• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Grey hair

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
How old were you when you first noticed your grey hair? Does it bother you?

I noticed yesterday i had 2 grey hairs and i'm only 32, lol. Maybe this is normal but it got me thinking. I see men with grey hair and it doesn't faze me in the slightest, if anything i get turned on by it as i associate grey hair with wisdom and maturity (may need to alter this perception) yet with regards to myself, i see it as another reason that i'm fast approaching the scrap heap.

Thoughts?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found a grey (white) hair in my eyebrow a few months ago (25)! that was pretty funny.

Haven't noticed any white hairs on my head, but I have many very light blonde hairs mixed in with the darker brown hairs so it'd be hard to tell, I think. I don't think it will bother me. I'm more worried about things like joint pain.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My first white eyebrow hair was a few years ago and was much more distressing than my first grey hair on my head. I think you're probably doing pretty good Samsara if you are only finding two grey hairs now when you're 32. Many people get some grey hairs even in their late teens and eary 20s.

I don't really have enough to dye my hair, and I don't want to be bothered with the upkeep or the potential health hazards. On the other hand, I'm getting enough that it's no longer a good idea to pull them out like I used to. (Yeah, I know, I know!).

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I noticed my first around 27-28, I think. I think late to mid twenties for a grey hair or a few is totally average and normal. I'm now 32 and I think I have quite a few more now - not loads, not very noticeable, but they're there. However, I have been highlighting my hair the last few years as well so it seems a lot of them disappear into that.

I'm certainly not happy about it, but it's not something that troubles me too much as long as they're not massively noticeable. I find a little grey hair on men attractive too - kinda unfair, since grey hairs and wrinkles are never a good thing for women. [MENTION=6202]Samsara[/MENTION], I agree though that automatically associating grey hair on men with maturity and wisdom can be a big fat mistake. ;)

A

Anew Leaf

I am 33 about to turn 34 and I have no gray hairs other than the occasional white eyebrow hair which is bizarre to find. I got sort of lucky geneticly... my maternal grandmother and mom didn't start going gray until their late 30's, and my paternal grandmother had brown hair with some gray up until her mid 70's.

gray hair doesn't really bother me much, at least in theory. on the plus side it means i am that much closer to becoming a cranky old man like my grandfather... well sans penis but you get the idea.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've got many grey hairs, if my father is any indication then I should have Albert Einstein hair before I'm 50. If my uncle is any indicator then I will have a bald crown by 45 and sprout a hippy pony tail. I'm more worried about the second situation. As a man I just couldn't deal with the coloring my hair thing, it's just not an option. I it is common enough for women to dye their hairs to even just flattering shades of their natural color. If you start now, you'll never find out how grey you are.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was 22 the first time someone else pointed out some of my gray hairs (I'd noticed a few myself a couple of years before). Stilly, my mom grayed early, so it wasn't a shock.

Sadly at 43 I'm kind of in the patchy in-between stage as far as gray in my beard goes. Otherwise haven't minded going gray early too much.

Although when people say "It looks distinguished!" I always reply, "Yes, it distinguishes me from a young person."

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I was 18 the first time I noticed that I was getting gray hair... well, specifically, a woman in my biology class tapped me on the shoulder and pointed it out to me :dry:.

These days a fair amount of my hair is gray, but it's well-dispersed, and almost comes across like my hair's simply getting lighter in color unless I look closely. Or I'm deluding myself :p.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
age 20... which is not cool because I have very dark hair and it definitely stands out... I blame my dad, since he's the parent who brings such traits :thelook:

lucky me... hair dye exists and my eyebrows are still the same color as they should be (well... the ones that I still have after the grill attacked me :cry:)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am 31 right now and every once in a while I may find one in my mustache, but thats about it. My dad started going grey in 40s I think and my mom may have a few and she is in mid 50s.

wolfy

awsm
I was around thirty, started going grey around the temples. Now I am 42 and it is slowly working its way up. Doesn't bother me.

93JC

Many people get some grey hairs even in their late teens and early 20s.

:hi:

I noticed a few when I was about 20. A few years later I have a handful more. Not many, but they're there.

If I don't notice them I can rely on my mother to point them out. :dry:

My parents are in their mid-fifties and both are grey-haired. My dad has steadily greyed since he was in his late thirties and I can't remember a time when my mom didn't dye her hair to cover up the greys.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I noticed my first gray hairs in my mid-twenties. Back then it was just one or two. Now at 33 I have a bit more. I do dye my hair to cover it up. I probably don't have enough to necessitate doing it but it's something I'm self-conscious about. I otherwise look young for my age, so the gray hairs look even more out of place. I always thought if you're under 40, you're too young to go gray. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thanks for sharing guys, it's nice to know i'm not alone. I like dying my hair but i'm not going to dye it just to get rid of a few grey straggly bits.

I never considered the idea of grey eyebrows, oh that is something to look forward to, lol.

:D

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Some people like to go with highlights until it gets more grey. Helps camouflage grey bits.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm 20 years old woman and still don't have any grey hair, but I think of not dying my hair when it turns grey. Is here any woman who keeps their hair natural even when it turns grey? '-'

F

figsfiggyfigs

I hope I got my mom's genes; she's in her late 50s and hasn't greyed yet. I have a fear of wrinkles and grey hair.

I thought I got a grey hair last summer, I would describe what happens next, but let's just say it was very dramatic.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I noticed in the past year that my hair is getting more sandy-brown than red. Then I started to notice a few white hairs here and there. My hair is so thick that if they are there, they go unnoticed for the most part. I have to hunt them down.

I can't wait until I'm an old lady and I have all this thick white hair on my head. :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My first white eyebrow hair was a few years ago and was much more distressing than my first grey hair on my head.

So true! I didn't get any gray hair until probably 41-42 but gray eyebrows maybe 38. The color I have done is nearly identical to my natural color with occasional peek a boo highlights and I never had many gray hairs, I just didn't want to deal with them.