• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you feel like in the morning?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you feel like in the morning when you wake up? How alert is your mind, or just describe how your mind feels. How does your body feel in terms of mobility, stiffness, pain, relaxed, energized, or anything else?

Are you a person who exercises regularly, and what sort of exercise do you do? Does coffee or tea help in the morning or the day?

Oh and also, approximately (or specifically) how old are you?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since this isn't showing up in the new posts, I'll go first. I feel like a zombie. :shock:

Anyway, I'll add more detail later, but would be curious what others would say about their experiences.

Lanton88

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I feel like shit in the morning. I don't exercise much either. I'm 23 yrs old.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
As long as I've been getting enough sleep, I feel pretty good in the morning.

I'm 29 years old, I do exercise (strength training using body weight exercises for the time being, although I'm hoping to join a gym soon), and I do drink coffee. I don't think the coffee makes much of a difference at this point; after a certain point your body acclimates to it and you need it just to feel normal, and I'm well past that point. The exercise is pretty energizing, especially if I've been working my legs, which really gets my heart rate up.

I've always been kind of a morning person though. My mother and her father never needed an alarm clock and would wake up early on their own, and I'm the same way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends on how early I wake up and how much sleep I got.

For the last two years, especially after this past November, I was getting about 3-3.5 hours of sleep a night during the week since I had to get up so early, yet I'm a night owl. (As an example, last night I was so exhausted when I got home that I kept having "micro sleep-outs" while typing on my laptop on the bed, I'd wake up after a second with my hands depressing the keys -- yet about 10-10:30pm, suddenly I started feeling more and more awake. Drat.) Sometimes I had trouble making the one-hour drive to work, sometimes I was fine, but I'd have some rough periods during the day lasting about an hour or more where I'd keep nodding off or feeling like I wouldn't make it through a meeting.

With my recent move, even if going to bed at midnight, I can get 5+ hours of sleep and am feeling better overall already.

I like mornings in the sense that it's pretty amazing to have a lot done by lunch, and based on my work schedule, I'm hopping in a car to come home between 3-3:30pm. However, I'm not really a morning person and need my caffeine to keep me going; I'd rather stay up until 3-4am and then crash.

I'm 43 now, and I find that I become sore more easily and longer / can't handle as much stress on my body (especially without training) as I used to. I'm feeling older, physically, definitely. I'm currently out of exercise but plan to start back up now that I've moved and can sleep enough to get my energy levels higher. When I'm exercising consistently, I actually feel pretty good.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I feel fine in the morning. I am usually up between 6:30 or 7:00 am. I get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and if I can, I like to take a 30-45 minute catnap every day. I don't drink caffeine, I drink lots of water and I exercise 4-5 times a week, either a spinning class/cycle at the gym (60 mins) or my elliptical at home (30-60 mins). I like the spinning class because I am on my own bike and don't have to talk to anyone and I zone out for an hour listening to music which I find relaxing.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I get up, and lately that's a bigger if than in the past, I'm fine within a few minutes. Perhaps a little stiffness in my legs. I don't drink coffee or tea or anything with caffeine in the morning.

I also workout in the morning (again, if I get up) and I do P90X,mostly the weights. I am not a morning person, I have to force myself to go to bed, I get about 6-7 hours but prefer at least 8 when left to my own devices.

I'm in my mid-30s.

Lark

What do you feel like in the morning when you wake up? How alert is your mind, or just describe how your mind feels. How does your body feel in terms of mobility, stiffness, pain, relaxed, energized, or anything else?

Are you a person who exercises regularly, and what sort of exercise do you do? Does coffee or tea help in the morning or the day?

Since I've been exercising and when I'm on a real exercise kick, like going to the gym more than once daily or doing a number of really strenuous things in a day, coffee or tea or other buzzes, soft drinks even, all fail to deliver any pep, they even kill the buzz. Water and getting properly hydrated is good.

I usually feel buzzed and ready for the day if I'm exercising a lot, if I've been exercising hard and I've been achy or hurting when I wake up and feel less sore and more toned its the greatest feeling in the world.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Back when my RA was having it's way with my body I felt like 21 going on 85. Especially in the mornings. Nowadays I feel more like 22 going on 7 since I'm not only a night owl, but I've been blessed with a penchant for being a morning person, as well.

Oh yes. I suspect it's very annoying. Just like a 7-year-old at 8am.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm on autopilot until about 10 or so... I have my morning down to such a routine that I really don't register as feeling ANYTHING that early :doh: I drink coffee or tea because if I don't I'm going to get a headache and I have my morning schedule down to the point where even with a shower and breakfast I can go from bed to out the door in 20 minutes... thinking back to that time period from any other part of the day I'm really not sure how I do it or in what order I do stuff :thinking: I even get through the first few hours of work appearing competent and awake somehow... I must be an illusionist of some sort :shock:

if I get to sleep in sufficiently, I tend to wake up in a good mood, though still not fully there mentally for a bit... I feel fine though :)

I'm 28, I get sufficient exercise, though I'm not much of a morning person :laugh:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Since this isn't showing up in the new posts, I'll go first.
That's because you already clicked on it.

I feel great in the morning. I'm up and out the door early; no ones around; and I find that normal people don't get going, intellectually speaking, until around 10. So I generally have about 3 hours to take advantage of people every . . . single . . . day.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In the morning, I feel like I'm in a fog. It takes my brain 2 - 3 hours to really get going. I drink a couple cups of strong tea and that helps. It used to be coffee but I developed an allergy to it.

I can't exercise in the morning. I know this is better for you but I have such a hard time getting up that it just doesn't work for me.

Am I stiff? Sometimes :).

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wretched. Some mornings are very bad but like [MENTION=12679]allegorystory[/MENTION], I have RA, too. It can make mornings an experience from hell. Even before I had it, I always felt terrible in the mornings. I don't usually feel alert and awake until the afternoon no matter how much sleep I get.

A

A window to the soul

I'm not a morning person, but once I spring out of bed, lol!, I have a lot of energy throughout the day. And since I workout at the end of the day, sometimes I have trouble falling asleep.

Sleeping is like eating to me, it's something I have to do for survival, but I find that it interferes with other stuff I'd rather be doing. When I don't eat or sleep, I get grouchy.

I have trouble focusing first thing in the morning; I don't follow a strict routine. It takes a few minutes for my mind to kick-in. I do drink coffee and tea.

I exercise regularly. I run. I do aerobics; my favorite is step. I do not lift weights. :)

I rarely feel stiffness or pain.

H

Hate

Every morning my neighbor's dog howls.

I feel like howling in the mornings too, so we howl together.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Horrible. Groggy, achey, hating to get out of bed.