• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

wtf?!?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably a case of synaesthesia.

F

figsfiggyfigs

You must've looked CRAZY.

It's possible there is something off with your ears. I highly suggest you see a doctor about it anyways.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was standing in the meeting room this morning at work interrogating a new person on something for educational purposes and all of the sudden I heard flapping in one ear and had the sensation that something large was flying at my head... to the point where I ducked and then felt rather silly... the same damned thing happened 3 more times in the next 10 minutes and then a couple of other times scattered throughout the day... each time it sounded like something was flying at the right side of my head, getting closer and closer :unsure:

I know that I'm in good health... I had my annual checkup a couple of weeks ago and was deemed impressively healthy... I don't think that I'm going crazy since I realized quite clearly that it wasn't real. WTF? :thelook:

I would definitely go see a doctor if I were you.
My Mom has issues with her vestibular system, and has had difficulty with balance, and also "displaced" sensations of sound/perception.
I don't know what the therapy was to remedy it but something helped her out, as it really was driving her batshit when it set in.
It's re-occurred since then but never at the same severity as before.
I hope you find some relief soon and that you can return to interrogating new recruits without any hindrances ASAP. :2ar15:

:hug:

-Alex

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fortunately the noise sensations have almost stopped, unfortunately they have been replaced by the odd feeling that someone is touching me... I'm half wondering if I should see a doctor or a shrink :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I always.feel like someones touching me or bugs crawlinv on me so you're not alone

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fortunately the noise sensations have almost stopped, unfortunately they have been replaced by the odd feeling that someone is touching me... I'm half wondering if I should see a doctor or a shrink :laugh:

First go to an MD and then see what he or she recommends from there. Are you taking any medication?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) has a hallucinatory effect.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I was thinking some weird form of motion sickness but I don't even know how that feels...so yeah!

I've watched enough TV to know that you should really go get checked out...perception stuff could be an indication of your nerve cells (read: brain) going through puberty or something way more dangerous.

gromit

likes this
Yeah seems weird/unusual enough to warrant a quick doctor visit or at least call your doctor's office to see what they recommend.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You said you didn't have a head cold but all I can think about is sinuses. Maybe an eardrum issue or ear infection or some other unknown ear problem.

Or tuberculosis..
or leprosy.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
it could be lupus, but it's never lupus, but there was a billboard saying that you could have lupus. i swear I saw it in san francisco and I laughed to myself

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, that sounds like stage IV whateveritis....
They will need to put you in the isolation chamber I think.

oh. And someone IS touching you btw. It's part of the disease (symptomless until stage four when a bird flies to your ear ominously and somebody starts touching you day and night.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it could be lupus, but it's never lupus, but there was a billboard saying that you could have lupus. i swear I saw it in san francisco and I laughed to myself

It isn't lupus until you dismissively brush the possibility of lupus aside. Then it probably is lupus.