• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to walk in heels....?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a blast at my reunion on Saturday... I was wearing pumps (not bad, just 2" I think), but they made us go outside and stand in front of a willow tree for our picture. If you know anything about willows, they grow in wet grassy soil. So there I am, trying to stay on my toes for the entire length of the picture taking, so that I don't sink in up to the soles and bury my heels 2" into the mud.

Still it was kind of exaggerated feel for what it means to walk in them, with a lot of support in the toes/balls of my feet. I could put the heel on the ground obviously, but I couldn't lean my weight on it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're getting some sort of spiff aren't you! haha you're in cahoots with insoles!! haha actually you've convinced me tho i think i'll try them sometime maybe :D

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're getting some sort of spiff aren't you! haha you're in cahoots with insoles!! haha actually you've convinced me tho i think i'll try them sometime maybe :D

LoL, no, although it does seem that way. Sometimes I become overly-rambunctious. :)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Bread heels? :thinking:

Bread-Slipper.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I love the look of those really tall platform heels, but I guess my hamstrings are weird or something, because I literally cannot walk in them. It's like my ankle is tilted all the way up toward my calf, and it doesn't allow for any room for normal walking movement. Any tips for THAT?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Heel-toe, Heel-toe, shoulders back and straighten up through your legs/knees so it doesn't look like you're a thunderbirds puppet; it will also help keep to balance you better. The hip sway def. helps, it's like a natural stabilising effect.

I thoroughly recommend gel toe inserts (for the balls of your feet) if you're not used to walking in heels, it will take some of the pressure off.

The method described above allows me to run in heels effectively when needed. (like when im late to catch the bus and have to sprint to the stop to catch it)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a tall freak, toO! :happy2:

Seriously, being 5'11, we don't need heels! They're horrible for your feet. Every time I wear heels - every fucking time - with every fucking pair - within 10 minutes walking, my feet are torn to shreds in blisters and burrs.

WTF? To me it's like the New Day China Foot Bondage Procedure. Fuck that shit. I end up having to wear bandaids on my toes and back of my heel for days after even one evening of wearing them.

How do women stand it? (literally)

Idealatious

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
91?
I'm a tall freak, toO! :happy2:

Seriously, being 5'11, we don't need heels! They're horrible for your feet. Every time I wear heels - every fucking time - with every fucking pair - within 10 minutes walking, my feet are torn to shreds in blisters and burrs.

WTF? To me it's like the New Day China Foot Bondage Procedure. Fuck that shit. I end up having to wear bandaids on my toes and back of my heel for days after even one evening of wearing them.

How do women stand it? (literally)

Oooh me too! Actually 5' 10" and 3/4s of an inch... but who's counting, now. :D

I've worn heels once. And I'll probably eventually buy a pair of heels that I'm willing to wear for short periods at a time... ...maybe. But I'll resent having to wear them. ._.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It also helps to mentally think of the heels as extensions of your legs & feet. This is especially true of high platform heels. This keeps you from tripping up so much.

I tend to walk almost entirely on the ball of my foot if the heel is very slanted. Not sure if that's really good, but it works for me.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I can't really wear heels at all. I've had enough surgeries on my left foot/ankle... That my peronial tendon is too short to let me point my toes on my left foot.

I'm not sure they're really my style though, so I don't consider it a big deal.