• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

G

Glycerine

I'll tell my wife, but she's very conservative in such matters.

Erring on the side of "conservative" can be a good thing. My brother once told me I looked like a street-walker because of my makeup!

fotd_may04_eye1.jpg

Would this be too much?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
For her, yes.

She almost never wears eye shadow at all.
is it because she doesn't like it?
or because of asian monolid thing and doesn't think eyeshadows are practical?

i like watching her

she does a good tutorial on the naked palette
and is extremely great with using colours

i can't imagine wearing makeup and not playing with colours.
how boring.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooh, jumping in here! Make-up nOOb...I seldom wear it and don't know a lot about it. Halp!

Foundation! I've never been able to find some to match my skin tones. I want something light but not cover up my freckles. My coloring is a kind of coppery...leaning toward burnt orange shade, not reddish copper. Are the mineral make-up products good for this?

How oily/dry is your skin?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have really really big eyes with prominent eyelids - I look like a child prostitute when I try to wear any shadow. All of you, with your canvassable faces, are freakin lucky!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're a natural for a thicker line of eyeliner, then, which I envy!

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're a natural for a thicker line of eyeliner, then, which I envy!

No way, I'd look like a sexed-up raccoon. My eyelashes are SUPER long, thick and dark. Everyone accuses me of wearing eyeliner even with no makeup! I'm lucky to be able to not have to wear eye makeup, but I can't have fun with it without just looking wrong. :alttongue:

Is that you in the avatar btw? Your liner looks great! :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's me. Thanks for the compliment! I love eyeliner.

"A sexed-up racoon" :smile:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone tried the Coastal Scents palettes? I want to try the warm one, I think.

G

Glycerine

I have really really big eyes with prominent eyelids - I look like a child prostitute when I try to wear any shadow. All of you, with your canvassable faces, are freakin lucky!
I envy your big eyes and prominent eyelids! I technically have natural double eyelids but the crease is small. lol

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION], be proud of the double lid! I too have them...even though everyone thinks I look Asian?

Embrace the raccoon look.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION], be proud of the double lid! I too have them...even though everyone thinks I look Asian?

Embrace the raccoon look.

:laugh: I don't think double eyelids differentiate me much in European culture. I think I'd need triple eyelids in order to generate a second glance.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on my understanding, it is the white man's eyelid vs. the Asian one. Where you can see the lid.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whenever I hear "double lid" I imagine a second eyelid which is like a one-way mirror; it appears your eyes are closed to others, but you can still see out them...:ninja:

Anyhow, people think I am part Asian sometimes, and I have a deep eyelid crease. :shrug:

I do thick, liquid liner a lot. I probably look better with just that than with eyeshadow. My favorite liner is mac liquidlast, and sometimes I'll put mac fluidline over it (a gel liner). I tend to wing it out & exaggerate the almond shape of my eyes. I think this is what gives me an Asian look to some.

G

Glycerine

Based on my understanding, it is the white man's eyelid vs. the Asian one. Where you can see the lid.
Supposedly 50% people of East Asian descent naturally have double eyelids.

[MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION]

00210m.jpg
People___Eye_of_Wonder.jpg

Attachments

• 00210m.jpg
    00210m.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 84

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Whenever I hear "double lid" I imagine a second eyelid which is like a one-way mirror; it appears your eyes are closed to others, but you can still see out them...:ninja:

Anyhow, people think I am part Asian sometimes, and I have a deep eyelid crease. :shrug:

I do thick, liquid liner a lot. I probably look better with just that than with eyeshadow. My favorite liner is mac liquidlast, and sometimes I'll put mac fluidline over it (a gel liner). I tend to wing it out & exaggerate the almond shape of my eyes. I think this is what gives me an Asian look to some.

A guy told me once that I had Central Asian eyes. I think that what he meant is that my eyes are large and brown and I use black liquid eyeliner.