• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Skin care: tips, products, experiences, etc

LucidLegend1984

MBTI Type
INTJ
I eat about 5 handfuls of pistachios a day.

Any nut is good for you. Almonds have the highest in natural Vitamin E and wlanuts have high amounts of B vitamins which is good for stress. The less stress you have the better your skin will be.

Plus nuts in general will slim you up.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I have shitty skin. I'm almost 25, and my pores are constantly clogged and black heads and pimples are a normal routine. It hasn't changed since I hit puberty at all. I'd hoped it would, but it hasn't.

Things I use that keep it down to a minimum:
- Exfoliate: I use a washcloth when I wash my face off, and I use This stuff. Vivo Facial peel. Its the only thing that gets enough dead skin and muck off.
- Wash: I try to wash twice a day. If I don't, I at least use a stridex pad to get some of the muck off if I was in too much of hurry. I wash my face with an all natural bar of soap handmade from Prairielandherbs.com a tea tree and peppermint one. I also use a Pore Purifying cleanser from YG labs.
- Tone: I use YG Labs for that too, the toner to go with the wash.
- Moisturize: I generally just use an oil free moisturizer from YG labs. Anything else is too heavy and I shine at a moments notice.
- Spot treatment: Whatever cheap clear one I can wear in the day. At night I use this pink stuff that looks like pepto bismol and smells like sulfur, its a drying agent and it helps if I'm developing bigger pimples. Im prone to them too.
- Mask: Again YG. My dad sells the stuff so I get it for free, so thats what I use.

My shins have eczema, which make them a pain in the ass to shave. Im trying more permanent hair loss solutions for them, but for now I just use a shit ton of anti-itch lotion and cry. :laugh:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Alright so the flaky, red Retin-A skin has finally hit. Anyone have an idea of how long this is likely to last? It sure makes makeup look strange. I've been using AHA to unglue the bits of flakiness and it has helped a little.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have hidradenitis suppurativa, so my skin care is on a whole other level. I have to shower sometimes 5+ times a day, and am limited to strictly antibacterial soaps. Hibiclens is the best, in my opinion.

Mia.

I'm ultra pale with red undertones to my brown hair, so my skin care revolves around keeping the effects of the sun away. I don't tan evenly, well, or attractively. I also do not see tanning as really "me." I wear heavy-duty sunscreen obviously, wear opera gloves in the car when I'm driving, use big sun hats, and occasionally use a parasol if I know I'm going to be directly in the sun.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
i'm a diehard fan of the clarisonic too, and i also use the mia.
it's done wonders for the texture of my skin, and is magical
at removing make up.

i use the shu uemura cleansing oil.
10115_lg.jpg

those two are seriously the best combo.

i also use an Australian product a plastic surgeon recommended to me, they have AHAs (glycolic acid), Vitamin C, Vitamin A, antioxidants and a slew of other things, but their clearskin gel, facial cleanser and then glycolic scrub are amazing.

I usually swap my shu uemura cleanser and my ASAP cleanser to get a great skin cleansing effect.

I also adore their Clearskin Gel, it getsrid of any imperfections i have and seems to reduce my wrinkles and the pigmetation of my facial freckles. (much to JJJ's horror that i'm getting rid of them)

Thumbnail.aspx

Clearskin Gel
Glycolic Acid (AHAs)
Lactic Acid
Salicylic Acid (Willowbark)
Green Tea

i also use SK-II Facial Essence Treatment which clears my skin tone nicely and their Hydrating UV cream as i'm a fair blonde/ranga, gotta protect that skin! Plus it's light and just melts in.

The only other thing i use is Prescriptives Super Line Preventer.

Sadly, i'm now dun-dun-duuunnnnn! Early 30's, so apparently i now have permanent wrinkles i would like to kill.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clay... of the green variety. You can buy it dried, completely natural, just add water, use as a mask. Works for me.

H

Hate

Can someone give me some tips on how to reduce dark circles from under my eyes?

*serious question

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Get a decent amount of sleep, check if you have allergies that are making the problem worse, don't rub your eyes. Those cooling roller ball eye treatment sticks (I think Garnier makes some) are supposed to help.

Certain skin types though seem to be more prone to dark circles. I had a couple of Italian and Portuguese friends had a lot of trouble with it. Do you think that it's lifestyle or heredity? Treatment varies depending on which it is.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have sensitive skin so it's hard to trust products that won't dehydrate my face. For cleansers, I use Skin Food (very high rated Korean skincare line). The product I have is called Wildberry Milk Cleansing Foam and it makes my skin feel so soft afterwards. It's very effective for acne.
As an alternate, I also use the cleanser from First Aid Beauty. The Skin Food cleanser is more hydrating than FAB, but FAB is half the price!

For moisturizers, I'm currently using Shisheido's Night Moisture Recharge and Day Moisture Protection SPF15. I'm very happy with the night cream, it's not heavy at all and is enough to do the job. The day cream, I have yet to get used to (and haven't used enough to really give a fair review).

These companies should be paying me for promoting their stuff lol but hey maybe I can help someone out there...

In respose to pistachios by the way, which are probably my favourite nut ever, I generally do avoid eating nuts due to their high omega 6 content. I find when I indulge in too much, I get pimples and bad digestion. It's way too easy to get carried away with nuts.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Can someone give me some tips on how to reduce dark circles from under my eyes?

*serious question

frozen spoon. stick in freezer. get it cold.
then place the curved side under your eyes.
leave till spoon goes to room temp.

long term is to drink lots of water.
and use rind finger to dab/pat moisturizer
on the area. (that's why you see a lot of women
also put cucumbers on their eyes) but moisturizer
is just as effective.

part of what makes it dark is also because
it's a very sensitive area and dries easily.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
frozen spoon. stick in freezer. get it cold.
then place the curved side under your eyes.
leave till spoon goes to room temp.

long term is to drink lots of water.
and use rind finger to dab/pat moisturizer
on the area. (that's why you see a lot of women
also put cucumbers on their eyes) but moisturizer
is just as effective.

part of what makes it dark is also because
it's a very sensitive area and dries easily.

This works for reducing bags, and maybe some kinds of dark circles, but for the dark purple blood vessel circles it does absolutely nothing (at least for me). Sleep also doesn't make much difference (they get a bit worse if I'm very very low on sleep, maybe) and I have no allergies at all.

Heavy concealer is the only thing that unzombifies me.