• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you feel like in the morning?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I hate mornings, even if I have received a full night's rest. It's mostly my mood that's affected...I get really irritable and can be short/caustic with people until I have had at least two double shots of espresso. Otherwise I don't have any other physical problems besides the occasional nausea/headache combo (yes, I do exercise semi-regularly.) Oh, and I'm 26.

Permabanned
Well, I get up at the same time regardless of how I feel (wake up at 5:45am on weekdays, usually up by a little after 7 on weekends), as I want to get into work within around the same 15 minute window every day.
:blink::nice::worthy:

I think I did something like that in undergrad/when deeply focused in working/finishing on a project. That and overall quality of rest influences my mood/efficiency a lot.

If I get at least 7-8 hrs of sleep, I usually feel pretty good. If less, I am usually ok, but it's not ideal and I'm not as positive. Alertness isn't usually an issue, less sleep is usually reflected instead in my being more irritable and pessimistic. Quality of sleep is important too; if I have a lot on my mind, I sleep more poorly and it doesn't matter if technically I was in bed for 8 hours.
^
With anything upwards from 7-8h of quality sleep, I can generally function well and transition to wake-up state quickly. Mostly, it's any accumulated tiredness, physical or mental stress that can prejudice this process. Being proactively mentally engaged in something can have a great positive contribution as well.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I almost always feel like a groggy piece of shit in the morning. It's hard getting myself out of bed.

The only exception is when I have something to look forward to in the morning, like a trip, or honestly, krav maga class. Then I'm energized and ready to begin my day.

fatgurl

ARMY
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Depends on how much I've slept each night and how many assignments I have to do. I'll either feel shitty and pissed off or calm and looking forward to the day.
For the most part, I like to wake up early and get my day started, so I'd say I like mornings.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am absolutely not a morning person. The first hour or so I am up, I don't want to deal with anyone - just eat, have coffee, perhaps start the workday by checking emails and doing whatever mindless administrative tasks need to be done. It is worse if I have had inadequate or disrupted sleep. During the pandemic it has been a great help to be able to start my workday at 10 instead of 8:30. I am not looking forward to changing back when I have to return to the office more routinely.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've never been a morning person, I never will be. As long as I have some interrupted sleep (5-6hrs), I generally feel ok. Coffee, doomscroll/email/work stuff... Getting up and out of bed at the moment is a different story. I have a torn meniscus plus some other damage in my left knee so going to the bathroom is an effort first thing. Once I'm up and walking it's not to bad.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Generally like I want to roll over and go back to sleep.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It depends on how long I sleep, the weather, and how early I wake up. I generally feel better if I can force myself out of bed early (~7/8 am) after a good night of sleep (ie. 6+ hours). On day one of sleeping poorly (~3-4 hours), I am more energized in the mornings, but as a general thing I tend to wake up fatigued. To be fair, I'm lucky if I can get 6 hours of sleep consistently, so that could contribute to the problem. I am 21 and, unless you count 2-3 miles of semi-leisurely walking exercise, then I really don't.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx