• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm getting fat :(

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
how do you lose weight? I've always been skinny but my metabolism is catching up. I plan to walk 3 mornings a week 1-3 miles but i don't wanna be fat :( :(:(

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Consistent aerobic exercise (even if it's just power walking), building some muscle tone (muscle burns more calories than fat)...eating regularly, because starvation will fuck up your metabolism...eating fiber whole grains, less refined sugars, less refined flour, drinking water, drinking tea or coffee instead of soda, avoiding High Fructose Corn Syrup which in a Princeton study made rats gain 4 times more weight than giving them sugar water for the same amount of time.

Don't eat in front of the television, because tv actually puts you in some kind of hypnotic state that slows down your metabolism. I think you have a better metabolism reading or sleeping than watching tv.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do people always tell others trying to lose weight to cut out drinking pop? All they have to do is switch to diet -- that has no calories!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Why do people always tell others trying to lose weight to cut out drinking pop? All they have to do is switch to diet -- that has no calories!

Diet still has some calories. Something like "Coke Zero" would work though.

A

Anew Leaf

The calories aren't the issue. The chemicals and artificial sweeteners are the problem.

[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]: cut out alcohol. try to get most of your calorie needs from plants instead of processed foods and animal products. start working on building up some muscle mass so your metabolism increases. do cardio in the 65% of max heartrate zone for an hour 3-4x a week. :)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I do not like crystal light either rather have water

I would recommend a book to you called, "Sly Moves" by Slyvestor Stallone. In the book he gives very realistic diet plans and not these crazy diet plans that are hard to follow. He also recommends several awesome workout plans as well. It's a really awesome book. It also emphasizes the importance of taking an entire day off of your diet every week in order to eat whatever you would like. That way, your whole diet won't just crash and burn

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

A lot of people won't drink diet.

Plus some people have problems with sodium water retention from even diet soda. It's not fat but water retention.

Depends on your body, and if your sodium intake is already high, I guess.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just drink water. :p Water is the best!

Green tea, too, because it has something in it that naturally supports the metabolism, and it has other health properties, as well as having a more gentle caffeine effect than coffee, and even a lot of black teas.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just to add to what Marmie said (hi Marm :bye: ), the phosphates in diet soda deplete the calcium in your body/bones.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Calories in < Calories out = weight loss. Weight Watchers is one of the only programs that has a good track record and less yo-yo effect, you may want to check them out. Good luck.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] watch this

Diet still has some calories. Something like "Coke Zero" would work though.

but the problem is that artificial sweeteners make you crave for sugar. basically when you eat them, your body adjusts itself as if it had the energy from sugar(your body thinks its sugar that you get), but then you lack the energy for your body to work as its trying to work, so it sends signals for "get sugar or some other energy", which makes you eat bit more than usual. not to mention that they are poison.. acesulfame K(aka aspartame, and i would guess other artificial sweeteners do the same thing), makes your body release insulin, which tells your body to store energy, thus can contribute to weight gain, even tho it doesent have energy in it. i would guess

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Since I'm not huuuge yet just none of my pants fit i'm gonna walk mon,wed,fri and do the exercise bike tues and thurs and try to eat slightly healthier.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION]

Well thank you for that info I was unaware of that info about "Coke Zero".