User Tag List

First 317179808182 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post

This thread always gives me non-sensitive skin envy. I have incredibly sensitive skin, I can't use most of the things people mention here. I use CeraVe PM lotion and their eye repair cream, but their daytime/AM facial moisturizer gives me acne, burns, and makes my skin rashy. Even Thayer's witch hazel or Mario Badescu's rose water toner - both of which I've heard high praise of - both make my skin break out. Having sensitive skin sucks.

When’d you last try the CeraVe AM lotion? They recently changed the formula (in the past year, I think? ). It may still be too irritating, but some of the chemical suncreen in it has been greatly reduced & replaced with higher amounts of mineral-based spf (zinc oxide), which tends to be gentler on sensitive skin. Might be worth a try, if you can get it somewhere with a good return policy if it doesn’t work out.

Also, I highly recommend this pure aloe gel (more a liquid than a gel texture, though, because it has no fillers) for irritated, sensitive skin. It’s perishable, so it has to be refrigerated after you open it, but it feels even more soothing that way, anyway. I apply with a cotton round, when I have it, but you can put it in a spray bottle, too.

Aubrey Organics Pure Aloe Vera

( Feel free to disregard if not helpful/applicable )
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I'm too sad for pants. Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

Also, I highly recommend this pure aloe gel (more a liquid than a gel texture, though, because it has no fillers) for irritated, sensitive skin. It’s perishable, so it has to be refrigerated after you open it, but it feels even more soothing that way, anyway. I apply with a cotton round, when I have it, but you can put it in a spray bottle, too.

Aubrey Organics Pure Aloe Vera

( Feel free to disregard if not helpful/applicable )
    I know it had gone full zinc the last time I tried it, because I scrutinize ingredients and stay the heck away from chemical sunscreen (it burns/hurts). I think it was in the past year, but I'm not certain. I found an Aveeno facial moisturizer that uses zinc and my skin reacts well to it (I can't even use store knock-offs of it), so I hope beyond hope they continue to make it for a long time.

There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the sensitivity (I can use retinol and Strivectin, but not witch hazel?!). I will definitely keep the aloe vera in mind though, should the ballpark of a need for something like that arise. Sometimes my current regimen inexplicably and spontaneously goes tits up and I need to experiment. Thanks.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

I'm too sad for pants. Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You know, interestingly, I can use CeraVe's facial sunscreen (zinc based), but not their AM facial moisturizer. No idea why.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Continuing on with natural skin care and loving it! Almond flour is an awesome cleanser, I also am getting some honey tomorrow to wash face with. I'm trying a new shampoo made of neem that's natural. Trying to switch water jugs to glass. Super excited about the changes. No acne which normally is a signal to me my skin isn't agreeing with a new beauty regime. It's real simple, almond flour and jojoba to cleanse with, wash, spray some rose water and pat in jojoba.
    What I love is I'm honoring my body and trying to keep it healthy! By trying to switch to more natural products I'm putting my health as a priority and that feels very empowering! I'm so grateful for this fun opportunity to try out a new adventure! What a wonderful experience! I'm so happy!
    Likes Abcdenfp, Powehi liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ

I've gotta say my skin may look even better with natural skincare. I don't know if it'll work longer term as my skin can be sensitive and is breakout prone but atm it looks pretty good from natural skincare. I've started using coconut oil and honey, just also started using vitamin E for lips and eyes. Today as I was washing my face I was impressed by how smooth the skin feels. So surprising! Skin looks radiant and the skin tone looks nice also.
    Morning mask and scrub: turmeric, almond flour, jojoba oil, Thayer's toner and water mixed up to a paste consistency. Pat on skin like a mask and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Wash with slight circular motions. After spray on rose water and pat in jojoba oil while skin is still damp.
    I use coconut oil to remove sunblock at the of day followed by a honey mask for 10-15 minutes. Wash off and spritz on rose water and pat in jojoba oil.
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Powehi liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    I've gotta say my skin may look even better with natural skincare. I don't know if it'll work longer term as my skin can be sensitive and is breakout prone but atm it looks pretty good from natural skincare. I've started using coconut oil and honey, just also started using vitamin E for lips and eyes. Today as I was washing my face I was impressed by how smooth the skin feels. So surprising! Skin looks radiant and the skin tone looks nice also.
    Morning mask and scrub: turmeric, almond flour, jojoba oil, Thayer's toner and water mixed up to a paste consistency. Pat on skin like a mask and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Wash with slight circular motions. After spray on rose water and pat in jojoba oil while skin is still damp.
    I use coconut oil to remove sunblock at the of day followed by a honey mask for 10-15 minutes. Wash off and spritz on rose water and pat in jojoba oil.
    I've been lazy with my face for awhile now (pandemic and depression), but I've had great success overall since I began removing makeup/cleansing with Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel and rosehip oil applied to an organic cotton ball (in that order). Jojoba works well too and is beneficial if you're looking to absorb whatever product you apply next because jojoba is the oil most closely mimicking natural human skin oils, so it sucks everything down in there deeper. I use the rosehip oil to even out my blotchy pinkish complexion.

Besides that, I use Beauty Counter products (moisturizer, peel, light foundation). It's not cheap but I like the quality and I'm supporting a friend by purchasing it (stupid MLM companies).

I don't actually like to do much in the way of beauty care... I've never been girly and have always had an aversion to being high maintenance, so the above routine is maximum effort for me. It works though when I stick to it.
    Likes Pinker85, SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Has any one heard of these "at-home" microdermabrasion devices / machines or ever used one? I keep seeing ads for one on the market that seems highly rated by consumers. Unfortunately, these contraptions retail at $100 and up. As a working class individual, I really want to know something is going to work before I spend a lot of $$ on it. I have recently been experiencing more acne as of late. It is the painful kind (pustules). The microdermabrasion device I'm looking at in particular - here on their official site - claims to help with a litany of concerns incl. fine lines, sun damage, blemishes, and more. I'd personally opt to get one from ebay that's out of the box or only used a couple of times. Still, the price is a bit up there even if "used."

Just didn't know if anyone had any experience with these things. Thanks!
    Over 40 years ago, we were passing through South Carolina - possibly on our way to Florida.
    For reasons unknown to this day, we were shot to death, execution style, on the side of a dirt road.
    We were a young couple, probably in our early to mid-20s, and may have been French Canadian.
    Our identities have never been established.
    So... Who were we?

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I began removing makeup/cleansing with Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel and rosehip oil applied to an organic cotton ball (in that order).

I used to work in a natural food and personal care store where this was sold. I had the rose infused witch hazel toner too, and remember how good it smelled. Witch hazel is a great natural astringent. I'm glad to see this brand and other cruelty-free ones now being sold in more mainstream, larger retail chains as well.
    Over 40 years ago, we were passing through South Carolina - possibly on our way to Florida.
    For reasons unknown to this day, we were shot to death, execution style, on the side of a dirt road.
    We were a young couple, probably in our early to mid-20s, and may have been French Canadian.
    Our identities have never been established.
    So... Who were we?

Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    You know, interestingly, I can use CeraVe's facial sunscreen (zinc based), but not their AM facial moisturizer. No idea why.
    My current bottle of CeraVe AM moisturizer has zinc as well as chemical sunscreens in it. They increased the zinc & decreased some of the chemical spf, but they’re still present. That might be the culprit— I can’t use it near my eyes for that reason. The ingredients are otherwise the same as their PM moisturizer, it looks like.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Anyone know of an affordable [read: cheap] drugstore shampoo & conditioner line for thick, coarse hair that tends to frizz a bit? Anytime I find a nice product that makes my hair look/feel shiny wonderful, it ends up making my hair greasy faster (my skin & hair can be a bit on the oilier side anyway), & gives me an acne flare up on my face within a few days (& when my hair is longer, acne on my shoulders, sometimes).

Tresemme made my hair look/feel awesome, but I got horrible breakouts from that line. Pantene is out, too (super oily result/creates a lot of buildup). Any suggestions are welcome, as long as they’re low cost & I can find them easily. My hair isn’t color treated or anything like that. Pretty low maintenance these days. Just wash/condition & exist.

Likes Powehi liked this post