• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weather and Mood

Mia.

No, my mood hardly ever fluctuates for any reason, but my ESTJ has seasonal affective disorder, and he has a very hard time when it the sun goes away for any length of time. He gets crabby and snappy and despondent. We acquired one of those lamps, but it didn't seem to help in a noticeable way. If I tickle him that helps.

He's cute even when grumpy. :)

Last edited:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He gets crabby and snappy and despondent. We acquired one of those lamps, but it didn't seem to help in a noticeable way. If I tickle him that helps.

Haha! That's awesome you remedy him! I'd imagine it as a lot to do with you being how you are in addition to tickling him...

Very few people can bring someone out of a bad mood...You must be one of them :)

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The weather influence my mood so much. All of it is so suggestive of themes. Every little aspect of my surrounding influences my mood, too. If it's a hot afternoon and the sky is cloudless and I see a contrail, there's a feeling of isolation and drifting combined with a feeling of stifling and chaotic heat. If it's a winter morning and I see a contrail, I get a mood of dissociation and isolation. And frequently the weather just reminds me of particularly strong memories I've had in similar weather (and the themes which dominated those moments).

The moods they create almost always make me happy because moods are interesting.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I am solar powered but I like cloudy days if they have mood to them, not flat grey.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I am solar powered, I like cloudy days only if they have some ambiance and are not flat grey.

Mood can change in winter when my sun is absent too long.

Mia.

Haha! That's awesome you remedy him! I'd imagine it as a lot to do with you being how you are in addition to tickling him...

Very few people can bring someone out of a bad mood...You must be one of them :)

Hehe, thanks. Sometimes it doesn't work, but usually at least one of the tricks I have up my sleeve does the job.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, my mood hardly ever fluctuates for any reason, but my ESTJ has seasonal affective disorder, and he has a very hard time when it the sun goes away for any length of time. He gets crabby and snappy and despondent. We acquired one of those lamps, but it didn't seem to help in a noticeable way. If I tickle him that helps.

He's cute even when grumpy. :)
Has he ever had a blood test to check his vitamin D level? Just a thought.

Mia.

He has blood tests on a very regular basis, but I doubt they are specifically testing his vitamin D level. It's a good thought, thanks.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

Most white americans shouldn't have problems with vitamin D, considering that the largest part of the US is below the 45th parallel (ofc I assume people do go outside). However, blacks might have more issues...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has your mood ever changed because of the weather?

No, I've never personally experienced seasonal or weather-related mood changes but I have seen it happen to others so I know it's real.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its hot and sunny right now where I am. My room is heating up from the greenhouse effect. Hot weather reduces my powah significantly. I become sluggish and despondent. Cold weather can be unpleasant too but at least it doesn't reduce performance, as heat does for me.

I'm going to start rubbing my arms with cold water all the time as I did the summer before last, if it gets that hot.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weather affects me if the overall climate isn't something that suits me well. Example: I lived in Minnesota for 9 years after college, and the intense winters and chronic lack of sunlight began taking a toll as the years went on.

It was one reason when I moved, I was very excited to be moving to a location that had the greatest number of sunny days a year in the U.S., and milder winters; and I gotta say, after being here almost 3 years, my overall mood is noticeably improved compared to how it had become when in Minnesota. Of course there are other factors too, but weather is a component.

That said, if the 'baseline' climate is to my liking, then I definitely, absolutely love and appreciate daily changes / the seasons. I appreciate/like the cloudy and rainy days, and love living somewhere that actually has 4 seasons and temp changes. Sun is important to me though....

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
It's not so much mood changes as it is discomfort and annoyance with weather/seasons that make me tired and grumpy. I dislike hot weather (>75F), especially if its humid. I'm almost always uncomfortable, can't sleep well in it, etc. At the other extreme, cold doesn't really bother me much. I really enjoy cool weather (highs in the 50's-low 60's), when the sun goes down at around 6-7pm. Rain/no rain, cloudy/sunny, etc. don't really matter much to me. I don't really enjoy seasonal changes -- unless summer is ending and fall is coming... but I'd prefer year-round fall weather in a heartbeat.

ArghJo

MBTI Type
IxxP
Instinctual Variant
sp
ALWAYS. When it rains, I'm garanteed to be in a much worse mood then I am on a sunny day. I'm always depressed when it's raining, especially when I know I have to go catch the bus and go to school. BLEHHH ; _; Why can't it be sunny already?!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Weather changes don't really effect me that much. It's when I don't see the sun for a month that starts to eat away at my sanity.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
rain doesn't really effect me one way or the other. heat on the other hand makes me cranky I hate summer for that reason.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
when it gets super hot, above 34 celcius,
and i have to be outside or stuck in traffic.
i get super grumpy.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I enjoy a nice sunny day sometimes, as long as the temperature is cool. Otherwise, I prefer "bad weather" of any type. I try to plan wilderness backpacking trips when the weather will be the worst.

Persistent winds blowing on me can make me feel irritable.
Evidently its not just me.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/local/central/wind-could-be-linked-to-anger-and-crime
I wonder if it's due to wind noise disrupting sleep? Maybe people with wind chimes are more affected?

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wonder if it's due to wind noise disrupting sleep? Maybe people with wind chimes are more affected?
:) I like wind chimes.

Its not due to noise for me. Its more about the feeling of it. Supposedly the wind's disturbing effect has to do with positive ion disruption.