• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how to tell your mom you might need a urologist

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Your mother will not only pay for your diapers she will probably try to move your dr's appointment up to be sooner. September is too long to wait to get this taken care of.

I agree. I feel like if your mom knew how bad this was and how much it was embarrassing you she would be on the phone to the dr. in a hot second to get you in like tomorrow. I know I would be. *hugs*

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
You need to tell her. She'll buy you what you need, I'm sure. And go to a doctor!

ygolo

My termites win
prpl, I didn't know you were going through this. Did this start around when you started new medicines? I have similar issues (a really embarrassing thing happened just this Monday. I can PM you if you want).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
prpl, I didn't know you were going through this. Did this start around when you started new medicines? I have similar issues (a really embarrassing thing happened just this Monday. I can PM you if you want).

either way you don't have to if don't want. and i dunno what the cause is i have a couple of theories and one does revolve around meds but it seems to get worse when i stop them.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As a side note, there no reason to feel any shame for what you are experiencing; many people have problems or issues with incontinence (it's actually quite prevalent in the elderly).

What theories do you have so far that could explain why you have developed total incontinence?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Prpl please tell your mother or a doctor immediately. I am concerned for your health. Even if you imagine this is related to something you feel is "your fault" (not taking meds, or drinking heavily or something like that) I doubt very seriously anyone is going to blame you for having a health issue of this nature. I have complete sympathy for you and imagine it must be quite embarrassing, but if you want it to stop you need to tell someone, and since it is so severe and has increased it's a symptom of something which should be addressed immediately.

I'm sure your mother loves you; you are her child and she'll surely help you in any way she can.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
As a side note, there no reason to feel any shame for what you are experiencing; many people have problems or issues with incontinence (it's actually quite prevalent in the elderly).

What theories do you have so far that could explain why you have developed total incontinence?

1.i quit my meds
2.it's in my head

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I signed up for an incontinence forum and asked for advice on my situation, and the first response, was get a job. and i told him that he was rude and he had no clue about my situation and asked if he knew how hard it is to get a job these days, and mentioned that i had two interviews. I ended up putting him on ignore because i don't want to get banned, because he was being an all around douche

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
part of me thinks she might suspect because i had an accident in the car on a road trip, but maybe she doesn't know how to broach the subject either. she's gonna find my diapers today i've only been wearing them at night to protect the mattress because i'm too embarrased to wear them in public maybe i'll tell her than?

Baby girl, tell her. Your mom and you will get closer if you keep it real like that.

I cannot believe I peed my pants last night. Twas bc I drank vodka (a lot) and I neeeeever drink vodka.

Hehe.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Baby girl, tell her. Your mom and you will get closer if you keep it real like that.

I cannot believe I peed my pants last night. Twas bc I drank vodka (a lot) and I neeeeever drink vodka.

Hehe.

yeeah before i had this problem 3 beers and i would wet my pants maybe it was a sign i ignored

is it bad that i had a messy accident 2 hours ago and still haven't cleaned up? i just don't want to face the reality of what's in my diaper yet.

i finally changed and it was the whole length of the diaper and was coming out the leg holes, i had to throw my plastic pants in the wash because a small amount of poop got on them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I signed up for an incontince forum, and they were really rude to me over there i don't think i'm going back. to be honest

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
apparently if i wear regular underpants at some point i'll wet and crap myself. which is what just happened

i went bare ass to let my skin breathe because i've developed a diaper rash well i ended up peeing the bed so now i have a wet spot i put a diaper and plastic pants on for the rest of the night

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I still haven't told my mom because one we had company over last night and 2 i mentioned i didn't feel well last night and she just yelled at me, saying it was my fault, so i don't want to tell her.

I have to tell her though, i am getting worse i pooped myself about 3 times yesterday and i just had a total accident just now ie pee and poop. once was in regular underwear, instead of waking up with the urge to pee and not being able to make it i've been waking up wet and no urge to pee.

i joined another incontince forum, hopefully they won't be dicks

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
When you are having accidents you should go to the dr instead of just starting to wear diapers. Wearing diapers is not a good solution to this problem.

Please call the dr and tell them it's an emergency. Get checked prpl!! :hug:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1.i quit my meds
2.it's in my head

I presume that you mean you quit your meds shortly before the problems started? What kind of meds, and could a possible side effect from cessation of them be a reasonable cause?

Why do you believe it to be psychosomatic?

Also, wait until you can get a private moment with your mom where you won't be interrupted by anyone, then tell her.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Good lord, I don't know how you're not freaked out beyond all proportion. I'd probably have gone to the emergency room or something, and I hate going to the doctor/have never gone to an ER. Even considering your problem is giving me physical symptoms of anxiety!

:aquiver::panic::overreact:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've made it a goal to tell her by the end of today. maybe when we go to cvs, i dunno i haven't changed even though i need to in hopes she'll smell me and ask what's going on.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i changed i might have tried regular underpants again, thinking that maybe i'm becoming dependent on diapers that was a bad idea because i still wet myself if i can't control my bladder or bowels i probably have no business being out of a diaper, but i feel so infantile in them that sometimes i miss my old underwear and decide to wear even though in the back of my head i know i'll probably have an accident.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok fine i'll go put on a diaper, considering i just released my bowels into my pants even though i just pooped not too long ago, so i really wasn't expecting that.