• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

OMG I Am Looking So OLD!!!!!!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's that Jenaphor's avatar scares me shitless, but otherwise I would chip in that discussion by saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.".

rav3n

you could do what the vain rich people do and get botox and look like a manquin and a face lift. personally i think you shouldn't beauty isn't meant to last forever that's why flowers die so quickly

It's that Jenaphor's avatar scares me shitless, but otherwise I would chip in that discussion by saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.".
That was a baby picture, as coined by Juice. WMDs are now my preference.

The above quote is what I'm trying to understand Fluffywolf. What she's said in that quote, isn't that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". What it says to me is that she believes beauty = youth.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was a baby picture, as coined by Juice. WMDs are now my preference.

The above quote is what I'm trying to understand Fluffywolf. What she's said in that quote, isn't that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". What it says to me is that she believes beauty = youth.

Actually it is. That's the beauty of the saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :D

It's just that your eyes and hers are not the same. ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll settle for this with the proviso of "eyes and brain functioning". :wink:

Hey, you can settle on whatever you want. I never intended to join this discussion in the first place out of fear of being blown to smithereens by that bazooka girl.

R

RDF

I’m seeing a J vs. P moment.

TG said rather enigmatically: “I’m getting older! I don’t like this!”

J interprets rather literally: “It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with looks or beauty, because older people can be beautiful. TG simply doesn’t like the fact that the years are passing. That’s all we can know, based on what she said.”

FP reads the high emotionality of the statement and interpolates: “TG is showing a lot of emotion. So she’s communicating that it’s about more than just the passage of the years. In most women, such high emotionality would likely mean that they see their looks fading a bit with age. So I’ll try to reassure her on the subject of looks--a little fading is a natual process.”

But J doesn’t like that kind of reasoning: J says, “You’re equating the passage of years with loss of beauty. TG didn’t say that. So I assume it’s a prejudice of yours that you’re inserting.”

FP responds: “Not quite. It’s just FP interpolation. We do that, and most often we’re right. If we’re wrong, then we prefer that the OP correct us, rather than get docked for PC points by onlookers. In other words it would be helpful if TG were to fill in the blanks by explaining just what exactly about the aging process is bugging her so much.”

[Note:] Naturally I’m doing what FPs do--I’m interpolating the thought processes of the participants and taking a stance based on my interpolation. Always risky, but that’s what FPs do. :)

rav3n

J interprets rather literally: “It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with looks or beauty, because older people can be beautiful. TG simply doesn’t like the fact that the years are passing. That’s all we can know, based on what she said.”

FP reads the high emotionality of the statement and interpolates: “TG is showing a lot of emotion. So she’s communicating that it’s about more than just the passage of the years. In most women, such high emotionality would likely mean that they see their looks fading a bit with age. So I’ll try to reassure her on the subject of looks--a little fading is a natual process.”

But J doesn’t like that kind of reasoning: J says, “You’re equating the passage of years with loss of beauty. TG didn’t say that. So I assume it’s a prejudice of yours that you’re inserting.”

FP responds: “Not quite. It’s just FP interpolation. We do that, and most often we’re right. If we’re wrong, then we prefer that the OP correct us, rather than get docked for PC points by onlookers. In other words it would be helpful if TG were to fill in the blanks by explaining just what exactly about the aging process is bugging her so much.”

[Note:] Naturally I’m doing what FPs do--I’m interpolating the thought processes of the participants and taking a stance based on my interpolation. Always risky, but that’s what FPs do. :)
Whoah Fineline!

*backs slowly away from thread*

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

thank you

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just explaining how FPs work. I would think you would understand this stuff by now. :)

Oh no. You should have quit while you were ahead.

but don't you worry! I'll visit your grave. :p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, who doesn't think she's pretty anymore??

ps. That was supposed to be funny.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In comparison to you, I do.

:dry:

Wait... TG hasn't posted in here, has she, since the OP?
Hilarious. :) But at least we got some wonderful anti-aging tips and an unexpected tutorial in P vs J conflict.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got my wall to hide behind. :peepwall:

Funny epitaph for you:

here Fineline crossed
his last line ever.
Layed down in front
of what he hid behind.

:D

Anyway I kid. Except about what I said to Jennifer. That was dead serious!

R

RDF

Wait... TG hasn't posted in here, has she, since the OP?
Hilarious. :) But at least we got some wonderful anti-aging tips and an unexpected tutorial in P vs J conflict.

I think that's TG's role in life: To be just enigmatic enough to be a perfect catalyst.