• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Treat your feet

Lark

What do you do to treat your feet?

Is there any routine you have or do you use any treatments?

What's best for your feet and what's worst for them?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I got a tub soak machine one year for christmas, so once a month or so I bust that out. and soak them for a while.. Then I take a heel-to-toe sloughing mask and put that on and massage all the nasty away.

Once a week or so I try to exfoliate the tough parts (I have callouses from combat boots that just won't go away), clip my nails down and clean underneath the bit that's left, and put WAY too much foot lotion on them and slip socks over them so it soaks in overnight.

Everyday in the shower I take time to ensure I scrub my feet with a washcloth, dry them real good and give them the evening to air out and dry out. When I'm in the army I powder them everytime I take off shoes or put on shoes since my feet don't get as much time to breathe there. I also try to rotate shoes as much as possible so that I'm never always in the same pair of shoes to give them a day to air out as well.

That's about it though..

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Professional pedicures every 2 weeks, all year. In between I use a pumice stone and Heel to Toe products.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't do anything. I probably should, I guess. But they're just feet, they don't need to be beautiful.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mine are so gross right now bc I lost my toenails playing soccer.

:sick:

Sorry to hear about your...loss

Have you guys ever seen dancer's feet? Truly grody.

Since I do a lot of pilates and 'dance' I do stretching and strengthening exercises for my feet and toes. If you rock climb you'll also need to do that. Or wear high heels often. Once in a while I'll get a foot massage. I get pedicures about 1x a month. I stopped trying to scrub my feet clean during showers because I walk around the house barefoot and they inevitably get dirty again. Once in a while I'll make a half hearted attempt to slather my feet with lotion and put socks on at night.

Now that I am so much more feet intensive with my exercise the woman who does my nails told me that part of my toe had blackened and casually informed me that "your toenail might fall off". :shock: So far, so good though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't do anything. I probably should, I guess. But they're just feet, they don't need to be beautiful.

It's about foot health. And nowadays I regret the fact that I didn't treat my feet better when I was younger. But back then of course when there were no problems I thought everything would last forever.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I run miles and miles or weight lifting. I walk around barefoot in the house, (and in general) and I am a nurse. These treatments are so amazing that my feet are like solid leather, and I don't even really need shoes. Hot tar in the summer is just a bonus.

(In all seriousness, I'm practically flat footed, so staying away from high arches is good, and I wear expensive asics sneakers and try to replace them frequently, that's for my knees and such too though. )