• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

OMG I Am Looking So OLD!!!!!!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Really? You must be lucky. I have pretty light skin and I started noticing little changes already in my mid to late 20s. Also noticed a chance in my metabolism around 27. Awhile ago I was driving and suddenly thought to myself, "Where did the stuffing under my eyes go?" Now I have some lines that don't go away, even when I'm not smilling or frowning. Since I was in my late 20s though I started wearing sunscreen and paying more attention to cleaning my skin properly or using AHAs to get rid of dead skin cells.

THIS. Ugh. This happened to me this year. I lost the padding under my eyes and a bit in the hollows of my cheeks. I always had kind of a rounder face, but good cheekbones, so I always used to look forward to my face thinning out a bit. But when it happens, all you can think is that the stuffing makes you look more youthful. Plus, the stuffing holds things up. I've always taken good care of my skin, and only had one tiny line under my eyes that appeared when I smiled--and that arrived at 32. Then this year, at exactly 38 1/2, that padding disappeared and suddenly the fine lines under my eyes are more plentiful because they don't have anything to fill them. I hate it, but I also think I'm probably the main one that notices, and I know I got away with not having any lines for a long time.

Yeah, this.

I didn't really become preoccupied with changes to my face until the past couple of years, but my preoccupation has gotten noticeably worse recently - not fishing for feedback here, just being truthful in that I'm starting to feel totally unattractive - having many more of those days. I need to get over it, as I know it's a big perceptual thing and I just need to wrap my head around growing older. I've never had a very positive relationship with my looks/image, so growing older and starting to see subtle changes (just turned 33) has simply exacerbated the problem that has always existed.

I think it probably is perception...I feel the same way, a lot of the time, because the change is so obvious to me, but then I look at someone like you and go, "What is she talking about? She looks great!" I think the other thing, too, is that people have always thought I looked younger than my age, so there's a point of pride in that, however dumb it might be...looking my age just seems like a depressing thing to contemplate. :p

I just have to remember that I, personally, almost never think anyone is strikingly beautiful when they're in their 20s, even when they are genetically stunning. Not putting them down at ALL. But I've always been that way, even when I was a teenager or twentysomething. I like to see the whole person, and that doesn't really show when you're young.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just invested in anti aging skin care by Mary Kay, and I'm twenty. If you take care of your skin when you are young, I hear ya look younger in the long run. So thats my goal.

I agree with this. I started moisturizing young! I lived wilder when I was younger, but I've always tried to keep up on sleep and moisture.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Exactly,

I still think of myself like this.

8z427m.jpg

This is disturbing.

2d15lcj.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I do still have time. Idk, maybe give myself time. Something.

In the first picture you're just thinner and wearing more make-up. You could cut down on weight/puffiness probably from avoiding alcohol (which isn't going to help your face any either, I'm not sure if you smoke, but that doesn't help either...ages you faster) ...and dude get your thyroid taken care of.

You're not even that old.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I feel like I look a bit older this year, despite doing everything I could to take care of myself all my life. At a certain point, you lose some of the fat in your face, which makes stuff shift around or hollow out. But yeah, there are still facial exercises you can do, and most people aren't looking at you with as much scrutiny as you would yourself. I still get the same reactions that I did before I started looking older to myself. But it still sucks because I know what's different. I'd say, try not to look in the mirror expecting to see a 20 year old.

I tend to think women who are in their 40s and 50s who've taken care of themselves are quite beautiful, so I'm less scared of what lies ahead. It's just hard to see yourself through the same lens.

Yeah I know a woman who is 48 and a woman who is 53 who actually still look sexy. I don't mean that in a lesbian way, but I mean it - they don't look like pretty old ladies, they still look like they are WIMMINZ IN A HOT WAY, like I'm sure some young guys would call them MILFs. In both cases they take care of their bodies and their health, and of course do things like dye their hair and wear make-up. It makes me realize what is possible if I eat properly and exercise.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The other night, at was at a friend's house, and her awesome little 10 yr old ISxP daughter told my sister, "I'm going to be Domino when I grow up." That made my day, and just reinforced to me that I can still be myself and get older and not lose "it" factor.

Depressed? Sometimes. Feel unlovely? Yes. As long as I'm doing my best, I should cut myself some slack though. I know women take this sort of thing harder because we're so universally and unfairly judged on appearance, and who wouldn't dread being "demoted" somehow? Even by unfair means?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are an attractive girl, TG. I think part of what you need is a boost in self esteem. You won't take good care of yourself if you think this is the end of your beauty forever, don't let yourself go.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...or an alligator.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Because she's still 20. Give her a few years, and she'll probably start to look like Keith Richards. Or a Real Housewife of New Jersey.

I think she is a little bit older than 20, but I get your point. Excessive tanning is soooo bad for your skin too. Of course I'm paler than a mofo even though I do spend time outside...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because she's still 20. Give her a few years, and she'll probably start to look like Keith Richards. Or a Real Housewife of New Jersey.

Agreed! I was about to say that I thought she already looked "rode hard". All that tanning the child does is going to kick her leathery butt.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAJ-J5fCIoI"]Beavis and Butthead Do Jersey Shore[/YOUTUBE]