User Tag List

First 10181920

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

So my dog's been really bitey. He's a one year old hound. He just comes up and bites me randomly and I'm fending him off for 20 minutes sometimes to get him not to gnaw on me. I try saying no and giving him toys, and he'll play with them for a bit but then come back for more. I think he's most likely playing, but how do I get him to stop? It's been going on for a long time. I've noticed I'm the only one in the household that he chews on too.
    If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

Phleg-Mel/Hufflepuff/Aries Sun, Aquarius Moon, Leo Rising

𝔐𝔶 𝔭𝔲𝔯𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢,
    𝔒𝔲𝔯 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔠𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔦𝔱𝔰
    ℑ 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔰 ✰✰✰✰

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by robobot14 View Post
    So my dog's been really bitey. He's a one year old hound. He just comes up and bites me randomly and I'm fending him off for 20 minutes sometimes to get him not to gnaw on me. I try saying no and giving him toys, and he'll play with them for a bit but then come back for more. I think he's most likely playing, but how do I get him to stop? It's been going on for a long time. I've noticed I'm the only one in the household that he chews on too.
    nip its ear. Hounds ime are pretty gnawing dogs, they need more active stimulation, lots of running and chasing, really anything thats going to satisfy that need to hunt that weve bread into hounds.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    Likes Bismuth Blitz, Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ✨ Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    nip its ear. Hounds ime are pretty gnawing dogs, they need more active stimulation, lots of running and chasing, really anything thats going to satisfy that need to hunt that weve bread into hounds.
    I remember my uncle nipping his German Shepard's ear. I thought it was hilarious at the time.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★・゚ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ・゚ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ・゚ ᴛʜᴇ ・゚ᴇᴇʟꜱ・゚★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦
    Likes Bismuth Blitz liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Thanks for rep. Do you have any idea why he's only targeting me though? For active stimulation we do have a fence outside so he can roam free and he has some outdoor toys.

𝔐𝔶 𝔭𝔲𝔯𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢,
    ℑ 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔰 ✰✰✰✰

If your pup's nipping, immediately stop playing, turn your back on it and walk out of the room for ten minutes. Come back and start playing and if it nips again, repeat. After awhile (hounds aren't fast learners) of repeating, the pup will realize that nipping stops the fun and won't do it anymore.

Also, make sure that you and everyone else in the home don't play with the dog with your hands. Always use a toy.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Thanks for rep. Do you have any idea why he's only targeting me though? For active stimulation we do have a fence outside so he can roam free and he has some outdoor toys.
    do you play back? Pay attention to him in ways that no one else does? Where do you fall in his pack heirarchy? And just roaming isnt the same as actually running, coursing and even play hunting. If you got labs you're gonna be playing a lot of retreival games, hounds, track and chase.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ✨ Fi

Do you ever play hide and seek with him, @robobot14?
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★・゚ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ・゚ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ・゚ ᴛʜᴇ ・゚ᴇᴇʟꜱ・゚★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Do you ever play hide and seek with him, @robobot14?
    Nah but that sounds like fun

@The Mysterious Stranger that makes sense. For attention I've spent the most time with him as I've been home the most. That's changing cause college just started again, but he's been chewing before that.

𝔐𝔶 𝔭𝔲𝔯𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢,
    ℑ 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔰 ✰✰✰✰

Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Nah but that sounds like fun

@The Mysterious Stranger that makes sense. For attention I've spent the most time with him as I've been home the most. That's changing cause college just started again, but he's been chewing before that.
    sogs sometimes act out when they miss you animals lacking thumbs use their mouths and various forms of biting and nipping to express so much more than most of us think.
    Likes Bismuth Blitz, Luminous liked this post