• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

spotting but worst

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok so everytime i get my period it starts and stop and i don't mean spotting i mean it will go pretty heavy for a day stop completely than start up again the next day this goes on for a week. should I be concerned?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you on hormonal bc?

I refuse to take hormones because they made my periods weird, and caused other issues.

Are you saying that you just bleed heavily, but then stop and start again? Because sometimes when I have my period it will be super-argh-I-hate-life-heavy then seem to almost disappear, then re-appear but more lightly, before finally stopping. Typically this happens over the course of five days, but I think there have been times where it's lasted six or seven.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i am not on bc

Okay so is this your period, or is it between periods? Between periods would be a problem. Otherwise you just may bleed heavily for a day or two, quit almost, and then bleed medium to light before actually stopping. That wouldn't be strange for an actual period.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no it doesn't stop almost it does stop completely. and yes it's during my period

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
This sounds fairly typical to me. Think of your period like a tap that gets turned on and off, rather than a faucet that's dripping constantly. This makes it normal for you to have some heavy flow at the beginning, with a cessation for a few hours, than some more flow, then cessation, more flow etc. The flow then typically tapers off for the last few days until ... your period is over.

When you say your periods last for a week though, would you say a 5 day week or a 7 day one? If your periods are lasting longer than 7 days with this pattern, and you have a pretty heavy flow throughout (soaking more than a pad a day, esp beyond the second day), to me that would warrant a check-up at the gynecologist's office.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Sounds pretty normal. Usually for me, the first day and second days are fairly heavy flow (regular tampons changed several times throughout the day), then it quits almost entirely for a couple of days and then there is a little bit of leftover stuff for a day or two that is fairly light, interspersed with the odd bit of fresher blood - enough to require wearing something, but not very heavy at all. Seems to be similar for most people I ever remember discussing it with, although that's not a huge sample section of the population.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, well within normal. If you're worried ask your doctor at your next checkup, not people on the internet.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yep, well within normal. If you're worried ask your doctor at your next checkup, not people on the internet.

noooo you always accuse me of stuff, i was asking if it was abnormal so i know if i should make an appointment or not.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
You're good. No need for doctors right now. How's that?