• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seasonal affective lights

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone have experience with one? I keep having to go to a tanning bed (wearing spf six for a little protection) every few days this time of year to stay awake. Otherwise I am sleeping over 12 hours and spend my waking hours just functioning. I don't really want to trade current depression for future melanoma, and I'm not at all productive without light, so I think it's time to purchase one of those lights. Any good brands out there?

Mole

Permabanned
Vitamin D and Sunshine

Anyone have experience with one? I keep having to go to a tanning bed (wearing spf six for a little protection) every few days this time of year to stay awake. Otherwise I am sleeping over 12 hours and spend my waking hours just functioning. I don't really want to trade current depression for future melanoma, and I'm not at all productive without light, so I think it's time to purchase one of those lights. Any good brands out there?

Dear shortnsweet, as your Sun leaves you in winter to summer in Australia, you receive much less of the Sun's rays, and so you produce far less vitamin D. This can be remedied with a 1,000 milligrams of vitamin D every day in the form of a little pill.

So if you take your vitamin D over your winter, I promise to send the Sun back to you in time for summer.

Would I lie to you, dear shortnsweet? We have the Sun here and I promise to send it back just in time for summer.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dear shortnsweet, as your Sun leaves you in winter to summer in Australia, you receive much less of the Sun's rays, and so you produce far less vitamin D. This can be remedied with a 1,000 milligrams of vitamin D every day in the form of a little pill.

So if you take your vitamin D over your winter, I promise to send the Sun back to you in time for summer.

Would I lie to you, dear shortnsweet? We have the Sun here and I promise to send it back just in time for summer.

No, it's not a vitamin D issue, it's a melatonin issue. Need to take melatonin nightly in the summer and get light daily in the winter. (and yes, I take D3.) I need a light.

S

SingSmileShine

I hope you're feeling better, shortnsweet! That happens to me this time of year, too - I'm always so tired that even when I'm awake (which is rare) I'm ready to collapse in exhaustion. I hope you feel more lively, and have a very happy new year!

Plus, being tired constantly can also be a sign of depression or some other ailment - I know that's a far stretch, but for me I'm never "just tired".

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I wish I knew more about good brands etc too. I know that one of the biggest problems is actualoly spending enough time in front of the light once you get it. They have hats with lights or something crazy so that you can still get stuff done while you are getting the light you need. I got overwhelmed with too much information and gave up after a bit.

Have you ever checked out those alarm clocks that wake you up gradually by slowly flooding the room with light, much like a sunrise? I'm interested in getting one of those, as I find it much, much easier to wake up as soon as the days start getting longer and the light comes in in the morning.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I knew more about good brands etc too. I know that one of the biggest problems is actualoly spending enough time in front of the light once you get it. They have hats with lights or something crazy so that you can still get stuff done while you are getting the light you need. I got overwhelmed with too much information and gave up after a bit.

Have you ever checked out those alarm clocks that wake you up gradually by slowly flooding the room with light, much like a sunrise? I'm interested in getting one of those, as I find it much, much easier to wake up as soon as the days start getting longer and the light comes in in the morning.

im not that person, but i totally recommend those!
i had every winter seasonal affective disorder which caused depression, especially at mornings.
i felt every morning, that id rather die than wake up into the depressive constant darkness, until i got one of those to make waking op much more pleasany.

still, i too have meatonin issue.

offtopic: just now, i see sun first time for months! eh, i directly looked at it as i was so surprised <.<
silly me >.<

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Reviving this thread. Anyone have light brand recommendations?