User Tag List

First 7151617

MBTI
    ENTJ

Dear pet magician person

My ragdoll incessantly, yet lazily, talks to me. I read that they're just chatty, he has all his food and water, and his vet says he's in good health. I tried playing with him but I don't have the energy to keep chasing him around the apartment like a crazy person.
    How do I tell my ragdoll to shut it without hurting his feelings?
    Johari | Nohari
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... Eryn Silverfrond's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESXP
    Enneagram
    7 so

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Dear pet magician person

My ragdoll incessantly, yet lazily, talks to me. I read that they're just chatty, he has all his food and water, and his vet says he's in good health. I tried playing with him but I don't have the energy to keep chasing him around the apartment like a crazy person.
    I have a ragdoll too, for going on 11 years now. He is now meowsing chattering through the house. They're just exceedingly vocal. If your cat is like mine, any attempt to tell it to shut it, will be met with meows and cat chatter, I think it has to do with the siamese in them. It is fun to just chat with them though. Careful though sometimes any communication with him is viewed as an invitation for snugs.
    With all due respect,
    Eryn Silverfrond...
    & Gentleman Jack.

There aren't any good guys, and there aren't any bad guys.
    There's just us.
    People.
    Doing our best to get by.

Likes Codex liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack View Post
    I have a ragdoll too, for going on 11 years now. He is now meowsing chattering through the house. They're just exceedingly vocal. If your cat is like mine, any attempt to tell it to shut it, will be met with meows and cat chatter, I think it has to do with the siamese in them. It is fun to just chat with them though. Careful though sometimes any communication with him is viewed as an invitation for snugs.
    I know. I mean I'll be honest. I love the attention lol it's just a total distraction when I'm working from home, and this blue eyed angel is trying to get my attention while I'm on a conference call. I use every ounce of self control I have and most of the time, I still fail to pay attention to the call. I can't resist
    Johari | Nohari

MBTI
    ESXP
    Enneagram
    7 so

I know. I mean I'll be honest. I love the attention lol it's just a total distraction when I'm working from home, and this blue eyed angel is trying to get my attention while I'm on a conference call. I use every ounce of self control I have and most of the time, still fail to pay attention to the call. I can't resist
    Yeah, when there's writing to be done sometimes they have to go into the cat room >_> The cute abides.
    With all due respect,
    Eryn Silverfrond...
    & Gentleman Jack.

There's just us.
    People.

Dear pet magician person

Ragdolls are irresistible, I swear one day I'll get one and it will inevitably steal my soul.
    Johari | Nohari

Moving forward, put aside all unnecessary preconceptions, eliminate all biases, analyze all the facts without letting external influences cloud your better judgement and put together a coherent picture of the truth like a jigsaw puzzle, you have the pieces you need, the only thing left to do is to learn how to put them together properly.
    Likes Luminous, Eryn Silverfrond liked this post

MBTI
    ESXP
    Enneagram
    7 so

Quote Originally Posted by Amberiat View Post
    Ragdolls are irresistible, I swear one day I'll get one and it will inevitably steal my soul.
    The Snuggle is real.
    With all due respect,
    Eryn Silverfrond...
    & Gentleman Jack.

There's just us.
    People.

Likes Luminous, Amberiat liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

My cat has started hissing at strangers when they try to pet her. I wish she wouldn't. But she is slightly skittish, especially with noise though she loves being petted so it makes no sense. But after she hisses once and realizes they're not gonna hurt her she let's them scratch her butt. Any ideas on what to do. She's a cat so I doubt there's much that can be done.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Perhaps open the blinds to keep them curious and occupied? Getting someone they can play with helps too.
    Omnivariant

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    My cat has started hissing at strangers when they try to pet her. I wish she wouldn't. But she is slightly skittish, especially with noise though she loves being petted so it makes no sense. But after she hisses once and realizes they're not gonna hurt her she let's them scratch her butt. Any ideas on what to do. She's a cat so I doubt there's much that can be done.
    Guests who gravitate towards a cat can put them out of their comfort zones and result in hissing; always let the cat approach the guests on the cat's own terms. You could try giving a special treat to guests before they enter, and then maybe eventually if the cat wants to approach she'll associate new people with the treat.
    Likes prplchknz, Eryn Silverfrond liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Deprecator View Post
    Guests who gravitate towards a cat can put them out of their comfort zones and result in hissing; always let the cat approach the guests on the cat's own terms. You could try giving a special treat to guests before they enter, and then maybe eventually if the cat wants to approach she'll associate new people with the treat.
    I could give them ice cubes (her favorite) yeah she usually hides upstairs when there's more than 2 people here.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so