• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ladies!! Or men who wear make up.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm product loyal to Definicils. I think it works best if you keep brushing it until you get the length and shape you want from your lashes rather than put some on, go to the other eye, come back to the first eye. Keep working with the first eye until it's right and then let it dry. (Does that make sense?) My lashes are medium to long, curly, and blonde. I have used Dior and YSL and for me the formulas are too thick, too many fibers. The only other one I really like is Estee Lauder. I have tried lots of drugstore mascaras and they always end up smudging under my eyes.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think mascara preferences depend on your eye shape/size, lash length/color, & the look you're going for.

I have almond-ish eyes that are on the large side in person, with reasonably thick/long lashes that hit my sunglasses when I blink, but they are a light brown shade (my natural hair color), so they're not that noticeable without mascara. I also don't go for the "natural look". As a result, I like big brushes on mascara (small ones take forever to coat my whole eye), the blackest shade possible, and formulas which focus on volume so the length is not too long, but still giving me the dramatic look I like. I hate waterproof because it flakes & you have to rip your eyes off to remove it, but not too smudgey of a formula is important because my skin is oily & I get a raccoon look easily.

With that in mind, I prefer:
DiorShow - my holy grail of mascaras, but quite pricey (FYI, I'm a semi-reformed product junkie, and "HG" or "holy grail" is a product junkie term used on makeup review sites :tongue:)
Bad Gal Lash (by Benefit) - almost as good as DiorShow, slightly less pricey

Drugstore options:
Maybelline Volume Express Colossal (in the yellow tube) - my drugstore favorite
L'oreal Voluminous - good, but tends to smudge a lot
Hard Candy - hey, it's only 5 bucks!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, there are so many different preferences for different reasons that the exact reason one person doesn't like a product is someone else's reason to happily spend $30 a pop for it. It's helpful to say why you like it and what you expect.

F

figsfiggyfigs

For eyeliner, I like the Mac liquid liner with angled brush. I also like bottled liquid liners. I used to be an avid fan.

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
Try using an eyelash primer first.

After i started using one i founda huge difference. I use the one by Dior and i use dior mascara ontop. looks great.

T

ThatGirl

Epicuren is $180 for a 4oz bottle?!?!?!

A salon I worked at carried it and we each received a whole goodie bag filled with their products. I liked it but......$180 a botttle!?!?! That's insane.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Epicuren is $180 for a 4oz bottle?!?!?!

A salon I worked at carried it and we each received a whole goodie bag filled with their products. I liked it but......$180 a botttle!?!?! That's insane.

Yea, even Lancome has products in that price range. I stop at about $90 a bottle. I'm not paying more than that for moisturizers. Lancome's Secret de Vie is $250 for a 1.7 oz. bottle.
I used Lancome for about 3 years, but I recently switched to Dr. Perricone. I'm gonna try that out for awhile. I liked Lancome also for the amount of freebies I was able to collect. Everytime I bought a bottle I got a bundle of free stuff... shadows, mascaras, blushes, moisturizers, hand creams, concealers, etc. I didn't buy any mascara for 3 years, and I still have a ton of freebies to go through. It can get expensive, but when you add up all the freebies, you realize that the overall price isn't too bad considering all the items you don't have to buy.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wow you must have a lot of disposable income. 250$ for makeup is staggering. :shock:

T

ThatGirl

I could pay that much if it meant I would look 23 for the rest of my life, well into my 100's.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I love Benefit Bad Gal Lash. Great volume and thickness. Dries out fairly quickly, though, and it's $18 a tube. DiorShow is great--haven't used that in a while. Hmm. I also like Laura Mercier.

Drugstore-wise, I like CoverGirl Lash Blast and Rimmel Sexy Curves. I will say, though, that I'm annoyed that every company makes those dumb plastic applicators. I like bristles, dangit. I feel like I'm going to scratch my cornea every time I have to use the plastic ones. Plus, the point is sometimes not pointy enough to reach the corner lashes, especially with Lash Blast.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow you must have a lot of disposable income. 250$ for makeup is staggering. :shock:

I won't buy the $250 bottle lol..... I stop at the $80 some dollar bottles hehe. No, I'm not paying $250 a bottle for moisturizers. Maybe if I was rich lol.......

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I have really sensitive skin and cover girl lash blast made my eyelashes itch so bad and made my eyes glaze over like I was high as hell. So I threw it away. Right now I am currently using Mary Kays Lash Love Mascara. I don't know if I like it too much. I like the fact that my skin and eyelashes react okay to it, I however feel like too much product comes out on the applicator. It was free from a MK party I went too, so I can't complain too much! My absolute favorite drugstore brand would be Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara! I think the applicator is the best I have seen yet and it doesn't make me itchy or anything. I can't say I spend a whole lot on mascara though, I prefer to spend my beauty bucks in eye shadow, primer, and foundation. Makeup Forever has the best coverage I love their foundation and primer! I really like Stila as well, and Nars has some pretty baddass lip gloss. I am not a Urban Decay girl at all, I think most of their shit is overpriced and is lacking color... its like its all glitter!!! lol

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
@_@ I know nothing about make-up.. But mascara makes my eyes feel dry and watery when I apply it.. I wonder if that's just because im not used to it.

i dunno if anyone else has replied to this... but depending on the mascara it could flake and get into your eye in such a small amt that your vision would not be compromised but your eyes might water...

perhaps the formula you are using is too dry... experiment a bit (you can always return mascara for your money -- they just cant put a used tube back on the shelf). and if it still doesnt work out forgo mascara bc eye irritation is awful!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i dunno if anyone else has replied to this... but depending on the mascara it could flake and get into your eye in such a small amt that your vision would not be compromised but your eyes might water...

perhaps the formula you are using is too dry... experiment a bit (you can always return mascara for your money -- they just cant put a used tube back on the shelf). and if it still doesnt work out forgo mascara bc eye irritation is awful!
....wait, mascaras can flake bad enough that your vision would be compromised??! ....:shock: :shock: :horor:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I would like some beauty advice. The first question is what is your favorite mascarra?

I used to use lancome's intencils which has long been discontinued. It was insane for lengthening without clumping or drying out too fast. Now I am using cover girls exact lash which doesn't even come close to as good for lengthening, dries out way to fast, and is just alright. I don't want to keep buying products that advertise correctly but work like crap.

So, what is your favorite mascarra and why?

Thanks!

There's a mascara war waging. No joke. It seems like mascara is the new 'it' cosmetic with scary S&M looking applicators. Walgreens also has lots of 'buy 1 get 1 50% off sales'. I got 3 tubes of mascara for free or discounted because they also package mascara with eyeliners sometimes. I used to like that 3000 calorie stuff by Max Factor then that Volume Intense stuff? Now I use one of the ones by Almay for brown eyes.

They all kinda blur to me, to be honest.

There's this one 'non mascara' that coats your lashes in plastic. I forget what it's called...

Also - www.makeupalley.com is a good source for reviews.

You could go to Sephora and use their eyelash bar.

Or, get fake eyelashes. There's bunches of cheap places in LA. In NorCal $50-75 will get you a decent pair that last for 6 weeks to 8 weeks. Or you can get your eyelashes dyed for cheaper and skip mascara.

I'm gonna get some mink eyeslashes myself :D

T

ThatGirl

There's a mascara war waging. No joke. It seems like mascara is the new 'it' cosmetic with scary S&M looking applicators. Walgreens also has lots of 'buy 1 get 1 50% off sales'. I got 3 tubes of mascara for free or discounted because they also package mascara with eyeliners sometimes. I used to like that 3000 calorie stuff by Max Factor then that Volume Intense stuff? Now I use one of the ones by Almay for brown eyes.

They all kinda blur to me, to be honest.

There's this one 'non mascara' that coats your lashes in plastic. I forget what it's called...

Also - www.makeupalley.com is a good source for reviews.

You could go to Sephora and use their eyelash bar.

Or, get fake eyelashes. There's bunches of cheap places in LA. In NorCal $50-75 will get you a decent pair that last for 6 weeks to 8 weeks. Or you can get your eyelashes dyed for cheaper and skip mascara.

I'm gonna get some mink eyeslashes myself :D

Lol! I actually tried eye lash extensions once. It took three hours, looked funky, and the next day, only half of them fell out. For the next 6-8 weeks I had some long and some short eyelashes.

I have also tried perming and coloring. The color didn't seem to do much, and the perm well....they tangled the lashes when adhering them to the rod, and at the time, my lashes were long enough to make almost a full circle. Trust me, that looked...bad.

Maybe they have worked out the kinks (no pun intended) by now.

What are mink eyelashes?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mink eyelashes are only the 'best luxurious' lashes you can get :p

Wow, maybe you were an early adopter of these things.

I got lash extensions a year or so ago and they looked great. Only took 30 minutes. Got compliments on them.

Only thing is, they are like hair extensions so you have to take care of them.

I also got my eyebrows permed :D It stings and afterwards it looks like you had tattooing done because the flattened hair (at least for east Asians) look much darker and heavier than when they go willy nilly.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mink eyelashes are only the 'best luxurious' lashes you can get :p

Wow, maybe you were an early adopter of these things.

I got lash extensions a year or so ago and they looked great. Only took 30 minutes. Got compliments on them.

Only thing is, they are like hair extensions so you have to take care of them.

I also got my eyebrows permed :D It stings and afterwards it looks like you had tattooing done because the flattened hair (at least for east Asians) look much darker and heavier than when they go willy nilly.