• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you feel like in the morning?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love the mornings. I prefer to get up early (esp this time of year with all this sunlight)

I am usually up about 3 hours before I start work. Within that time I'm usually out, at Dunkin Donuts chattin with the regulars and/or at the gym. I prefer to get all of that out of the way before I get to work.

I am starting to experience some aches- I think most of it has to do with my workout- esp if I play wally or volleyball the day before- it's hell on the knees, but that's usually gone within 24 hours.

My mouth is glued shut until I get some coffee. Not that I can't talk- I CANT talk. LOL.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It takes me a while to wake up. I can't just "get out of bed" it has to be a gradual process or I get pissed off for the rest of the day

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So far there is a correlation between exercising and feeling good in the morning, although I wonder if the causality is cyclic. If you deal with enough physical pain and stiffness exercising is much harder to do, and with some chronic pain issues, exercise can trigger horrible attacks of physical pain that is quite different from athletic muscle pain.

It looks like I may have fibromyalgia, so I have pain in the morning, but I also don't exercise well enough. I'm not sure I personally know anyone who feels good in the morning, so it is good to hear that some people do. I'm curious about the effects of exercise, but also how to approach it if you have certain physical issues. I wonder how the people with RA respond to exercise? A couple of people posted about horrible mornings due to RA. Whatever I'm dealing with personally has the effect that certain repetitive movements trigger something not so nice.

Anyway, carry on... it is quite interesting for everyone. :)

mslohan

I'm 24 and I feel just okay when I wake up in the morning. By the way, I don't eat at night. But I take vitamins, like vitamin C, B12 and K2. :)

LEGERdeMAIN

I'm 24 and I feel just okay when I wake up in the morning. By the way, I don't eat at night. But I take vitamins, like vitamin C, B12 and K2. :)

why do you take K2? Is it because it's the latest fad or does your pancreas no longer work?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Like a fourteen year old.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like mornings now that I work from home. I can take my time getting out of bed and leisurely sip my coffee while my brain wakes up.

I prefer about 9-10 hrs of sleep.
I do not feel stiff in any way.
I'm in my 30's :)

Usehername

On a mission
I have a lot of trouble remembering that it's just the transition from sleep to wakefulness that is difficult. If I got more than a few hours of sleep, the rest of the day is not going to be as difficult as the transition to wakefulness.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This morning I was fed up, think I know why, not sure why it's that though.

I like, I went out my way, trying to get someone's attention, and then not getting it, and then getting and a response that just bummed me out somewhere just made me, anoyed, idk, I get why they did but it bought me down too, and what they said was, they're fed up, which is... Understandable, but, I didn't understand why it was about themself.

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This morning I was fed up, think I know why, not sure why it's that though.

clarification? might help to explain more.

I like, I went out my way, trying to get someone's attention, and then not getting it, and then getting and a response that just bummed me out somewhere just made me, anoyed, idk, I get why they did but it bought me down too, and what they said was, they're fed up, which is... Understandable, but, I didn't understand why it was about themself.

What was the situation?

There is a lot that isn't being explained, but sounds like you originally made a passive move in your attempts for some kind of attention...

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say, in your face reaction because I was tired of being hurt and... Tired that I could be hurt and yup, even tired that I get hurt in my own pathetic way, trust me... I rang the samartians once, gave me a good reason to live, turns out, we need more people like me on this earth. - creepiest voice EVER!, like, caring but not, like, ewl. On the phone. Ohwell.

I was hurt because it feels like this person doesn't care, which is all well and good, but, I, hate that it bothers me.
They're always down, or up with some spunk, y'know, they're a cool person, but... sh*t, that's life I guess, and, I'm just fed up of being hurt, so I woke up and got hurt for the last time. - On like a forum aswell. 'and I did act up.' :(

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Regardless of how I feel, I generally get up, get dressed, have my shot of matcha and go to the gym. There I'd plan the rest of my day, and weekends are about the same, just a lot more sleep.

Most mornings I'm pretty happy if I can look forward to something that day or even later that week.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
really depends if i'm waking up alone or waking up to jock.
waking up alone, sometimes i get grouchy.

G

garbage

Terrible. My mind is extremely active when I go to bed, until the Ambien (sometimes supplemented by melatonin) kicks in. I also grind my teeth at night, which contributes to my migraines. 6-8 hours later, the alarm wakes me up with the not-so-soothing sounds of NPR about an hour before work, and I just lay there for, like, 30 minutes because I can't get up.

:hifive:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I get up at the same time regardless of how I feel (wake up at 5:45am on weekdays, usually up by a little after 7 on weekends), as I want to get into work within around the same 15 minute window every day.

If I get at least 7-8 hrs of sleep, I usually feel pretty good. If less, I am usually ok, but it's not ideal and I'm not as positive. Alertness isn't usually an issue, less sleep is usually reflected instead in my being more irritable and pessimistic. Quality of sleep is important too; if I have a lot on my mind, I sleep more poorly and it doesn't matter if technically I was in bed for 8 hours.

Physically I tend to feel fine; no stiffness, really. However, the exception has been the past 5 days. I somehow jacked up my neck/shoulders, and I feel like an old woman. :( Mobility of my neck is pathetic/painful, and I can hardly roll over from one side to the other in bed, or get up or lay down, without a decent amount of pain. So getting up has been very unpleasant and painful recently. Boo to getting older!

(Almost 34, and I am fairly active; not as much as I should be, recently, and I definitely need to get back into yoga/serious stretching... once my neck is normal again.)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
depends almost entirely on my state of mind going to bed and how the upcoming day is looking.

Jaguar

A bulldog with a bad attitude.

badattitudebulldog.jpg