• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypC Stop Eating S*** Challenge

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the hardcore: I present many years of intense training and dieting experimentation, what I consider the best diet and what I eat every day. It's not for the faint of heart or uncommitted and there isn't the slightest shred of things like variety or taste which is something many healthy-minded eaters look for compromises on... there is no such compromise in this diet, so fair warning.

The benefit of this diet is that it's simple, effective, relatively cheap, provides the perfect ratio of the food groups to each other, and the best available food sources in each group. It contains only very healthy, highly complex carbohydrates and a huge amount of protein which keeps your metabolism stimulated throughout the day. It's modular in approximate calories, so it makes calorie counting a snap and is best used with a high-calorie burning training plan.

Breakfast (300 Calories)
1.5 cups GoLean classic
+1 cup skim milk
1-a-day multivitamin

Lunch (900 Calories)
2 slices of the healthiest bread you can find
+12 slices low-fat smoked/baked turkey breast
+2 slices no-fat cheese
+2 Tbs. Low-fat mayo (if wanted)
+ mustard (if wanted)
2 cups dark green salad, either spring mix or spinach
+1/4 cup raisins
+1/4 cup mixed nuts, unsalted dry roast
+1 apple diced
+2 Tbs Fat-free "fruit friendly" dressing, I prefer poppyseed

Protein shake (600 Calories)
1/2 blender of ice
+2 scoops protein mix, I prefer Optimum Nutrition's Pro-Complex
+1 Banana
+1 container no-fat yogurt, I prefer vanilla because it goes well with everything
+8 oz. V8 Fusion, I prefer the Acai variety

Dinner (800 Calories)
2 pieces chicken breast, baked, bbq, or use a george foreman grill if you have one
+2 Tbs Ketchup, or BBQ sauce if you must
1 slice healthy bread
+1 Tbs. sugar-free jam, I prefer strawberry
16 oz V8 classic low-sodium
2 Tbs. natural peanut butter (optional)

Provides 7/5 servings of vegetables, 4/4 servings of fruit, 3 servings of dairy, and enough protein for an Olympic weightlifter, with only a few very complex, healthy carbohydrates when you need them.

Now you will probably not want to eat this much because it will be too many calories, it would be unsuitable for females. I am a big guy so this meets my BMR of 2,600 calories a day, and if I need to lose weight any exercise will do it. If you're not working out twice a day, you can take out the protein shake for a straight up 2,000 calorie diet.

:sick:

(I'm picky)

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i can't really stay on extended diets for a long time.
so when i need a kick start i do a cleansing fast with
bentonite clay and psyillium husk. i like doing the fast
first because then i want to control everything i put
back into my body... and i'll usually go raw food for
a few weeks. the fast also helps me accomodate
the taste of chlorophyll better too.

but then i'll always get distracted by twice
fried duck fat fries.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Bentonite clay? You mean, you eat mud? :blink:

fried duck fat fries.

Now that's more like it!! :drool:

WHERE WHERE WHERE do you get that? TELL ME.

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP

fried duck fat fries.

Dieting takes a real commitment. Think of unhealthy food like a guy taking advantage of you in a dark alley. Just yell NO and run away. Get violent if you have to. :D After a while, you'll develop the willpower to be around the most delicious, nastiest foods and not feel the least bit like eating them instead of your salad, because you know that while your friends and relatives might enjoy their double fried duck fat french fries, you're going to enjoy fitting perfectly into your favorite jeans the next morning, guilt-free.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Basically, it's a diet for males who strictly see food as fuel and want the best diet combination for muscle-building and/or fat-loss. Think U.S. marine type folks. :D

1201977595_a1a15d5375.jpg

Sexy melons.

Sanctus Iacobus

MBTI Type
STP
haha. predictible. :alttongue:

but seriously, it helps for developing the physique to reach outstanding levels of fitness to have a diet that matches your goals.

[YOUTUBE="rCdokx1k_20"]asdf[/YOUTUBE]

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
15 days now, over 2 weeks without ANY sweets. :)

I've been craving them more now, but they're manageable. I just pout.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been about four weeks paelo-ish. The first week was hard, I thought it would be harder, and I had a mean sugar/carb addiction. The bout of tonsillitis was a set back, but I feel good. About to kick it up a notch by going very low carb from monday because I still eat fruit. I don't know if I should cut out dairy products completely. I never used much anyway, I know it's not strictly paeleo, but I feel really hard done by not having milk in ma morning coffee.
I had an off day today because I missed my alarm, so couldn't pack lunch and had no left overs for brekkie. I feel like crap, and dealing sugar spikes and crashes all day was annoying! How did I live like this before?
I'm a total convert. I just wish there was more organic produce and meat in my region, although grass fed meat is easy to get.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
15 days now, over 2 weeks without ANY sweets. :)

I've been craving them more now, but they're manageable. I just pout.

Awesome, congrats!! :bananachamp:

What kind of food are you eating? Are you still sticking with just protein, or have you starting eating healthy carbs also? What kind of meat/protein do you eat? Are you getting much in the way of veggies? Nuts and seeds? Beans? Fruit?

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I've been about four weeks paelo-ish. The first week was hard, I thought it would be harder, and I had a mean sugar/carb addiction. The bout of tonsillitis was a set back, but I feel good. About to kick it up a notch by going very low carb from monday because I still eat fruit. I don't know if I should cut out dairy products completely. I never used much anyway, I know it's not strictly paeleo, but I feel really hard done by not having milk in ma morning coffee.

I had an off day today because I missed my alarm, so couldn't pack lunch and had no left overs for brekkie. I feel like crap, and dealing sugar spikes and crashes all day was annoying! How did I live like this before?

I'm a total convert. I just wish there was more organic produce and meat in my region, although grass fed meat is easy to get.

If you ever do a strict detox, you're supposed to cut out dairy and coffee, but on a regular basis if everything else you eat is healthy, I don't see anything wrong with a morning coffee and a bit of dairy here and there. Even most of the CrossFit trainers, who highly recommend paleo, drink coffee in the morning. I'll have to ask them what their take is on a bit of dairy.

I hear ya about being a convert. I was a total carb addict before, also, and was always hungry and grumpy. Plus I had to do ridiculous amounts of aerobic exercise combined with being hungry all the time just to avoid gaining weight. It was scary. So glad I can find a balance of maintaining without being hungry and grumpy, while also eating stuff I actually like that is healthy. I also find it makes a big difference if I have a high protein breakfast. If I have a carby breakfast, I end up being hungry all day.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Awesome, congrats!! :bananachamp:

What kind of food are you eating? Are you still sticking with just protein, or have you starting eating healthy carbs also? What kind of meat/protein do you eat? Are you getting much in the way of veggies? Nuts and seeds? Beans? Fruit?

My diet's pretty much "anything goes" now. Except minimal gluten, zero wheat, and zero sweets unless they're raw sweets (Lara Bars, etc). Those are made of dates.

I wonder if opening my diet to raw sweets has caused me to crave the junkfood sweets...

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
My diet's pretty much "anything goes" now. Except minimal gluten, zero wheat, and zero sweets unless they're raw sweets (Lara Bars, etc). Those are made of dates.

I wonder if opening my diet to raw sweets has caused me to crave the junkfood sweets...

Probably, yes. Don't believe "healthy" marketing on packaging. If it comes in a wrapper, lasts longer than a week, and doesn't need to be refrigerated, it's probably not paleo, sorry.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably, yes. Don't believe "healthy" marketing on packaging. If it comes in a wrapper, lasts longer than a week, and doesn't need to be refrigerated, it's probably not paleo, sorry.

Oh, I'm not touching Paleo ever again! Remember how it made me violently ill? :laugh:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Sounds to me like you're a big fan of convenience food, which makes it really easy to slip up.

If you're willing to put in a tiny bit more effort into it, I can help you figure out lazy ways to eat healthy. Cuz I hate spending time and thought on food prep, so I'm right there with ya. Let me know what healthy food you like, and I'll help you figure out some convenient snacks and meals.

For starters, you could replace your stash of Lara bars with a stash of your fav nuts. Since you're thin, you can get away with eating more nuts than most people. I can eat nuts, too, but I have to limit myself when it comes to nuts I really love like macadamia nuts (can get good ones cheap from Trader Joe's).

I also love snacking on green apples and cheese, especially Dubliner cheese (can also get from Trader Joe's) + Granny Smith apples. It's dairy, but it's probably better than dried fruit.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Oh, I'm not touching Paleo ever again! Remember how it made me violently ill? :laugh:

Haha, I hope you're joking! Paleo just means food that hunter/gatherer societies ate. So natural, unprocessed food.

You did it the unhealthy way by bingeing on eggs and protein.

Do it the healthy way. I'll try to remember to call it something else if you insist that paleo is unhealthy because you have the wrong idea of what it is. :p

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read your posts, it seemed like you ate too many eggs, kept food for way too long (I trained in micro, I know exactly what I can get away with in germs of food storage.) Plus you didn't give your self time to get over carb flu.
I had it easy granted, but, I had already weaned myself off a truly scary energy drink addiction, I'd easy drink 2 liters a day, how I don't have Heart and kidney problems I don't know, six months before. I didn't have deal with sugar crashes, so much, quitting the energy drinks were harder for that reason. So basically I had a big lead up 'till I turned as paeleo as I could. I'm not some crazed devotee or anything, but you gotta stick with something like that for at least 3 months, it can be six weeks before you experience any benefit all. I was kinda lucky, but I feel freakin' amazing now. I don't feel achey in the mornings. I can go for an hours walk everyday, and lift weights etc, with barely minimal muscle pain. It,s the Shiz!

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you ever do a strict detox, you're supposed to cut out dairy and coffee, but on a regular basis if everything else you eat is healthy, I don't see anything wrong with a morning coffee and a bit of dairy here and there. Even most of the CrossFit trainers, who highly recommend paleo, drink coffee in the morning. I'll have to ask them what their take is on a bit of dairy.

I hear ya about being a convert. I was a total carb addict before, also, and was always hungry and grumpy. Plus I had to do ridiculous amounts of aerobic exercise combined with being hungry all the time just to avoid gaining weight. It was scary. So glad I can find a balance of maintaining without being hungry and grumpy, while also eating stuff I actually like that is healthy. I also find it makes a big difference if I have a high protein breakfast. If I have a carby breakfast, I end up being hungry all day.
Not so successful with weight maintenance before. I'm a big girl, and I have a long way to go, BUT, I feel like I have hope now, eh! Apart from yesterday's hiccup (I'm craving carbs big time today, damn it!), I haven't felt this good since I can't remember when). Yes, high protien breakfast are brilliant. Plus, I love eating now. It's not something I have to do.
I'm basically working on the 80/20 principle for now, but I'd like to get stricter, as they are having a competition at work, and I'd like to prove my point about my choice of lifestyle, and well, win. At first, I didn't want to cut so much out I'd struggle, especially as I'm quitting smoking At the same time, but yeah any feed back about the diary would help. If it's at all applicable, I do drink A2 milk. I've read studies that this is actually better for you.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've never been into sweets much. I prefer the savory. A wonderful dessert to me would be a greasy asiago cheese bagel, toasted with a bunch of cream cheese on it.