• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

5 portions of fruit/veg a day

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's mostly my diet. My problem is getting enough protein and iron in my diet. Even though I eat spinach a lot, I still don't get enough without supplements.

V

violaine

I shoot for five servings but don't get there often enough. I usually make it to three. I crave protein and that ends up dominating my diet.

An easy way for me to get five servings is by making a protein, fruit and greens shake every morning but I've been slacking of late.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
That's mostly my diet. My problem is getting enough protein and iron in my diet. Even though I eat spinach a lot, I still don't get enough without supplements.

Try cooking in a cast iron skillet, wok or other vessel. Especially tomato or tomato products.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Try cooking in a cast iron skillet, wok or other vessel. Especially tomato or tomato products.

I tried the cast iron, but I hate the taste it leave. I never tried a wok, but I might. I have all of these stir fry recipes sitting around...and mmmm tomatoes. :)

Mr. TickTock

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
I eat probably an unhealthy amount of fruit. I really could just eat nothing but fruits for the rest of my life and be happy. I love them so.

veggies...I have maybe 2 portions at dinner.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not every day. I usually have fruit stocked, and have 1-2 portions at lunch. Then I usually (but not always) have at around 1/2 to 1/3 of my plate full of veggies. So...that's what...with broccoli that's 3-4 portions... With zucchini I think I get 2 out of what I normally cook. So...at anytime, anywhere between 3-6 servings per day. Hey, I'm doing pretty good then. :)

after detox, junk becomes hard to consume.

I've run into that issue too. I haven't had fast food in so long that when I do finally crave it and go get it, I end up feeling pretty sick after eating it. It's getting to the point where if I get any highly processed food, I can't eat that either (goodbye Velveeta dinner :( ).

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do at least 3 portions a day, two of fruit, one veg. I gave up drinking caffeine and decided to try drinking some V8 to keep me stimulated on a long late night drive, it's kind of like drinking cold spaghetti sauce. Maybe I'll give it another chance and it can get me closer to 5 portions.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I didn't really have an ideal meal, I just avoid sugar, fat, caffeine. I do take vitamins as a supplement.