• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm considering in investing in cosmetic surgery...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think they look feminine. I think they have a quality of refinement that's very attractive. Refined is not synonymous with feminine.

I read what Fidelia said about anything that you think makes you look cooler, don't do it, and she's right. It goes against your look, which is shaping up to be about elegant and suave, not muscle cars and ... y'know, all testosterony, which can be scary.

Do you have a black or a dark jacket? Could you do a picture with a white or near white shirt and a dark jacket, so I can see how well you do strong contrast? From the white picture, I think you could possibly benefit from strong contrast, like black and white. But do you see in the white picture how much clearer your eyes look, and how fewer shadows or discolorations appear on your face? It's the black that was making your look kind of ... I dunno. Grim or something.

G

Glycerine

[MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION]: like this?
2011-Summer-Fashion4.jpg

What do you think about this?
27186.png

Mens-Casual-Wear-Trends.jpg

Ãœber, I take back what I said about the oval shape.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, good, I was hoping some perspicacious female would join in! Yeah, Glycerine! That's more like it!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How did you gather an elegant and suave style?

Because the shape of your face and your features has sharp points, and people with slim faces that have angular shapes in them often turn out to benefit from an understated, suave kind of style. I need to see what the rest of you looks like to be sure, but that's my impression. But already we've hit some small things that can make a big improvement -- let your hair grow out considerably and then get it styled by somebody who knows what they're doing, don't wear black near your face, and V necklines instead of round.

I noticed your nice hands in the picture you took of yourself in the car where you were holding the camera, so when you take pictures of yourself to post online at dating sites, if you happen to get your hands in them somehow, use one or two of those pics. Women notice and appreciate nice hands.

Also, look carefully in natural light at the color of the outside ring of your iris, the colored edge right before it starts to be the white of your eye. Find a shirt in that color if you can, or a color similar in value. That intensifies the difference between your iris and the whites of your eyes, so it makes your eyes come into focus.

The purpose of everything you do with dressing your upper body is to cause people to look into your face. When they are looking into your face and into your eyes, you have their attention, you can have greater impact.

Also we're talking about the principle of integration -- everything should speak the same language, so you present as a whole rather than some assemblage of parts that bear no relation to one another. So for example, if you have hair that is fine, silky, and shiny, you could wear shiny metals. If you're a woman and you have curly hair, you can echo that curl in a ruffle or wave somewhere. Or my hair, for example, is very thick and wavy, not slick and shiny, but more like a cloud of hair. I look better in matte finishes.

You want to notice what you have and then repeat it so people can see it. When everything presents as a seamless whole and has integrity, it elicits a positive reaction in the viewer.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Let your bangs grow out to just about half an inch above your eyebrows... Put a little low-hold gel in your hair and muss it around a bit. You'll look less mad scientist and more mischievous schoolboy. I would bet v-neck shirts (and collars with a button or two open) would look better on you than shirts with round necklines, especially round high necklines. I bet forest green and charcoal gray and chocolate brown and slate blue would all go well with your eyes, in shirts or sweaters. And I third Fidelia: no more macho. You'll add sex appeal by going more suave as opposed to more testosterone. You have enough rough masculinity already. You need to temper it with long, clean lines, if anything.

Considering cosmetic surgery seems ill-advised. You stand to lose a lot more than you stand to gain.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think Tilty and skylights and Glycerine have some good ideas. I had never thought about a stylist. I wish they had that sort of thing near me!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What do you mean? You've never seen my smile.

I said "why you don't smile"

If you look you will find that usually people who don't want to smile with their teeth end up not being able to look natural. They are too focused on that one thing. My husband does a pretty good job of it, actually.

My point is that you identified something you clearly don't like. Maybe do something about that thing.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I don't know if there's anything actually wrong with my smile, so I don't think that changing it will help; I'll probably hate it either way. I posted one picture of me smiling in the picture thread, but I took it down and erased it from existence because of how awkward I felt looking at it.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I might need to do a mentoplasty judging by the pics of me on the side. I've discovered that my chin recedes and it's probably what's making me so unattractive. The only thing that saves it is a goatee.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:shock:
No ... you sent me a picture of your side view, saying that you didn't like your chin. I wrote back and said ok, I could understand that, from the side view it does recede a little, and that's something you COULD have surgery about -- BUT -- you have a nice nose and your full face view is nice -- AND doing something to your chin could wreck that -- SO I don't think it warrants plastic surgery. Your profile is still nice even if your chin recedes a little.

Everybody has a less than perfect side. Some people look best in pictures looking straight at the camera, or a 3/4 view, or a profile view. Profile view is not your best side. That doesn't mean go get yourself cut on.

And nobody yet has identified something that is making you "so unattractive." You're not "so unattractive."

Young women don't seem to like facial hair on men. I'm not sure a goatee is the way to go. Maybe some other people could weigh in on this.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You take pretty awful pics of yourself and then try to judge what plastic surgery you need. In that first pic you reference as having a bad chin the picture itself is about 75% black and you can only see part of your face.

Go to a plastic surgeon and ask them what you need help with. I'm sure they would be more than happy to tell you.

I just skimmed your blog. You need to work on a lot more than your looks.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For someone with such low self-esteem, you sure are a camwhore.

EDIT: I see you're from Vegas.

Hair implants?

las-vegas-shows-carrot-top-carrot-top.jpg

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's for reference only. A guide to self improvement.

yeah, well....see edit..

honestly though, you look normal to me. If you want to look manly, grow a beard. Or shave part of your head to make it look like you're balding. Balding is a result of too much testosterone.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You take pretty awful pics of yourself and then try to judge what plastic surgery you need. In that first pic you reference as having a bad chin the picture itself is about 75% black and you can only see part of your face.

Well the one with the black background shows exactly what I want people to see: the left side of my face.

I just skimmed your blog. You need to work on a lot more than your looks.

Oh really?