• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm considering in investing in cosmetic surgery...

G

Glycerine

Grow it out. Add a little more volume to it. Figure out your face shape and look up styles for it.

EDIT: I think yours is closest to the oval.

Good luck with everything.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I doubt that my face is an oval shape because it's considered the "ideal" shape and is compatible with virtually every hairstyle.

I'm wondering if I should transform my face into a diamond shape or an inverted triangle shape?

Usehername

On a mission
But about the hair... I don't quite understand what makes a good and what makes a bad haircut. I've heard opinions about my hair, and yet no one here seems to be a stylist. If it doesn't take a stylist to say that my hair is bad, then it doesn't take a stylist to tell me how it could be improved.

Do you understand that some car parts are high quality and some car parts are low quality? Or some computer parts are high quality and some are low quality?

Hair is the same but it's art so you can't use numbers.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you need to watch all the seasons of Queer Eye for the Straight guy. <--- I know this sounds inflammatory, but I half mean it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People have had really good comments so far, but I think fidelia's is the best, so I'm re-posting it:
Uber, you are a very attractive, masculine looking guy. I think it would be terrible for you to get surgery! You seriously don't need it!

However, you sometimes come off as a bit narcissistic and insecure, which women are not going to find as attractive. You do the scary eyes thing in most pictures I have seen of you (bid for attention? I don't think it's unawareness, as more than one person in the picture thread has commented...), you purposely express controversial opinions to attract attention to you, most conversation is centred around you rather than involving equal back and forth interchange, and you don't seem happy with your life as it stands. If you want people to respond differently to you, the change that needs to occur is internal, not external. The good news about that is that it's considerably cheaper. The bad news is that it involves more work than just buying a surgery to fix your problems.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
your personality is the problem, not your appearance. you give off a vibe that has nothing to do with your facial structure and will not be altered by surgery.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if I did have a bad personality, that's something I'm afraid I cannot change, but typically, a better appearance makes up for that, whether you consciously believe so or not.

Maybe I should have someone Photoshop basic ideal physical traits on my pics.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think when people say "personality," I think they are describing how you have interacted with people... not intrinsic traits like MBTi.

IOW, it's stuff you can learn to do differently, which might help people feel that you are engaging them and care about them more. it is stuff that any type can do.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think this thread has given me a much better understanding of what the inside of Michael Jackson's head was like. :shock:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I should ask the scale of 1-10 question to determine if I need plastic surgery.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
So in other words you're looking for the quick fix? It just seems to me that where there's insecury, there seems to be an inherent belief that a change in appearance, circumstances, or people in one's life will suddenly transform it. You are the only one that can make that difference, because it is mostly centred around your outlook and the way you experience everything around you.

If you are content and resilient yourself, the world is going to look like a decent place and you can find happiness, even when your circumstances are difficult. If you aren't content or resilient, you will also find yourself mistrustful of people at the same time as wanting acceptance from them. At the same time, you will continue doing exactly what is not working for you.

You will only want people in your life if you can remain in control of the interaction, and most people just don't respond well to that. It is difficult to be happy for anyone's success, because everything is a competition. When you start getting closer to someone, you do something to sabatage it.

You need to be able to care for other people's needs as well as allowing yours to be taken care of. That requires taking the risk of being vulnerable and building trust. It is not instant, and it does make it possible for you to get hurt, but if you don't start working on it now, it will delay your happiness that many years longer.

Again, I really don't know your specific circumstances, but from what I do know of you, you seem to exhibit some of those symptoms, and I can imagine that it makes life a little lonely. A new face really isn't going to make people respond differently to you.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Maybe I should ask the scale of 1-10 question to determine if I need plastic surgery.

A superficial woman too concerned with your looks would be more impressed if you spent that money on a more visible form of peacocking; like a nicer car, nicer apartment/house, clothing, etc. Plastic surgery for men is a sign of insecurity, you want to portray confidence.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
A superficial woman too concerned with your looks would be more impressed if you spent that money on a more visible form of peacocking; like a nicer car, nicer apartment/house, clothing, etc. Plastic surgery for men is a sign of insecurity, you want to portray confidence.
what he says

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if I did have a bad personality, that's something I'm afraid I cannot change, but typically, a better appearance makes up for that, whether you consciously believe so or not.

Maybe I should have someone Photoshop basic ideal physical traits on my pics.

I don't think the personality you display here is how you are when you're alone at home, when you aren't trying to get attention.

Even if it is, an unhealthy mind can become healthy, whether it comes naturally with time, from introspection, from therapy, from maturation, or from fixing underlying physiological issues with medicine. You can also improve the filter for what you share with the world, although someone you date will eventually see past the filter anyway.

As an obvious example, I might date an ugly guy who was interesting, but would never date even a gorgeous racist. And that's using "date" extremely loosely - I'd probably avoid any contact at all. That's an example of personality being offputting where the trait isn't so much an inherent thing someone is born with but something they picked up along the way - and therefore may be changed.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fidelia makes a lot of valuable points, uber.
Forget about surgery.

How you perceive yourself externally will cumulatively change, the more you work on the internal. None of us are hard wired to behave and think a certain way; that's the beauty of neuroplasticity. It's just a long process. But a worthwhile one.

I have some very significant body image problems, and despite what others say, it never changed how I saw myself. Positive attention based on appearance alone was never able to be held as valuable. I still lacked the capacity to value myself. It's still something I'm working on. It's different for everyone, but anything pertaining to internal growth always takes a lot of time, pain, and conscious effort. But it is worth it. I still have a long way to go, but I wouldn't trade my current development for all the free surgery in the universe. Simply put, only we can change how our brains see. Only we can find and foster that kind of internal peace.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why don't you research men's fashion, and pick out a look you like?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But about the hair... I don't quite understand what makes a good and what makes a bad haircut. I've heard opinions about my hair, and yet no one here seems to be a stylist. If it doesn't take a stylist to say that my hair is bad, then it doesn't take a stylist to tell me how it could be improved.

i managed a nice lil high end salon for years...and i'm telling you...a nice haircut makes a whole lot of difference.

go to a higher end neighborhood and check out their salons and make an apt.
get a chemical peel, microdermabrasian etc
go to some of the nicer mens stores around and buy nice clothes.

plastic surgery could go horribly wrong and become a total nightmare.

look to magazines and/or tv and film for inspiration.

i would definitely go the understated route with you. nice fitted jeans and pants with nice shirts...really good shoes.
watch that show where the gay guys makeover the straight guys haha is that still on?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Getting fit will make more difference than plastic surgery. You'll feel more confident and it will show outwardly.