• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I recently learned that the best waterproof mascara for my sensitive eyes is also the most ridiculous waterproof mascara. It comes in a container that (in the mini size) looks like a sex toy, and has the words "BAD GAL BANG" written across the side.

12/10 lol.

Benefit lol it does look like a sex toy.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
New product shoutout - at least new to me. I tried those microblading pens. One from Etude House that I ordered and one from Maybelline that I picked up at the store. I have to say this is amazing the way it mimics the hairs and it lasts all day and probably into the next day without touchups. I like the Etude House one better due to it having 4 tips as opposed to 3. Here is a good pic.

Tintmy4tip04.jpg

I got the grey brown and it's a very close match as my brows are almost black. These are less than $10.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First. Your avatar is everything. Second, what are you using for skin care? The problem maybe your skin is dehydrated and producing too much oil to makeup for the fact that it has a thirst that needs to be quenched.

In all seriousness, do you tone, moisturize, and prime?

i do it all :cry:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
New product shoutout - at least new to me. I tried those microblading pens. One from Etude House that I ordered and one from Maybelline that I picked up at the store. I have to say this is amazing the way it mimics the hairs and it lasts all day and probably into the next day without touchups. I like the Etude House one better due to it having 4 tips as opposed to 3. Here is a good pic.

Tintmy4tip04.jpg

I got the grey brown and it's a very close match as my brows are almost black. These are less than $10.

I've wondered about those. They look really good. I have some natural gaps in my eyebrows and I'd like something that looks more natural than powder or a eyeliner/brow pencil to fill them in. Thanks for the review!

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This deep conditioning treatment was a splurge from the last time I went to Ulta.

It's billed as a "color boosting" deep conditioner or gloss and contains no ammonia, peroxide, parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

I do not dye my hair because of the cancer risk (or at the very least, toxicity). I am one of those people who are leery of what they put on or in their body. Still, in these dreary winter months, when I'm not out in the sun as much - and when I am outside, it isn't sunny - I like to use some sort of "color enhancing" conditioner to keep the highlights from summer looking fresh. My hair is coppery-colored (auburn?) and gets these more vibrant, fiery highlights in the summertime when I am bumming around outside. Some products I have used in the past (and liked) are Aveda Madder Root conditioner (great but a bit pricey), John Frieda Radiant Red conditioner (most drugstores carry it), and Joico Color Infuse Copper conditioner.

This particular conditioning treatment definitely did live up to its claims, but they weren't kidding about the "color boosting" aspect! The first time I used it, came out like Lucille Ball. I have since used it a second time, but rinsed my hair after about five minutes. More subtle looking this time. It does leave my hair very soft. Worth $30? I don't know that I'd ever spend that much for this product again, but it does work as advertised.

There are other colors available as well.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Proofing 2-in-1 Wash-Mask worked for my horrendous spots/acne (no idea which it was) but it did make my skin feel dry af. This is why you need to moisturise a lot during using it.

71hFlvsy5sL._SY355_.jpg

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't been consistent with using the rosehip seed oil on my face but when I do it for more than a day in a row, I can see such a beautifully flushed glow on my face that reminds me of.. I don't know. Like a blushing bride vibe? I love it. :wubbie: So I'm going to do it every single night from now on. I'm also using it on my self harm scars on my arms.. I read it is great for old scars, but I won't hold my breath. I know the reality of once a scar is formed, it could really be there for life, and I just have to live with these scars. But if I could at least flatten the raised ones, that would be a miracle for me.

61aHNWi2OhL._SY355_.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I haven't been consistent with using the rosehip seed oil on my face but when I do it for more than a day in a row, I can see such a beautifully flushed glow on my face that reminds me of.. I don't know. Like a blushing bride vibe? I love it. :wubbie: So I'm going to do it every single night from now on. I'm also using it on my self harm scars on my arms.. I read it is great for old scars, but I won't hold my breath. I know the reality of once a scar is formed, it could really be there for life, and I just have to live with these scars. But if I could at least flatten the raised ones, that would be a miracle for me.

61aHNWi2OhL._SY355_.jpg

Try Mederma on the scars. I had a cyst removed from my chin area in the summer. It's a small, straight cut but they didn't suture it closed. The doctor told me to use Mederma and that it would take a bit to close fully. It's almost closed complete and I have no scar, only a tiny red mark where it's slightly open.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Are you like me and hate mascara? Always rubbing your eyes and getting raccoon prints underneath. It flakes and gets in your eyeball and ruins your day? Well no more!

Glossier Lash Stick might be the solution for you!
Carousel-1.jpg

In all seriousness, its freaking awesome.
I used to love mascara but when I started working full time i just had to almost fully stop wearing it because I rub my eyes so much at meetings, and it would get everywhere.

This mascara feels and looks so natural while still making my lashes look extra long and fluffy. No clumping. I love it ! Next time I wear it I'll try to take a before and after pic for y'all.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
anyone have any product recommendations that will stop my forehead and nose from getting shiny?! even putting powder on after my foundation, i still get shiny a couple hours after i leave the house. help please!

What I use:

This mask on a monthly basis for days in a row. Helps really calm the skin down.

The same brand also has a shine-free solution I found worked really well. It isn't listed right now but they're under construction still.
Clean and clear makes a gel moisturizer that is sooo lightweight and I found my skin isn't oily and gross feeling after applying it. Like, it's just enough, and the very rare times it isn't I use a soothing gelle mask and apply as second coat and that usually does the trick.
Now-a-days I really just don't care about my face being shiny so I stopped using this product, but it worked really well. I still use the mask and have for like 10 years now.

Also, simply using oil blotting sheets during the day while on the go may help a lot.

I also should mention I don't wear any make up ever, so there's likely some mattifying products out there that can help too.

StrawberryBoots

61aHNWi2OhL._SY355_.jpg
Pluvio, are you still harming yourself? Scars on the skin can't be removed entirely. Mederma is made from onion extract and is intended to minimize scar formation on newly healed skin, and in that case, aloe vera would work as well. There isn't a topical concoction that's going to magically erase old scars on your skin, and any improvements would likely be temporary for as long as you're using the concoction. At best, a plastic surgeon can minimize unsightly scars with excision, skin grafts, lasers, and needling.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pluvio, are you still harming yourself? Scars on the skin can't be removed entirely. Mederma is made from onion extract and is intended to minimize scar formation on newly healed skin, and in that case, aloe vera would work as well. There isn't a topical concoction that's going to magically erase old scars on your skin, and any improvements would likely be temporary for as long as you're using the concoction. At best, a plastic surgeon can minimize unsightly scars with excision, skin grafts, lasers, and needling.

Perhaps so.. I guess I have to learn to live with them. And no, I'm not self-harming anymore, haven't done so in years. I just read medical journals about rose hip oil and how profound the effects it gave to old scars and felt hopeful that maybe it could at least flatten the raised scars on my right arm. That alone would make me very happy.

Starry

Are you like me and hate mascara? Always rubbing your eyes and getting raccoon prints underneath. It flakes and gets in your eyeball and ruins your day? Well no more!

Glossier Lash Stick might be the solution for you!
Carousel-1.jpg

In all seriousness, its freaking awesome.
I used to love mascara but when I started working full time i just had to almost fully stop wearing it because I rub my eyes so much at meetings, and it would get everywhere.

This mascara feels and looks so natural while still making my lashes look extra long and fluffy. No clumping. I love it ! Next time I wear it I'll try to take a before and after pic for y'all.

Is this waterproof Codex? Or does anyone know of a good sport mascara that doesn't feel like you are slicking up your lashes with gasoline or stomach acid? I spend a lot of time outdoors... was at the beach yesterday in a downpour. <-And then later on...because I don't remember to look in the mirror and check on my appearance...I totally scared a store clerk. Like she asked me "Are you finding everything okay?" and as soon as I saw her body jerk back when I looked at her I knew what the problem was... But it was really bad. When I ran to the nearest mirror...I pretty much looked like a rabid raccoon or like Alice Cooper or something.

Help me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Is this waterproof Codex? Or does anyone know of a good sport mascara that doesn't feel like you are slicking up your lashes with gasoline or stomach acid? I spend a lot of time outdoors... was at the beach yesterday in a downpour. <-And then later on...because I don't remember to look in the mirror and check on my appearance...I totally scared a store clerk. Like she asked me "Are you finding everything okay?" and as soon as I saw her body jerk back when I looked at her I knew what the problem was... But it was really bad. When I ran to the nearest mirror...I pretty much looked like a rabid raccoon or like Alice Cooper or something.

Help me.

I had a similar experience when I forgot to check my makeup after lying face down on the chiropractor table before going grocery shopping. Like a full grocery shop.

I couldn't figure out wtf was wrong with the cashier guy who helped me ring up my apples at the self-checkout lane (they were ringing up more expensive than marked). He kept repeatedly saying things like "yeah, no problem, no problem" and just being way too super nice and excessively gentle.

I got in the car and saw black just smeared ALL under my eyes.

He thought I had been crying about those fucking apples.

Starry

I had a similar experience when I forgot to check my makeup after lying face down on the chiropractor table before going grocery shopping. Like a full grocery shop.

I couldn't figure out wtf was wrong with the cashier guy who helped me ring up my apples at the self-checkout lane (they were ringing up more expensive than marked). He kept repeatedly saying things like "yeah, no problem, no problem" and just being way too super nice and excessively gentle.

I got in the car and saw black just smeared ALL under my eyes.

He thought I had been crying about those fucking apples.

haha! Thank god I'm not the only one! And yah...I think that is what the issue was with me too...no one would say anything to me because they couldn't rule out that I hadn't just gone through something extremely tragic.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Help me.

Every time I've strayed from Lancôme mascaras, I regret it. This is waterproof without feeling like cement.

Monsieur Big - Waterproof Mascara for Big Lashes | Lancome

StrawberryBoots

Perhaps so.. I guess I have to learn to live with them. And no, I'm not self-harming anymore, haven't done so in years. I just read medical journals about rose hip oil and how profound the effects it gave to old scars and felt hopeful that maybe it could at least flatten the raised scars on my right arm. That alone would make me very happy.

I empathize with you. I did a lot of research on the topic of scar revision after I was in a car accident that scarred my face. I decided to have a well-respected plastic surgeon do the scar revisions, and he did a beautiful job, as the scars are hardly noticeable now. An affordable treatment for the raised scars on your arm that I think would be worth a try is called needling. Needling breaks up and crushes the scar tissue, promotes remodeling, and in the case of raised scars, potentially flattens them. Needling results are generally permanent. Do some research on this and see what you think.

I hope this helps you. There's a solution out there for you. I wouldn't waste too much time and money on gimmicks. I think the rose hip oil would be more effective following a needling treatment, but I would run this idea through a doctor that specializes in scar revision and your skin type. One website where you can get free advice from doctors is RealSelf.

StrawberryBoots

If you like metallic lips, Tattoo Junkie has a unique, smudge-proof lip product that lasts all day. I just received my first order of a few shades of both metallic and matte 'lip paint', and I'm impressed with both. The colors are accurate to the pictures on their website.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I love Hard Candy brand eye liners. They glide on smooth, are nice colours and seem to apply better than any of my other brands of eye liners. Plus they are pretty inexpensive.