• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm considering in investing in cosmetic surgery...

G

Glycerine

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] and I were thinking about shaking and hugging him simultaneously. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Doesn't matter! I think it's safe to say that if you're being yourself, and you're putting yourself out there, then your chances at finding a girl who likes you are much higher. And I think Halla74 has said, either on this thread or another thread, that if a girl starts dating you with the assumption that you are someone different, then things won't be pretty when she finds out that you were essentially fooling her the entire time.

Exactly! :hifive:

(Only he phrased it significantly better than I did!)

No, my friend, I think you phrased that aspect of truth perfectly.
There's no you, like the real you.

It's so much easier to be yourself than to try and live your life by contrived expectations of any origin.
There are parts of our lives that will change, like our careers or our educational interests - such changes are normal and in many cases good, as they signify growth.

But the core of who you are, that was defined during the formative moments of your life - and going against them because you don't accept yourself, that's just not going to result in a whole lot of good.

As the great and wise [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] pointed out, wasting someone else's life and trust and happiness with illusions cast out of a lack of self-acceptance, that is just not cool. You're much better off using that time to grow into your own head, and figure out what you need to do in order to use your gifts and interests to pick a path in life and start blazing down it. THAT is where people who are right for you, and good for you, are best yet who you are good for too, simply because you're being yourself! :rock:

Remember -- healthy relationships are based on honesty.

This cannot be said often enough.

:solidarity:

-Alex

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought I was being called in to balance out all that warm and cuddly Fe. My bad.
I may be confusing Te and Fi... :unsure: Whichever one uses unfiltered honesty to get a point across, that's what I was calling you in for. Because you are good at that! :D

Edit:
[MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION]... Listen to Halla!! He may have called me wise, but he is much wiser than me by virtue of age, life experience, and having successfully found himself a girl by being true to himself and not by having plastic surgery!!

The man knows what he is talking about. :yes: He should be your role model.

A

Anew Leaf

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] and I were thinking about shaking and hugging him simultaneously. :D

:yes: NF hug attack is hilarious when applied to NTs.

I may be confusing Te and Fi... :unsure: Whichever one uses unfiltered honesty to get a point across, that's what I was calling you in for. Because you are good at that! :D

Edit:
[MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION]... Listen to Halla!! He may have called me wise, but he is much wiser than me by virtue of age, life experience, and having successfully found himself a girl by being true to himself and not by having plastic surgery!!

The man knows what he is talking about. :yes: He should be your role model.

More men should use [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] as their role model. There would be a lot happier women out there.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More men should use [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] as their role model. There would be a lot happier women out there.
Truer words have never been spoken. :yes:

Also, before Uber says anything -- it doesn't matter that he's an ESTP/J and you're an INTJ. What matters is that he exudes confidence and honesty and is generally a thoughtful and chivalrous person. Girls love these things, and none of them are type-related.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That is completely untrue to how prpl operates. Can you imagine her bullshitting anyone like that?? [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION], vouch for me!

Also, the majority of people don't act like that -- because the majority of people are too self-involved to focus all of their energy on collectively fooling one person. The only time I could think of that happening would be "The Truman Show" -- and that scenario is statistically unlikely! :laugh:

Doesn't matter! I think it's safe to say that if you're being yourself, and you're putting yourself out there, then your chances at finding a girl who likes you are much higher. And I think [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] has said, either on this thread or another thread, that if a girl starts dating you with the assumption that you are someone different, then things won't be pretty when she finds out that you were essentially fooling her the entire time. (Only he phrased it significantly better than I did!)

Remember -- healthy relationships are based on honesty.

What did i say im on my phone

A

Anew Leaf

Truer words have never been spoken. :yes:

Also, before Uber says anything -- it doesn't matter that he's an ESTP/J and you're an INTJ. What matters is that he exudes confidence and honesty and is generally a thoughtful and chivalrous person. Girls love these things, and none of them are type-related.

:yes:

He gives great advice with no bullshit or strings attached.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just took a few new photos of the side of my face that look completely different from the first time. And I didn't do any kind of alteration to them. My slight turkey neck seems to have disappeared! It's the same setting and similar lighting. Look and see! Why is that?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh yeah i was being truthful,but Some,people cant take compliments so fuck them

Yeah, this is interesting. You ([MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION]) don't seem to respond at all to anyone saying nice things about you, except to basically accuse them of lying to make you feel better. I get that it can feel awkward to take compliments sometimes, but you need to learn to do it. Someone gave me really good advice once when I was young, self-conscious and felt awkward accepting compliments. It was my flute teacher. She said, "When someone pays you a compliment, simply say thank you and accept it." You don't have to disparage yourself or disagree with theml; you don't have to compliment them in turn (but you can, if you are sincere). All you need to do is say "Thank you" and try to take it for what it was meant to be-- someone saying something nice about you simply because they believe it to be true. And try to take the compliments to heart (but don't let them go to your head).

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The number of people who think they are boring is staggering. I've had people tell me that I wouldn't want to talk to them because they are boring....

I'm careful about who I talk to, I don't spend time talking to people I don't think are interesting so it's irritating to have them tell me I'm wrong!

And no, I don't mean uber, I just mean that to have him do that to other people is uncoool.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so one person called me interesting. How do I make more than one person call me interesting?

A

Anew Leaf

You see, this makes absolutely no sense.

*takes copious notes*

It seems we have come to the center of this particular shrubbery maze.

Think of the interesting people who post on this forum. [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] is like the greatest go to choice for everything. He is an interesting man partly because he finds others interesting and takes note of it and responds in their blogs and has conversations with others and gets to know people and learns about them. He is also interesting because he has a wide range of knowledge and life experiences that he shares with other people.

You get back what you invest in other people. If you invest little you will receive little and there is nothing to grasp at.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*takes copious notes*

It seems we have come to the center of this particular shrubbery maze.

Think of the interesting people who post on this forum. [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] is like the greatest go to choice for everything. He is an interesting man partly because he finds others interesting and takes note of it and responds in their blogs and has conversations with others and gets to know people and learns about them. He is also interesting because he has a wide range of knowledge and life experiences that he shares with other people.

You get back what you invest in other people. If you invest little you will receive little and there is nothing to grasp at.

So you're saying that in order to be interesting, I must cater to others' self-centeredness?