portians of anything, even grapes, it will stretch your stomach.

I like grapes, pineapples, peaches, apples, strawberrys, bananas, oranges, satsumas/tangerines and a bunch of other fruits too.

gromit

likes this
Thanks, why don't you share some smoothie recipes. My kids like banana shakes with some vanilla. Simple but tasty.

Oooh vanilla. Sounds nice. My current favorite is banana with nuts or PB, cocoa powder (unsweetened), some protein powder, and milk. Tastes like a milkshake almost, but it is a fairly good breakfast for a hot summer morning.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FRUIT SMOOTHIES FOR THE WIN, love my blender.

The other day I had 3 whole peeled bananas and half a pint of full fat milk, blended it up and hey presto, yummy banana milkshake.

I love fruit in smoothie form sometimes, be it milk or ice based.

Mole

Permabanned
Fruitarians

Adam and Eve were fruitarians in the Garden of Eden, pure as the driven snow, only there was no snow, not in the Garden of Eden, lions and tigers, yes, as the lion lay down with the lamb, but there was a talking snake with a forked tongue, destined to lie to Eve, and who warned her not to eat a particular fruit off a particular tree, but curiousity overcame Eve and it started to snow in the Garden of Eden, and the lion, yes the lion, ate the poor little lamb, and the fruit wouldn't grow in the snow, and so it was lamb chops for dinner, but every so often they cast their eyes back to the Garden of Eden and say, yes once we were fruitarians as pure as the driven snow, but now, do pass the mint sauce.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money. Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussels sprouts never do." - P. J. O'Rourke in The Bachelor Home Companion :sage: