• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need a diet but I love food.

Lark

I should have a 37 inch waist, so the government ads say, I've got a 42 inch waist I think.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Do you exercise a lot? If not, that might be your best bet to lose weight and still enjoy the food you like. After trying a bunch of different methods, I've found success by loading up on vegetables and fruit early in the day so that I'm not hungry later on when I most want to eat poorly. I'm normally not hungry for anything until midafternoon, but by forcing myself to eat well in the morning, I delay and dilute Ravenous Effem that emerges at dinnertime.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you also love soda and/or other sugary drinks, quitting that is a good start. Most people don't realize how many calories they get from drinks.

I'm personally a fan of paleo or ketogenic diets because it seems easier to eat tasty food, but all it really comes down to is ingesting a low enough amount of calories.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the man, who loves the biggest loser, bought their book 6 weeks to a healthier you and has been sticking to the diet prescribed by it (and exercise)... he's lost quite a bit of weight and the diet involves A LOT of food... and it's actually surprisingly tasty as well :laugh:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, you could stuff your face with all the food you love and wash it down with a whole bottle of vodka. That way you can enjoy the taste of your favorite food one last time (going in both directions) before you completely lose your appetite for it.

Then just eat salad afterwards.

And if you drink pop, switching to diet pop (if you haven't already) can help you lose weight really quick. It tastes funny at first but you get used to it, and then regular pop tastes like syrup.

Sure aspartame causes brain damage, saccharin causes cancer, but wouldn't you rather have that than the fatness that sugar causes?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well if you love good healthy stuffs...i see no issue...otherwise...learn to.

V

violaine

You have to trick yourself a little. Make yourself fill up on healthily prepared vegetables, fruit, wholegrains etc first before you allow yourself to eat what your tastebuds crave. I think it's helpful to remember that we often allow mouth hunger, i.e. the way food tastes and feels, to dominate our appetite. If you wait until you are really hungry before you eat, you're more likely to eat food that your mouth craves.

Another tip is to make sure you don't have your home stocked with food that you know you shouldn't be eating. It helps to shop when you are full rather than when you are hungry. Cut the temptation off at the root by not buying tempting but unhealthy food. IMO, it's just about developing healthy patterns and the results will follow. I don't think it's advisable to diet strictly unless you are at immediate risk for health problems. Better to be moderate and introduce change gradually.

I second finding an exercise you enjoy and to do that first thing in the morning. It will set you up for a day where you are ahead of the game right away and your motivation is flowing in a healthy direction, rather than having a day that feels like a battle of wills between your healthy intentions and your unhealthy cravings.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I used a 400 calorie per meal guideline to help me lose and maintain. I also get 3-4 days worth of exercise (treadmill and weights). This worked very well for me and I also kept an eye on the carbs. Men will need a little more but not if you are sedentary. I actually bought the 400 calorie fix book and the cookbook but there is plenty online for free.

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/400-calorie-fix/

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need to drop some more pounds too, I need to try and summon the willpower once again. It's important to change your thinking. It's not so much getting on a diet, but changing your diet. This is forever, unless what you eat is fine and you just want to drop down a few pounds and go back to maintaining.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
You have to change your eating habits most of the time and go for the good stuff only occasionally. You can lose weight just by dieting, but it requires more discipline than if you include exercise in the plan. The best place to start is to stop drinking beer/alcohol and cut back on hidden fat and sugar, like in coffee or pastries. snack on nuts or outmeal or fruit. Don't eat until full. budget your pleasures over the week rather than eating willy-nilly. Try to walk a few miles each day too. Often these little things will make enough difference by themselves.

Darkéy

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, if you're not getting any food when you diet, you're doing it wrong! ;)

Edit: Everything in moderation blah etc yadda yadda.

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's no reason why you can't totally eliminate your favorite foods. Moderation is the key. Of course if you are mostly consuming unhealthy food now, you are going to have to eat much less of it than you're accustomed to. I think once you start eating healthier things, you actually find them tastier over time and craving the junk less.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the man, who loves the biggest loser, bought their book 6 weeks to a healthier you and has been sticking to the diet prescribed by it (and exercise)... he's lost quite a bit of weight and the diet involves A LOT of food... and it's actually surprisingly tasty as well :laugh:

I am gonna have to try that. Its hard to pass up A LOT of food thats tasty AND healthy :doh:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Move around and dont eat too much crappy stuff or do some similar topic to what fireshield did on relationship forum, but complaining about how lazy you are and how its impossible to choose healthier food over crap food..

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Step 1...STOP calling the "junk" food "good" food. There are lots of healthy good food. It just takes time and patience to find them.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You can eat anything and lose weight, and don't eat one thing excessively. It's called portion control, something that at least America is very, very bad at.