• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need so advice

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I got a good amount of someones blood in my mouth while rolling in Jiu-jitsu on Sunday should I go and see a doctor asap? I'm a little paranoid.

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
You're probably fine. If you have a cut or abrasion on your lips or inside your mouth you should get some blood work done to make sure. Also, ask the person about it. If they don't have anything dangerous, they won't be offended, and if they do then it's worth being direct to know about it.

wolfy

awsm
This was posted almost three days ago and you're not dead. I saw you posting today, or at least I saw your posts, I didn't actually see you posting. That'd just be scary.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm glad you're fine but, posting this is like. I broke my leg please help random internet stranger i see the bone poking out not sure if i should go to the ER or not.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Go get some blood drawn, why not. I seriously doubt you caught anything, but if it's going to be on your mind, may as well put your concerns to rest.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you are still worried, I'd recommend the rapid saliva HIV test, if that is what you are most worried about, and it takes 6 weeks after exposure (i think) to develop antibodies which would be detected on the test. Hep B and Hep C, I'm not sure, you'd have to google it or call the health dept.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Don't be so rough next time. Geez. ;)

Go a physician or urgent care, and they'll know what and when to test.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I was reading somewhere online that swallowing blood isn't all that bad because the saliva kills the virus HIV is usually sexually transmitted I still haven't gotten tested. I'm going to go do a regular physical soon though.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Don't be so rough next time. Geez. ;)

Go a physician or urgent care, and they'll know what and when to test.

I wasn't really being rough just trying to be technical by using my head to grab his arm (which blood on it from a cut).

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HIV isn't really a risk in this situation. Unless you particularly had open ulcers or cuts in your mouth/lips. swallowing blood isn't really an issue, its if it gets into your bloodstream. Hep is more of a risk as is transferred much more easily.
To be honest you are most likely fine, so i wouldnt be overly concerned. Maybe go to the STI clinic whenever you get round to it?

Oh the joy of contact sports and getting covered in other peoples blood! Got to love the game!